"The Video Games are the Root of All Society's Problems"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Video Games are the Root of All Society's Problems"

Don't flame me, it was a quote from these parents.

Honestly, I knew something was wrong before I even opened the front door. I could hear the television on too loudly, and, sure enough, there they were: Beckie, Austin, and Savannah. They were all playing the video games! What I saw on the screen was deplorable. A car was exploding as a burning man, without a head, flung himself into a river. Police officers desperately tried to control the situation. All the while the children were laughing.
    I did what any self-respecting parent would have done in that situation: I stormed over to the television and pulled the plug. Austin and Savannah were ordered to their rooms, and Beckie was ordered to leave. That's the last time we'll be requiring your services, I let her know. Before she left, Beckie took whatever that trash was that she was forcing upon my children, and it's a good thing she did because it would have gone straight in with the other trash if she hadn't. This girl is 17 years old, so, frankly, I was appalled that someone of that age could be so irresponsible in handling these two young children. I could only imagine what else might have gone on in my absence. I didn't get more than five hours of sleep that night, worrying about it.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Please God, let it be satire.

Please.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

"I didn't get more than five hours of sleep that night, worrying about it. "

I get that on a good night.
      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

that's a BIG ditto, BZ
        Last edited by Dameon Angell; 10-14-2003, 07:54 PM.
        DELETED

Comment

While I was reading that, i felt like strangling that parent!! What a freakin deushe bag piece of wank.

Comment

Rammstein was partly blamed for the Colombine (sp?) shootings:\

You gotta admit though, games like "Postal" are a little too far, but anybody that would be influenced by these games should be shot.
            Ну вот...

Comment

Are video games to blame for the violent imagery of the last two posts?

Comment

I did what any [i]self-respecting[i] parent would have done
                hey that guy is alright, he was just watching his ass
                I like sub space
                but i am not a fuck face
                but most people in it are...
                me - i didn't get that far.
                it's also full of lamers, laggots,
                newbies, eaters, teamers, faggots...
                I own them like an ez pie
                ph34r!! - stay away or die.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                  no.
                  DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                    no. much like the people who commit crimes after viewing violent movies/games, the real blame lies with the lack of maturity and common sense of the individual.

much like the old gun saying (i hate guns), it's not video games and movies that kill people... it's dipshits that kill people.
                    plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

But one would argue that it's the video games and movies that mold our ways into thinking that killing is OK on moral grounds and that games and movies can intice it.
                      Ну вот...

Comment

I think they just desensitize us to killing/death, but if you were rasied correctly (aka you're parents werent morons that stuck you in front of a tv all day) then you will know the difference between reality and fantasy. Meaning if little Johnny had a good upbringing he wouldn't go out on a GTA shooting spree just because " it looked cool" or he thought he wouldn't die. Another thing that helps prevent this is good parent-child interaction. Sure when you are a teenange you might think your parents are stupid, but it is much better if you still believe you can go to them when you need help or are confused about anything.
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

one could also argue that humanity is divided into two groups:
                          intelligent people who behave like decent human beings, and easily-influenced sacks of shit who should be sheltered, at all costs, away from any mental stimulation other than "this is food, this is where i poop, and this is where i sleep".
                          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

The amount someone can be influenced, in my personal opinion, alters from person to person. Someone with a high threshold could play Postal and GTA all day and would never even pick up a gun to shoot at a squirrel.

While others could probably be egged on to do something.

I personally don't think a child should be sheltered. They should at least be aware of the evils of the world, because when they grow up...they will encounter it. And if they don't know what to expect, it'll be a punch in the gut.

For example, one Born Again Christian that I worked with had never heard of Led Zeppelin. But once he's out of the house, assuming the kid goes to college, he's smart after all, he's gonna get that punch in the gut.
                            Ну вот...

Comment

Lev Zeppelin!!!!!!!
                              Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X