Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IMPORTANT] Staff response required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    More abuse being done right now by Major <ER>.....

    7:TSLBot> 'glyde' blocked from next TSL game by Major <ER>

    7:TSLBot> 'gass' blocked from next TSL game by Major <ER>

    1:Jessup> why was gass blocked by you Major?

    Gass> i get blocked
    Gass> for no reason

    Major Cris> No reason? All you do is shoot walls in ear..

    1:Jessup> major
    1:Jessup> u cant block people for no reason and he just did Again for 6th time

    1:Major <ER>> I had a reason for both u stupid tranny

    Claims he blocked gass because he shoots walls and why glyde i have no clue. This guy needs to be fired from staff now..............
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Jessup View Post
      More abuse being done right now by Major <ER>.....

      7:TSLBot> 'glyde' blocked from next TSL game by Major <ER>

      7:TSLBot> 'gass' blocked from next TSL game by Major <ER>

      1:Jessup> why was gass blocked by you Major?

      Gass> i get blocked
      Gass> for no reason

      Major Cris> No reason? All you do is shoot walls in ear..

      1:Jessup> major
      1:Jessup> u cant block people for no reason and he just did Again for 6th time

      1:Major <ER>> I had a reason for both u stupid tranny

      Claims he blocked gass because he shoots walls and why glyde i have no clue. This guy needs to be fired from staff now..............
      Keep on going. Gass is obviously trolling. He can do decent but is just floating half the time. He is ruining every base game he has played. Just like you ruin every jav game u play.
      Glyde was blocked cuz yet again he leaves without a word before the game finished. He was also trolling mid game with his mines.
      Major Crisis

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
        Keep on going. Gass is obviously trolling. He can do decent but is just floating half the time. He is ruining every base game he has played. Just like you ruin every jav game u play.
        Glyde was blocked cuz yet again he leaves without a word before the game finished. He was also trolling mid game with his mines.
        Dont lie I didn't troll at all that game. I placed a mine in cram when we where getting pushed back by spiders to stop them and it worked. Then we broke cram. I did leave with 1 min left my bad. It's ok you abuse it's fine just settle down a bit ok.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Turban View Post
          While you are technically correct about the fact that there are lag limits set in place to prevent players from playing with too high lag information, those limits have been purely set for the sake of automation to prevent players from manipulating and inducing lag to their advantage when no staff members are available to moderate the game. These limits were never meant to be blindly followed by anyone and likely need to be made slightly stricter again.

          When a player has severe lag issues—whether it is caused by abnormally high packet loss or visual spikes—and that lag has a negative impact on the game, and thus negatively affecting other players, then it is the responsibility of staff members to handle the case as swiftly as possible. You can not rely on the bots to handle everything for you, but rather you should use all the tools in your disposal to make the correct call.
          According to this, in theory, the following is possible:

          I watch a player named turban having visual spikes and according to my screen he eats more than he should. Therefore I have enough evidence to block/ban this player based on that evidence (or the lack of any) simply because I have the power to do so. His lag statistics are always below the limits and he has obviously created this lag to cheat in game and created the lag in such manner that Matchbots or any automation finds no trace of this but I have used by best judgement by watching and playing with or against this player. Later on I will be facing forum threads of blocking a player which I can simply explain by noticing something that none of the other staff in the zone has, neither do I need to ban the player from the zone, simple league ban is enough. Although according to the rules of Trench Wars, any lag inducers are to face much heavier consequences (zone ban for x amount of time) than just being blocked out by certain hosts (mainly Major) from a amateur league that is supposed to be free for all.

          If this player is to be banned for lag cheating, then the league head should state so along with evidence. That evidence should be enough, if there really is any, to have more severe consequences on the player.

          There is much simpler solution than just abusing powers to ban whoever and whenever. Drop lag limits to 220ms maximum and 0.5 packetloss, this effectively removes about 10-20 players from our leagues, mainly aussies and other countries out there far away. We can cut down the amount of laggers and end up having less players. However then these actions are covered by rules of the zone/league rather than being based on host discretion or something else which raises questions more than solves them.

          Comment


          • #35
            I do not know what rules are used in these competitions, nor do I really care, but here is the rules we used in the past TWL seasons in regards to players with latency issues. In the end it comes down to using common sense which, much to my surprise, is something many seem to lack.

            For players such as Yeh he would fall under category 10.04 and would likely not be able to play in most games in TWL. However, TSL and TWDT are not as competitive and more laid-back, and have their own set of rules that may not be as specific as what we used in the past.

            Excessive lag is bad for the game no matter how you look at it—you essentially allow one player to ruin the experience for up to 15 other players.

            10. Player Conduct Rules


            During any TWL event, all Trench Wars and TWL Rules must be followed. Players and attendees must respect any and all Referees and League Operators. Failure to comply can result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense.

            Deliberate attempts to disrupt game play, including harassment or excessive messaging, can result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense. Proof of the harassment must be provided to the Referee or League Operators within 5 minutes of the completion of the match, by method of a screenshot. For further validity, the spammer must be reported to staff via ?cheater. Falsely reporting abuse can also result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense.

            10.01 Multiple Squad Membership

            Assistant captains are considered players on the squad, and not as co-captains for purposes of cheating. Multiple squad membership, or double-squadding, is defined as one of the following cases:

            A player that is rostered on two different participating squads of Trench Wars League.
            A player that is rostered in a participating Trench Wars League squad and a different Trench Wars Division squad even if the squads play in different league divisions.
            A player that is rostered more than one time on the same Trench Wars League squad.
            A player that is rostered in a Trench Wars League squad using another player's name to play in a League Match.

            Instances of double-squadding will not be tolerated. If a player has someone else who uses their computer for TWL (i.e. a sibling), those players are expected to notify the Trench Wars League staff at least 5 days before participating in any League matches. Double-squadding is a Class 2 Player Offense and a Class 1 Team Offense.

            A captain can not share his name with a banned captain in order to bypass the banned captain rule so that he can accept, promote, demote, or axe the squad's members. This can be up to a Class 3 player offense and a Class 2 team offense.

            10.02 Cheating, Lag, and Bans

            Any Player found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play during a TWL match will result in up to a Class 3 Player Offense and Class 1B Team Offense.

            10.03 Deliberate Lag

            If a participating player is, in the view of the referee or TWL Op, excessively jittery, blinking in and out, or otherwise showing signs of lagging that might be the result of an attempt to cheat, the player will be immediately reported to the upper staff. If discovery by upper staff reveals that player deliberately induced lag, he/she can face up to a Class 3 Player Offense and Class 1 Team Offense.

            10.04 Uncontrollable Lag

            If a participating player's lag is, in the view of the referee or TWL Operator, creating an unfair advantage for his squad, and he is not suspected of cheating or manipulation of lag, then the player will be asked to reconnect or be substituted. If the player fails to comply within a reasonable amount of time, the referee or TWL Operator can lock the player in spec until they reconnect or are substituted. If a reconnect does not fix the player's lag, a referee or TWL Operator can tell him and/or his captain to substitute him. TWL lag limits will not be given out, to discourage people of lag cheating. Captains will be notified when a player is over the lag limits.

            10.05 Banfree's

            A player cannot be banfree'd in order to play TWL unless they have won an appeal from the BanG Op and the ban has been completely removed. No exceptions.
            Last edited by Turban; 10-27-2017, 10:29 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Please address all lag related inquires to Turban our Lag Quality Assurance Officer.
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

              1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

              Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

              Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

              Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by turban
                10. Player Conduct Rules

                During any TWL event, all Trench Wars and TWL Rules must be followed. Players and attendees must respect any and all Referees and League Operators. Failure to comply can result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense.

                Deliberate attempts to disrupt game play, including harassment or excessive messaging, can result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense. Proof of the harassment must be provided to the Referee or League Operators within 5 minutes of the completion of the match, by method of a screenshot. For further validity, the spammer must be reported to staff via ?cheater. Falsely reporting abuse can also result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense.

                10.01 Multiple Squad Membership

                Assistant captains are considered players on the squad, and not as co-captains for purposes of cheating. Multiple squad membership, or double-squadding, is defined as one of the following cases:

                A player that is rostered on two different participating squads of Trench Wars League.
                A player that is rostered in a participating Trench Wars League squad and a different Trench Wars Division squad even if the squads play in different league divisions.
                A player that is rostered more than one time on the same Trench Wars League squad.
                A player that is rostered in a Trench Wars League squad using another player's name to play in a League Match.

                Instances of double-squadding will not be tolerated. If a player has someone else who uses their computer for TWL (i.e. a sibling), those players are expected to notify the Trench Wars League staff at least 5 days before participating in any League matches. Double-squadding is a Class 2 Player Offense and a Class 1 Team Offense.

                A captain can not share his name with a banned captain in order to bypass the banned captain rule so that he can accept, promote, demote, or axe the squad's members. This can be up to a Class 3 player offense and a Class 2 team offense.
                can I be ?squadjoined on different squads during different weeks in tsl?

                eg. week 1 my squad is Sweet. week 2 my squad is tsl champ WHILE i am using an alias in pub squadjoined to Sweet.
                Originally posted by jerome
                can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

                Comment


                • #38
                  According to the rules Turban posted, Major <ER> had to " immediately report to the upper staff"- like to our Dean of Staff or whoever highest is online, who would then decide further action. Nothing whatsoever in those rules supports the ER blocking a player by default if the ER thought he lagged in one/some games.
                  Last edited by skyforger; 10-27-2017, 01:06 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by skyforger View Post
                    According to the rules Turban posted, Major <ER> had to " immediately report to the upper staff"- like to our Dean of Staff or whoever highest is online, who would then decide further action. Nothing whatsoever in those rules supports the ER blocking a player by default if the ER thought he lagged in one/some games.

                    This 'ER' you speak of has more staff experience than 95% of the current staffers.
                    Major Crisis

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      whats your point? ur above the rules like oggie now?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                        This 'ER' you speak of has more staff experience than 95% of the current staffers.



                        Is this a joke?
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I never lowered Zidane's rating, this is a 100% lie.

                          I set his basing CAPTAINING rating to 0 for a week because he raged and troll switched/changed his entire team in basing, so it wouldn't (C) him.

                          I also detailed this move here awhile back: http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread.php?46701-Zidane-Basing-captaincy-removed-for-a-week

                          I initially asked Qan for the lowest rated players to get benched, but when it happens it dramatically increases your odds of starting the next game in the same league. So lower rated players would bench more, but it wouldn't be often and higher rated players would sit as well. My second proposal was just scaled % odds for everyone, with everyone sitting but in slightly different proportion to rating.

                          Instead, the algorithm simply benched the worst players in Season 1. This was not what I had in mind, and was changed months ago, and all this ground has already been covered.

                          The lowest rating is not supposed to be 40. The DEFAULT rating for players that haven't been rated is 40. Players who perform extremely poorly (like Hellrazor) are rated below that. This wasn't really an issue in jav/wb, but it's problematic in base when 23 people sign up and only 16 can play.

                          The !backfill command also helps alleviate this problem. And many veterans use it to help others. I've personally sat out dozens of games each season to let others play, even before the command existed.

                          I always have, and still do, favor better players playing more when stuck with a Sophie's Choice, for the simple reason that if an elite player in competition for an All-Star spot shows up for 30 games, he needs to be in the majority of those games in order to qualify. Lower rated players can improve and bench less. It's worth noting that Jessup played something like 70 games in base or something last season even with this issue, and has improved a bit, and his rating has risen in accordance.

                          I also provided Qan with a Rating algorithm to automatically rate players in warbird and javelin based on their TSL performances. It was never coded in.

                          Half the zone last season had their pitchforks out demanding that Jessup, Hellrazor, and Chrona be permanently banned for TSL, including Jessup Jr. (aka Skyforger), so I find it ironic he's suddenly up in arms about it.

                          Most of these claims are either lies, half-truths, or old news.
                          Last edited by Claushouse; 10-27-2017, 06:07 PM.
                          S18 TWLB Champ
                          S19 TWLB Runner-Up
                          S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
                          S21 TWLB Runner-Up
                          S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
                          S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
                          S12 TWDT-B Champ
                          S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
                          S14 TWDT-B Champ
                          S16 TWDT-B Runner-Up

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            i said you lowered jessup to 0 so he'd get benched in base, you openly talked about it. where did I say you lowered my base rating lol.. ?

                            i've got more examples but i don't want you to have a nervous breakdown

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              the fuck you are playing dumb for. no one accused you of lowering zidanes rating but jessup's and glyde's for example. are you saying you didn't? i know you won't answer directly on point if it's possible for qan etc to check that this is true and only tip of the iceberg. fucking loser cant even abuse properly after years of practice.

                              also wtf u talkin about jessup jr and banning Jessup, Hellrazor, and Chrona. make up ur mind which one is it and provide quotes or stfu cartman
                              Last edited by skyforger; 10-27-2017, 06:33 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I lowered his rating based on his performances and community feedback on his play in base, as I did with every other player in the zone. If more than 16 players signed up for base, this increases his odds of being benched. Tons of terrible players shared low ratings below 40. The algorithm not being made to my specs was the real cause of the problem, not the ratings.

                                Players were threatening to quit TSL if they had to play with Jessup or Hellrazor. Them being benched was praised by most basers, including you and Skyforger.

                                I actually artificially inflated Jessup's rating in Season 1 when it was benching him too many times in a row at one point.
                                S18 TWLB Champ
                                S19 TWLB Runner-Up
                                S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
                                S21 TWLB Runner-Up
                                S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
                                S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
                                S12 TWDT-B Champ
                                S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
                                S14 TWDT-B Champ
                                S16 TWDT-B Runner-Up

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X