Next TWL season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next TWL season?

With the influx of older players coming back and a lot of people still lurking around the forums I think this needs to be brought up sooner rather than later. I just have a few questions for you guys.

Would you guys be interested in bring back TWL for another season? If so, would you guys like just TWLD/TWLJ or should we bring back TWLB as well?

Who would you like to see running this league? Who would make good TWL ops?
    What kind of schedule would work for this? Keep it similar to the old TWL schedule where squads can pick when to play or regulate it like TWDT has now?
    Roster limit sizes?
    Res limits for TWLD?
    TWL rule changes?

I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting right now and plenty more to add to this but I'd like to see how you guys feel about this.
    3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

I would play base, I can play wb too if wanted but I don't really add much to wb. Res limits imo would be nice but I am one of the only people to not have changed to higher res. If it were to run it would need to be some sort of shortened version I think. I would rather have less Sundays I need to be on this game and play 2 games on that Sunday than have to log on every Sunday for 1 game. I don't care about roster limits.
    TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
    (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
    PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
    AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

Originally posted by Spezza View Post
      I would play base, I can play wb too if wanted but I don't really add much to wb. Res limits imo would be nice but I am one of the only people to not have changed to higher res. If it were to run it would need to be some sort of shortened version I think. I would rather have less Sundays I need to be on this game and play 2 games on that Sunday than have to log on every Sunday for 1 game. I don't care about roster limits.
      would def play wb too but without res limits its a big no
      WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

Originally posted by Undercut View Post
        With the influx of older players coming back and a lot of people still lurking around the forums I think this needs to be brought up sooner rather than later. I just have a few questions for you guys.

Would you guys be interested in bring back TWL for another season? If so, would you guys like just TWLD/TWLJ or should we bring back TWLB as well?

Who would you like to see running this league? Who would make good TWL ops?
        What kind of schedule would work for this? Keep it similar to the old TWL schedule where squads can pick when to play or regulate it like TWDT has now?
        Roster limit sizes?
        Res limits for TWLD?
        TWL rule changes?

I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting right now and plenty more to add to this but I'd like to see how you guys feel about this.
        1. Want to play TWLB
        2. Anyone but ogron. Think Mythril (and Wirah) is exceptional at getting things done with TWDT. If they agree to take on another league it would be sick
        3. Not convinced hard roster limits is the only/best way to prevent stacking
        4. Don't care for res limits 5. TWL or whatever it will be called needs to be overhauled to be relevant to 2019 situation

Comment

Undercut, Ogron, Mythril, Turban for Ops, Res limit please for warbird 1200by1080 to sort the girls from the boys
          British> my 18th tomoz $$
          Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
            Undercut, Ogron, Mythril, Turban for Ops, Res limit please for warbird 1200by1080 to sort the girls from the boys
            I am down for basically everything you said except res (1980x1080 shud be max) and you forgot to add; lag limits. 150ms max to sort the bums from the chums.

Comment

deleted

Comment

I'm torn about the res issue.. it has been implemented so long in every league since TWL died out it is at the point it could really hurt accustomized skill levels. It should have never even been implemented in pub let alone leagues but it was and we have to live with it. I will say from a personal standpoint of view I bought a new monitor which is a wide screen. It does suck going down to the shrunken box on the 1280 x 1020 res. It uses like 1/2 my monitor and shrinks the ship down in the process which is terrible. The ship becomes mini wb almost and that a problem controling gameplay. 1920 x 1600 is what I use now and like it. If we must shrink down even more 1600 x 900 is the most doable res for those with wide screens. That is the only lower res that utilizes the entire screen. I think 1280 x 1020 is not compatible for many monitors these days.. The best we could do is 1600x900.. the 900 part cuts a lot out up and down and sort of sucks too. Hard call to make.. perhaps a vote / poll is in order for this
                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I would like to see all three leagues played with a roster cap around 15-20. If we had the same number signups as TWDT, that would equal roughly 10 teams.

Res limits are a red herring because higher res (beyond 1400ish) conveys no actual value in a high thrust zone like TW, only expansive/low thrust zones like EG and SVS. Anyone who knows this game knows this.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                  X