My Recovery (For Mossad's Eye's Only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit Smoking: Hour 3

I'm going to Tim Hortons on Merivale, I already had 2 egg mcmuffins for breakfast but now I want more and a coffee!

Comment

Quit Smoking: Hour 4

Suprisingly, I've made it 3 hours without a cigarette. I'm doing pretty good but after I got back from Tim Hortons for my walk and coffee, the temptation to smoke a cigarette was relatively high as it's been 3 hours without and I'm used to smoking every 20-30 minutes. I've done the math, I've managed to pass on about 6-10 cigarettes so far. Usually when going for a walk to Tim Hortons I smoke 4 in that hour and I was otherwise smoking every 20 minutes this morning so I'd say I've passed on about 10 cigarettes so far today. 6 At the very least. I also saw a bunch of roaches on the path to Timmy's but I didn't touch them! I'm so gross...

It's 11:11, meaning there's only 49 minutes left of hour 4. My best was 5.5 hours almost a month ago! Less then that, I quit around 7:50, so 38 minutes to go because it's now 11:12 AM. Does time ever fly! You all better start placing bets on me, for fun. See how long I go... I wanna quit!!!~

Comment

Quit Smoking: Hour 5

Well, since making this post I've played a lot of cards. Crazy eights in specific. I had the urge to go out for a smoke with one of my smoking buddys when he asked me to, but I responded "No, I quit smoking". Now I have plans to go eat at Tim Hortons a lunch with a girl after she eats here and I'll buy her a coffee. It's almost epic walk time, folks! Epic, cuz it's with a girl. She's very supportive of me quitting.

So ya, I've gone 4 hours without a cigarette, working on hour 5 and I feel great. Almost at my record during the day of 5.5 hours! To match it, I gotta go another hour and a half. To beat, I gotta go 2 hours! I'm 2/3's there! After this walk, I'll have done it.

It's helpful to have a place to write an update on the hour of every hour I quit as to reflect on it and look for support.

FOR LELAND!

Comment

Quit Smoking: Hour 6

Just 20 minutes left until I've gone 6 hours without smoking! A new record during the day when it comes to quitting. I just went for a walk with a girl from Fisher to Timmy's and bought us both a coffee and a bagel with cream cheese for myself with my $20 Tim Card that my brother gave me for my birthday. EPIC FUN! I haven't smoked for almost 6 hours now! I feel great! FOR LELAND'!

Now I'm gonna call my Momma Bear and tell her the good news.

Comment

Quit Smoking: Hour 7

It's 2:02 PM and I quit smoking around 7:50 AM, I'm officially working on the 7th hour of quitting. My Goal is to quit forever! I feel great.

Comment

Good job

Comment

Quit Smoking: Hour 8

I've gone 7 hours without smoking and working on the 8th. I'm very proud of myself for coming this far and hope to make it through the 8th hour without smoking. I'm going into this hour strong, my cravings are very minimal and I have another walk planned out but I don't know to where. Maybe around the experimental farm or something. Then again, maybe I'll just listen to music in my room and sip on a Pepsi. I'm sure Leland would be very proud of me for quitting for 7 hours during the day. I hardly even ever go this long during my sleep because I'll wake up in the middle of the night and go out for a smoke! I'm THAT bad. I can't wait to get in touch with my Momma-Bear and tell her I've gone 7 hours without smoking and feel great about it!

Comment

Quit Smoking: Hour 9

In the last hour or so, I've treated myself to 2 corner store visits (King's Corner Store). I bought a Monster and a Pepsi the first round then a Dr. Pepper just now. I also took a shower and listened to music. I'm working on hour 9 and have about 30 minutes to go until I'm working on hour 10! It's a miracle people, I think I got this.

Comment

Quit Smoking: Hour 10

I've gone 9 hours without smoking, working on hour 10. I'm anxious.

Comment

NEW RECORD! 10 hours during the day of non-smoking!

I'm gonna wait another 10 minutes and then have a smoke after it's been exactly 10 hours. I need a break from quitting, it's been a rough day without a cigarette but it shows hope at least for a harm reduction approach to cutting back, more and more, every time... until eventually I quit.

Comment

I am so thrilled that I went 10 hours yesterday without a cigarette that I intend to go 12 hours today! I'll keep praciticing like this until finally I can quit for Leland! Leland must be my soul mate. There is no other explanation as to why she's so cute. It's 6:40 AM now, I'm making coffee. I'll quit at 7:00 AM and post hour 1 updates followed by hourly updates of quitting like I did yesterday and hope to get more encouraging support and replies from the TW community. Cheers!

Comment

Quit Smoking: Hour 1

It's been about 30 minutes without a cigarette and now I'm going to Merivale road Tim Horton's for a coffee and breakfast. I'll be back in an hour or so for running group at 8:30. Then walking group at 11:00.

Comment

Hi Chewbot, it's your long-standing friend. It's 11:14 PM.
                            Last edited by Celestial Jeddak; 09-07-2012, 02:31 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X