Before and after..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and after..

Growing up I was always on the heavy side, I never had complaints about how heavy I was and didn't really care about working out or staying healthy.. Mainly because I was pretty ignorant about the whole staying healthy and what not, until I started to realize my health was at risk and I reached 280 pounds. One day, while eating a burger at McDonalds I said to a friend of mine "I'm going to lose 80 pounds, and I'm going to join the Army". It was not an easy task at all.. Took a lot of self control, but I accomplished it. A year in a half later I'm 200 pounds, in the best shape I ever been in my life and i'm preparing to go on my first tour to Afghanistan.

If you put your mind towards a goal, and you focus on what you really want.. You will achieve it. Be blessed ya'll.

We'll be waiting for you in pub when you get back.

Never forget our teamspeak dayzzz, slick.

All the best
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

pics

Comment

Before

After (I'm on the left)

Comment

Congratulations, slick. Job well done. You'll still be the guy who danced to the "bring 'em out" song on video in my mind, though.
          sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
          1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

gg

Comment

Good job LS, take my word for it this will really help you as you get older. As a guy who smoked dope daily since the late 1970s, I never gave much thought about the impact of 35+ years of munchies. I hit 250 pounds about 18 months ago (I’m 6’ 1”) but seemed to be carrying it pretty well.
              Enter Type II diabetes. My damn blood sugars were staying over 200 all the time and I developed neuropathy (numbness in my feet and hands). Rather than relying on ‘better living through chemistry’ I got off the damn couch and dropped my daily food intake to 1600 calories per day. I’m now down to 180 pounds and feeling 100% better.
              So take solace that you have indeed done the right thing for your health long-term. Don’t wait like me until the extra weight, even if you carry it well, turns into something more serious.
              eph

Comment

So that subspace player that I strongly disliked was actually a 280 lb guy behind his spaceship.

It all makes sense now
                1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                beam> stfu tsunami
                Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Little Slick View Post
                  Growing up I was always on the heavy side, I never had complaints about how heavy I was and didn't really care about working out or staying healthy.. Mainly because I was pretty ignorant about the whole staying healthy and what not, until I started to realize my health was at risk and I reached 280 pounds. One day, while eating a burger at McDonalds I said to a friend of mine "I'm going to lose 80 pounds, and I'm going to join the Army". It was not an easy task at all.. Took a lot of self control, but I accomplished it. A year in a half later I'm 200 pounds, in the best shape I ever been in my life and i'm preparing to go on my first tour to Afghanistan.

If you put your mind towards a goal, and you focus on what you really want.. You will achieve it. Be blessed ya'll.
                  wow good for you lil slick ! very proud of you for losing all that weight, procrastination is the worst but it looks like you have it all figured out for yourself which is more then most of us can say haha

all the best in afghan, god bless and prayers with family friends and yourself for your safe return bro
                  what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
                  http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

that is a very inspirational story. i wish you the best
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

did you finish the burger?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Good work LS!

P.S. make sure you do your travel research while still in the U.S., Afghanistan is not known for its fast internet connection.

P.P.S you might also not be able to see women in bikinis for the whole period ... the fact is that you might not even see their face. But that is not the point.

P.P.P.S Afghanistan is the 3rd cheapest place to purchase opium according to the internet, not I am implying anything of course :sneaky:

All the best :laugh3:
                        Last edited by T3l Ca7; 05-15-2012, 11:53 AM. Reason: googled opium price ...
                        ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                          Good job LS, take my word for it this will really help you as you get older. As a guy who smoked dope daily since the late 1970s, I never gave much thought about the impact of 35+ years of munchies.
                          LOOOOL

Good to hear about your story though, eph.

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7 View Post
                            Good work LS!

P.S. make sure you do your travel research while still in the U.S., Afghanistan is not known for its fast internet connection.

P.P.S you might also not be able to see women in bikinis for the whole period ... the fact is that you might not even see their face. But that is not the point.

P.P.P.S Afghanistan is the 3rd cheapest place to purchase opium according to the internet, not I am implying anything of course :sneaky:

All the best :laugh3:
                            bitch hes in teh army not going on a sight seeing trip

Comment

do not look pashtun women in the eyes

a gran guerrero might be nearby wielding a machete saying an urdu form of "u eyeballin muh woman?"

Comment

Working...
                              X