Android Users: We need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Users: We need your help!

First off, hello to everyone. I used to play trench wars about 6-7 years ago and came here to see if you android users would like to help beta test a new game we've developed for the android operating system. I'm sure you guys will find the game very entertaining... seeing how it's a fast paced 2D spaceship game, similar to continuum. And you obviously know a little bit about those, which is why we came here first.

This is one of the first real-time multi-player games for the android marketplace. We've spent the last 7 months developing and now we need people to go in, play it, test it, find the bugs and really hammer down on all the kinks so we can release a polished, clean, official game.

The name of the game is Deimos, you can search for it in the marketplace. It's about 6mb, and currently the only servers are in Utah, but will soon spread to both east coast and west coast cities.

So please, go play it and test it out. You can check out the forums and report any bugs or suggest anything else to us @ http://www.deimos.mobi/forums/forum.php <- that's where we'll be going over and responding community feedback.

If you guys have any questions, please let me know! Thanks.

-neb

Screenshots:

Last edited by nebtrem; 11-03-2010, 04:24 PM.

I'll check it out
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Well so far from what I've seen

the movement is kind of hard, the thrusts don't really flow that well and the rotation is a bit awkward, their should be reverse thrusters as well rather than just floating backward.

I couldn't get sound on mine (if there was any)

The bullets/bombs could be bigger

I would like to see a radar system implemented
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

I am playing it right now but NO ONE is online lol :turned:

Comment

no one online seems kinda cool though, a lot like continuum. especially the repels
          Gun remembers.

Comment

yeah the movement is a bit hard to control and it seems like it takes forever to kill someone, but then again i probably just suck. the graphics and concept are really nice. the pub chat and team chat is also nicely implemented, alot like trench wars. keep it up man i think this could turn out great if you make the ships easier to control. it kinda just felt like i was floating everywhere. i would suggest giving the ships less momentum.. much like thrusting in a terr in ?go turretwarz (you probably don't remember, but it's worth logging in and checking what i mean)
            PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
            ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

@everyone: We're planning on releasing a patch tonight or tomorrow that makes it easier to control the movement of ships.

@gran guerrero: There's no sound for the game yet. That'll be coming in the future. Also, we currently have plans of implementing a radar/mini map. We'll see what we can do with the bullets/bombs, bigger might be better. We'll also take into consideration the thruster sprite while reversing. Please post any other ideas/problems you're having on the deimos forum so that all the developers can see. That would be fantastic.

@Nycle & Flared: There's usually been a lot more people on at night.

@Mythril: Thanks for the feedback! We're looking for any kind of input.

Thanks guys for testing it out. We've gotten tons of great feedback from lots of different users. If you guys can post on the Deimos forums so that all the developers can read the bugs you're experiencing that would be great. That way everything is in one place cause I'm following like 7 different forums on 7 different sites

-neb
              Last edited by nebtrem; 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

it'd be nice if you could make it so that you can maneuver your ship and fire using keys rather than touch screen as well
                Gun remembers.

Comment

I can't even figure out how to move... all I can do is spin around in circles. I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to move and I couldn't - if I weren't purposely testing this I would uninstall it.
                  Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                  1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                  1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                  1:Chao <ER>> at all
                  1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                  1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                  Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                  Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Yo buddy, how about since were testing your game you give a thanks to "www.trenchwars.org for game testing" on the creds.

Quid pro quo and shit.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                      Yo buddy, how about since were testing your game you give a thanks to "www.trenchwars.org for game testing" on the creds.
                      this
                      Gun remembers.

Comment

It's pretty cool, controlling the ship is hard though.

I have noticed that if you're moving around and shooting at the same time, the bullets have a bit of lag and come from a different part of your ship than where they are supposed to come from. For the rest, it'll probably be hard to get controls really good one a phone.
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Galleleo, were you playing over WiFi or 3G? We have a feature implemented that compensates for lag. It's called TimeNudge and its under settings. It actually adjusts the position of enemy ships and projectiles into the future by a set number of milliseconds (you choose how much). That way it compensates for the lag and acts like there's less of it.

The controls are being worked on heavily. We understand that this is a huge part of the game and we're trying to perfect them.

Comment

Wifi.
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I thought my eris had a large screen... but I guess it's too small

Comment

Working...
                              X