Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• god damn i miss michigan

used to watch this shit every night when i was a kid, IRL

See that is on my bucket list. Been wanting to see it forever. Apparently next year there will be a sweet storm better than tomorrow's and I plan on going up to Alaska to see it.
    sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
    1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

hell ya its even more ridiculous in alaska

Comment

and see how it lookcs like its day cuz u can see teh water hell no its midnight or later its just all the snow on teh ground reflects all the light u can always see everything outside at night when snow is on the ground

Comment

Comment

I remember watching one of those super intense storms once when I was a kid. You could just see some of the flickers way down here on the plains of CO. Would LOVE to see one up in Alaska.

To quote Carl Sagan mainly because I am high as fuck

"The Cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us — there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation of a distant memory, as if we were falling from a great height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries."
            Fuck it.

Comment

I've been to Pictured Rocks and I've seen the northern lights. Michigan's neat.

Comment

re: god damn i miss michigan

This is the first time someone has said this. Congrats.

Visited Michigan two summers ago for a couple weeks. Let's just say I enjoyed my weekend in Chicago.
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                  used to watch this shit every night when i was a kid, IRL
                  I'm glad you clarified that
                  1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                  Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                  1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                  1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                  beam> stfu tsunami
                  Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                  beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                  Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

michigan rocks

fucking miss everything about it except the lame ass detroit suburbs that have nothing to do. otherwise michigan is the BOMB

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                      michigan rocks

fucking miss everything about it except the lame ass detroit suburbs that have nothing to do. otherwise michigan is the BOMB
                      places like flint/detroit give michigan a bad rap. Sure we have our slums and redneck towns way out in the boonies, but so does every other state. Sure we have an absurd unemployment percentage due to the decline of the american auto industry... Shit, wait...what was I trying to argue?

The point is, most people are inherently defensive regarding their hometown, which is fine. But why shit talk an entire state after only a brief visit. Visit some of the lakeshores and attend some of the nationally recognized visual arts events, and see some godamned local culture before you bash on an entire state you have only a cursory familiarity with.

edit: not to mention some of the local microbrews that rival any other in the nation.

Comment

hey, at least michigan isn't new jersey
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                          places like flint/detroit give michigan a bad rap. Sure we have our slums and redneck towns way out in the boonies, but so does every other state. Sure we have an absurd unemployment percentage due to the decline of the american auto industry... Shit, wait...what was I trying to argue?

The point is, most people are inherently defensive regarding their hometown, which is fine. But why shit talk an entire state after only a brief visit. Visit some of the lakeshores and attend some of the nationally recognized visual arts events, and see some godamned local culture before you bash on an entire state you have only a cursory familiarity with.

edit: not to mention some of the local microbrews that rival any other in the nation.
                          where do you see me bashing michigan? i grew up here and lived here for 20 years of my life i'm pretty sure i've been all the above you've mentioned. on the contrary i actually really really like michigan and would move back there if there was the right job opportunity. with that said, my career interests just don't align well with the michigan economy (that is also slowly unraveling). i said the only downside abuot michigan is that we don't have a real "bumping" city like Chicago / NYC / etc. since detroit doesn't really qualify and everybody lives in the suburbs (where there is really little to do)

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                            where do you see me bashing michigan? i grew up here and lived here for 20 years of my life i'm pretty sure i've been all the above you've mentioned. on the contrary i actually really really like michigan and would move back there if there was the right job opportunity. with that said, my career interests just don't align well with the michigan economy (that is also slowly unraveling). i said the only downside abuot michigan is that we don't have a real "bumping" city like Chicago / NYC / etc. since detroit doesn't really qualify and everybody lives in the suburbs (where there is really little to do)
                            don't ask why I'm reviving this thread now, but I'd like to clarify that my post was directed towards fit of rage, not you

Comment

word

Comment

Working...
                              X