Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL Season 5 starting!

New TSL Season 5 starting

We're excited to announce a new season of TSL, with several alterations made by popular demand.

The season will run from October 9th till November 25th. This means it's a bit shorter than normal, with ~ 7 weeks of playing time.

As always, at the end of the season, the best 10 from each of the 3 ladders will receive an All-Star medal for their achievement.

Season Details:
    • No tiers or value-based kills. Tiers + value-based kills might work if rating was an exact measure of skill, but as it stands it's just too arbitrary. If more than 2 arenas are playing, all teams across all arenas will be balanced among one another as evenly as possible, except in the case where team sizes are different.
    • Only your top 5 games will count towards qualifying for top 10. In the past it's been as high as 20. This meant playing the largest number of games was prioritized over playing well. Some excellent players did not meet their 20 games and so had no reasonable chance to qualify. Counting top 5 is based on playing roughly 20% of the 26 games in each league that will be offered this season (or 40% of the games offered for NA or Euros, if like most people, you can only make one time slot).
    • No finals. We've all come to realize that finals don't make sense with the TSL format. It's about the games you play to reach your final value, not about which team you randomly get matched with in finals.
    • A lighter schedule. Overplaying TSL in the past lead to burnout and reduced interest. This season will keep things interesting and competitive with a significantly lighter schedule. There will also be no bonus games offered this season, so some players won't be given advantage by happening to play on a day when a host has time to host more games.
    • New anti-spam regulations. TW leagues have been the target of extremely petty individuals spamming to try to gain advantage. If you are the target of spammers during TSL this season, please take 5+ successive screenshots with the chat fully exposed (the more the better). Submit the screenshots within 1 hour of the last game of the day ending (the faster, the better) on TSL forums or in a link inside a ?help call (which attaches a timestamp). Those who are found guilty of this form of cheating will be immediately disqualified from TSL, ineligible from playing in the next TW league, and will receive a significant netban.

Schedule

Thursdays

3:30 PM EST TSLD
    4:00 PM EST TSLJ
    4:30 PM EST TSLB

8:30 PM EST TSLD
    9:00 PM EST TSLJ
    9:30 PM EST TSLB

Sundays

3:00 PM EST TSLD
    3:30 PM EST TSLD

4:00 PM EST TSLJ
    4:30 PM EST TSLJ

5:00 PM EST TSLB
    5:30 PM EST TSLB

What is TSL?

TSL is semi-automated league where players enter ?go TSL for matchmaking via TSLBot.

TSLBot will automatically assign best possible teams out of the players that have signed up, after 10 minutes.

All players have ratings that update automatically during the season based on your performance.

Your top 5 scores in each division will count toward your overall score. The top 10 players at the end of the league on November 20th will be crowned TSL All-Stars.
    Last edited by Henry Saari; 11-18-2018, 10:25 AM.

After a little work on the bot, unfortunately the math behind not tiering slightly when you're playing teams of two different sizes is a bit of a pain.

So in the case of playing one arena of 5s and one of 4s, the 5s game is going to be higher-tier than the 4s. We could prevent this by only allowing games of the same # of players to be played, which would make things on the whole more fair, but also would mean it's harder to get games together.

Aside from that, all the changes should be in as planned.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Kewl.. glad to hear TSL will be happening. It will be nice to have some fun with it Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thanks for effort henry and qan.. I'll be there as much as possible.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Needs adding to calendar. https://subspace-events.com/

Comment

There?s no Sunday or Saturday slot?

Just feels like a wasted opportunity to me, I understand there could be a league Sunday?s but we can plan around that. I don?t think weekdays are ideal for some as people work during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
            There?s no Sunday or Saturday slot?

Just feels like a wasted opportunity to me, I understand there could be a league Sunday?s but we can plan around that. I don?t think weekdays are ideal for some as people work during the week.
            Going to adjust schedule, starting next week we'll do TSL Thursdays and Sundays instead of Tuesdays and Thursdays. This week schedule remains as is. Sunday TSL will start on October 28th and we will play 2x every game type starting 3:00PM EST -->

Comment

Reminder: schedule has changed, see OP
              Don't show up on Tuesday.
              Do show up on Thursday and Sunday.

Comment

lol.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Euros remember Day Light Saving time ending and having an effect on starting times of TSL.

Comment

Reminder: See OP for schedule.
                    Don't show up on Tuesday.
                    Do show up on Thursday and Sunday.

Comment

On the player page the website is drawing a line under row 3 for basing multi-ship but it's actually counting the top 5.
                      Example: http://trenchwars.org/tsl/index.php?...layer&id=97173

Comment

Extending season to end on 25th November. Current end date makes no sense after changing schedule.

Comment

Working...
                        X