Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

earn money through lottery (no card info necessary)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunch of angry nerds in this thread. Go clean your pipes and unload some of that angst.
    TWLD CHAMP x1 Fierce (Benched 100%)
    WORKOUT TITLES:

BENCH MAX: I don't sit on benches; I can't get back up
    CURL MAX: An entire ham
    SQUAT MAX: 566lbs
    DEADLIFT MAX: 566lbs
    WEIGHT: 566lbs HEIGHT: 5'1" (Medically impossible, according to Discovery Channel)
    BODYFAT:97%
    TIME SINCE FIRST WORKOUT EVER: Whatout?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
        but I guess a province who banks on oil and nothing else tends to do irresponsible shit.
        i am doing my best to take your oil

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
          don't worry about it money, their lottery isn't taxed 50%, but the rest of what they make for their entire life sure is. I'd rather have our system.
          get your facts straight fat ass, we dont have to give back 50% no one gives a fuck about america or its lotto
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

instead of refining it we like to sell it for nickels on the dollar. enjoy.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Wow haven't posted here in a while and I missed this thread!

So as a thought exercise during this whole $640 million jackpot thing, I was thinking what one could possibly do if they won the $320 million after taxes.

If you invested $320 million into a nice dividend stock (how about a nice stable Canadian bank? BMO ( http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BMO ), dividend payout 4.8%) you would net $15.36 million a year. Taxed at say 15% (I believe that's the rate in the USA) you'd end up with ~$13 million.

Now let's think about what we could do with this money every year.
              NYC Penthouse Condo at $20 million, with 5.5% mortgage over 25 years = $1.5 million/year. After maintance fees and taxes, ~$2,000,000/year
              Summer house in the Hamptons at $10 million, after taxes ~$1,000,000/year
              200 days vacation/year. Stay at the Presidential or 2nd largest suite at the Four Seasons or equivalent hotel = $5000/night = $1,000,000/year
              Fly by private jet every flight, say 40 flights (20 ten day trips round trip) at $30,000/flight = $1.2 million. (If you fly international first class it'd be approx 20x$12,000 = 240,000)
              Eat at a Michelin rated class restaurant every day for 300 days with good wines with a dining partner = $1000/meal * 200 = $200,000
              Buy a new Ferrari every year, a new Rolls Royce every year, and a new Land Rover every year + maintenance + fuel = $1,000,000/year
              Hire a butler, cleaning staff x2, nanny, driver, securityx2 = $400,000/year
              Buy some expensive art, good furniture, and other random household stuff to furnish your homes = $1,000,000/year
              Memberships to exclusive workout clubs with trainers, exclusive country clubs, golf courses, private ski hills and so on = $1,000,000/year

Note that at this level you're only at $8.8 million.

That means with a very conservative investment collecting dividends with these winnings, you still have $4.2 million to blow on cocaine, more gambling or whatever.

Now that you know this, consider that Mitt Romney made $17 million last year after taxes.

Now back to the original post. For a lot of people (myself included), buying the lottery is a way to dream impossible dreams if only temporarily and gives perhaps a hope of a ridiculous rapper-life that I'll never have. If that only costs $5 every few weeks, then so be it. I spend way more money on coffee.
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Epi, that's never going to work because even if you win, you are likely to lose the people who are closest to you at moment. Some family/friends will try to get a piece of that lottery prize, others will drift away because soon you will be surrounded by people are more than ready to please you in order to get some of your money.

The truth is that, people tend to think money solve all their problems. Personally I blame that belief for the higher suicide attempt rate amongst the lottery winners - money buys you a lot of things but it could not buy health (unless you were so poor you could not afford a doctor), youth, love or happiness.

But then again optimistic people live longer, so have false hope and never win the top prize would probably do most people good.
                ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                  instead of refining it we like to sell it for nickels on the dollar. enjoy.
                  pscht i dont give a shit about the oil sands themselves

i just want them to keep buying trucks.

they could be nicer to me when the trucks break after they drive them into walls and stuff though. that would be nice.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

Why aren't you doing your best

to take my

heart
                    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

pee-drag