Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Diablo Fans (Or anyone that likes ARPG Hack&Slash types)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Diablo Fans (Or anyone that likes ARPG Hack&Slash types)

So, recently, I've been pretty bored (not bored enough to play TW though), and I've been looking for new Diablo "clones" to play, since I've played the shit out of D2 and even D1 a few times recently. I love those type of games, but I always look for something new, at least until Diablo 3 comes out (who the fuck knows when with Blizzard).

Anyway, I've played umm.. Sacred 2, Torchlight, ummm... Titan Quest, etc. All of those games had their own respected qualities I liked, but of course, none of them were Diablo.

Anyway, I recently started looking into Diablo 3, and I realized that Blizzard is all kinds of fucked up. The characters in that game all look like WoW models. It's pathetic. I also realized that the team that created Diablo 1 and 2 are NOT with Blizzard anymore. They were on a company called Blizzard North, which got dissolved by Blizzard itself. The team that is making Diablo 3 has NOTHING to do with the guys that made the orignal Diablo games. That is fucking pathetic to me. The company that created Torchlight had a bunch of guys from Diablo 1 and 2 make it, and I think Hellgate: London was also created by another company spawned by ex Diablo developers.

Anyway, I also found out that Diablo 3 should have came out YEARS ago. What happened was that Blizzard dissolved Blizzard North, and once they did that, they took the almost finished version of Diablo 3 at that time and scrapped it. They then decided to take guys from their WoW team (to obviously have WoW players play Diablo, and vice versa, shitty fucking marketing ploy), and they moved them over to the Diablo 3 development. What happened was that they scrapped the entire practically finished game, and they started over from scratch. Only this time, Diablo 3 is not Diablo anymore. It is WoW without a subscription. What a crock of shit. The characters look like WoW clones, the game is all cartoon like, and it isn't really "dark" occultic crap anymore. Think of Night Elves in Wow fighting against the evil horde of the undead rogues in WoW 3: Diablo. I'm sure I'll still buy the game, since nothing comes close to Diablo, but I'm fucking disappointed, and this game should have been released years ago.
    -----------

ANYWAY: Here comes my real point of this thread.

While I was looking for Diablo ARPG clones, I stumbled upon a new game that is still in development. The company is called Crate, which is a newly formed, very SMALL group of programmers all working together to make this game called Grim Dawn.

http://www.grimdawn.com/index.php

It is in Alpha stage now, but there is a reason I like it so much. The company is professional, not some Triple A product, but they actually TALK and SHARE IDEAS with their fans. You can go on their message board and you can discuss with ALL of the developers and programmers on the project about what you want to see in the game, what you enjoyed in other games like Diablo (that made it special and stand apart), and practically anything else. They actually care about their consumers, which is a breath of fresh air to me.

Anyway, their alpha version is gonna come out soon, and if you preorder the game, you automatically can enter into the alpha/beta testing. I'm not saying anyone should do it, but I think anyone that likes ARPG games should check this one out for future reference (when it is completed). The game looks like Diablo 3 SHOULD HAVE been in my opinion, and the developers are listening to all of the fans in how to make a game great. Almost every member on those forums are Diablo players, all of them say they will buy Diablo 3, but they also exchange ideas of WHY they enjoy those games over games like Sacred/Titan Quest/etc. I dunno. I think I'm just really impressed by the way that company is listening and talking to the consumers of their products, rather than ignoring them like almost every other big game company does.

I'll put it into perspective: If this company (Crate) were the ones making games like Madden, we would see a NEW game with NEW features every single year, rather than just a fucking updated roster and a new feature that is basically a facebook trading card game. The superstar mode would be fixed, the franchise mode wouldn't suck balls, and the internet play would actually be balanced. Also, players would actually be rated the way they should be, instead of Eli Manning being a 90 rated QB. Shit like that is a travesty. If EA listened to their fans like Crate does for theirs, we would actually have good Madden games WORTH buying every year, rather than paying full price for a roster update and the ability to play online for another year.

Anyway, I was just throwing this game out there to a few of you guys. It isn't finished, but I think it will be a pretty fucking amazing game when it is. I honestly think it could rival Diablo 3 in how good it is by the time it is done. Also, none of these developers had ANYTHING to do with World of fucking shithole Warcraft, so you can be rest assured the characters won't look like night elves and fucking undead lich kings or whatever the fuck they are.

Check the game out.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
    So, recently, I've been pretty bored (not bored enough to play TW though), and I've been looking for new Diablo "clones" to play, since I've played the shit out of D2 and even D1 a few times recently. I love those type of games, but I always look for something new, at least until Diablo 3 comes out (who the fuck knows when with Blizzard).

Anyway, I've played umm.. Sacred 2, Torchlight, ummm... Titan Quest, etc. All of those games had their own respected qualities I liked, but of course, none of them were Diablo.

Anyway, I recently started looking into Diablo 3, and I realized that Blizzard is all kinds of fucked up. The characters in that game all look like WoW models. It's pathetic. I also realized that the team that created Diablo 1 and 2 are NOT with Blizzard anymore. They were on a company called Blizzard North, which got dissolved by Blizzard itself. The team that is making Diablo 3 has NOTHING to do with the guys that made the orignal Diablo games. That is fucking pathetic to me. The company that created Torchlight had a bunch of guys from Diablo 1 and 2 make it, and I think Hellgate: London was also created by another company spawned by ex Diablo developers.

Anyway, I also found out that Diablo 3 should have came out YEARS ago. What happened was that Blizzard dissolved Blizzard North, and once they did that, they took the almost finished version of Diablo 3 at that time and scrapped it. They then decided to take guys from their WoW team (to obviously have WoW players play Diablo, and vice versa, shitty fucking marketing ploy), and they moved them over to the Diablo 3 development. What happened was that they scrapped the entire practically finished game, and they started over from scratch. Only this time, Diablo 3 is not Diablo anymore. It is WoW without a subscription. What a crock of shit. The characters look like WoW clones, the game is all cartoon like, and it isn't really "dark" occultic crap anymore. Think of Night Elves in Wow fighting against the evil horde of the undead rogues in WoW 3: Diablo. I'm sure I'll still buy the game, since nothing comes close to Diablo, but I'm fucking disappointed, and this game should have been released years ago.
    -----------

ANYWAY: Here comes my real point of this thread.

While I was looking for Diablo ARPG clones, I stumbled upon a new game that is still in development. The company is called Crate, which is a newly formed, very SMALL group of programmers all working together to make this game called Grim Dawn.

It is in Alpha stage now, but there is a reason I like it so much. The company is professional, not some Triple A product, but they actually TALK and SHARE IDEAS with their fans. You can go on their message board and you can discuss with ALL of the developers and programmers on the project about what you want to see in the game, what you enjoyed in other games like Diablo (that made it special and stand apart), and practically anything else. They actually care about their consumers, which is a breath of fresh air to me.

Anyway, their alpha version is gonna come out soon, and if you preorder the game, you automatically can enter into the alpha/beta testing. I'm not saying anyone should do it, but I think anyone that likes ARPG games should check this one out for future reference (when it is completed). The game looks like Diablo 3 SHOULD HAVE been in my opinion, and the developers are listening to all of the fans in how to make a game great. Almost every member on those forums are Diablo players, all of them say they will buy Diablo 3, but they also exchange ideas of WHY they enjoy those games over games like Sacred/Titan Quest/etc. I dunno. I think I'm just really impressed by the way that company is listening and talking to the consumers of their products, rather than ignoring them like almost every other big game company does.

I'll put it into perspective: If this company (Crate) were the ones making games like Madden, we would see a NEW game with NEW features every single year, rather than just a fucking updated roster and a new feature that is basically a facebook trading card game. The superstar mode would be fixed, the franchise mode wouldn't suck balls, and the internet play would actually be balanced. Also, players would actually be rated the way they should be, instead of Eli Manning being a 90 rated QB. Shit like that is a travesty. If EA listened to their fans like Crate does for theirs, we would actually have good Madden games WORTH buying every year, rather than paying full price for a roster update and the ability to play online for another year.

Anyway, I was just throwing this game out there to a few of you guys. It isn't finished, but I think it will be a pretty fucking amazing game when it is. I honestly think it could rival Diablo 3 in how good it is by the time it is done. Also, none of these developers had ANYTHING to do with World of fucking shithole Warcraft, so you can be rest assured the characters won't look like night elves and fucking undead lich kings or whatever the fuck they are.

Check the game out.
    +1

I may get it, looks good.
    Last edited by Rasaq; 03-06-2011, 03:03 AM. Reason: Was being mean. :(

Comment

Crate is basically just a smaller version of Iron Lore, the team that made Titan Quest.

But Titan Quest kicks ass, and thus I've been looking forward to this game for quite some time. Didn't know they were almost to Alpha, though, that's sweet.
      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

gamestop says Diablo 3 should be out this november
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

You should play Demon's Souls.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X