Major Minor Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Minor Scale

I'd like to know how big you think some of the changes are ... maybe using a simple scale from 1-5, 5 being a major change, 1 being a minor change:
    I'm thinking perhaps this can be used to help the modsdecide exactly how many changes should be implemented for TWLB ... perhaps along the lines of if we are going to make big changes, then restrict it to 1 major change (4, 5 scale maybe) ... and maybe only 2 minor changes (1, 2 scale maybe) or perhaps ... a lot of minor changes ... etc ... just a tool to see if it helps the mods decide what's best to do (partially also just bc I don't fully trust the voting system).

This is my opinion:

4 spid max: 4
    pt race: 3
    fix dmg: 2
    changing # of subs, switch, scs: 1

4 spider max: 4
    Point race: 3
    Fixed damage: 2
    No. of subs/switches: 1
    sdg

Comment

point race - 4
      spider limit - 3

Those are only 2 i'll name, but i think point race is major bc its changin a huge thing in basing. The spider limit will basicaly be the same as basing was 2 years ago.
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

i'm pretty sure almost everyone will prioritize them in the same order.

Comment

A maximum of 4 spiders: 5
          This seems to be a good way to force people to use more than three shiptypes.
          It has no real affect on the cram, when you adjust to having one jav you even get a stronger cram.

Pointrace: 4
          Having a pointrace practicly means that you have to hold the flag till the end (only a few k under target). So the lesser squads wont have to play out the whole time, they just have to keep attacking to get over with the game as quick as possible.

Pointrace + winBy: 4
          For the sake of squads that are more equal to eachother there should be a winBy. (IE: Pointrace to 80, 10k difference needed to win. To prevent the game from dragging on for ages it should either end after 30 minutes or by 100k)

Fixed damage: 1
          Playing with fixed damage doesn't seem to make much difference.

Change the number of subs, switches and changes: 3
          That really depends on whatfor you change these limits and by how much.
          Giving too many changes allows people to use them to act on happenings (getting a jav when you take flagroom). Changes being printed in public removes the surprise part of this tactic, but do people like changes to be used like this? Note that there is a difference between changing tactics because one isn't working, and switching ships to take advantage of a situation.
          I think switches and subs could be as good as unlimited, they don't change the game much. Maybe there should be a penalty time for subs (and changes) , so subs aren't taken lightly. (IE: you sub one player out and the person that enters has to wait 10 seconds to enter the game)

Changing/adjusting map: -5/5
          Generally all you need is a flag and two teams, and you have a game. Still we are talking about basing, and the base has a strong influence on the basing experience. Some changes can imbalance the basing as it is now and screw the settings as they are.
          Then again, that doesn't mean you always get a lesser game,as a possible scenario you could have too much space, and you would have to adjust settings by introducing stronger bombs or an extra player.
          If the mayority really gets fed up with the current base and lose interest, you might have to change things to get people back interested. I wonder if this is the case, the current base looks fine to me.

A new lancaster: 5
          People seem not to like it because when you start playing the game you learn the lancaster is a lame ship, but isn't it nice to have some other ships that could be used as much as the spider without losing strenght.
          Last edited by Zerzera; 03-08-2004, 01:25 PM.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

point race 4
            ship changes/subs etc. 4
            4 spiders limit 4
            fixed dmg 3

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
            Asia Minor> maybe not
            Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
            bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
            bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
            bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
            bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

AHAH - Spider max - 5 (dont change it)
              Subs - 2 (In base, who cares doesnt matter, in lj in ld should stay 2)
              Point Race - 3 (doesnt really mattey THAT much cuz one team is usaully better than the other)
              Fixed Damage - 2 in base...5 in twlj (twjd) (base spiders u cant rly tell because if u hit another spider 3 times he will die simple) (in jav its a lil more complicated cuz it can help you a lot or make your life a pain...more than random damage)
              lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
              1:sleuth> sup
              1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
              1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
              1:sleuth> ?
              1:revolt> rofl
              1:revolt> ur so bad
              1:Golden_Aim> LOL
              1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
              1:sleuth> i dont get it
              1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

I thought you had to put them in order.
                sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                  [B
                  Fixed damage:[/B] 1
                  Playing with fixed damage doesn't seem to make much difference.
                  Imo sharking got a lot harder when fixed damage was introduced. It's a good improvement though.
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

4 spider max: 5
                    Point race: 4
                    Fixed damage: 2
                    No. of subs/switches: 1
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                      Imo sharking got a lot harder when fixed damage was introduced. It's a good improvement though.
                      In my case I find that it got a lot easier. I know when I can take a bullet and not be surprised by some 1000 damage shocker.
                      sdg

Comment

Working...
                      X