Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**POSSIBLE** changes to TWLB. Feedback required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

THIS.

make shrap dmg at 1100 that way it only punishes terrs that are over-bulleting and not just 1 shotting a FC terr
    99% of time shrap is predictable man. Is it other people their fault you dont watch bombs and mines getting repped? Its not like terrs get shrapped 100x a game, often 1-2 times.. Lets remove bursts too! They get random on every screen when repped!!! ;c

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

99% of time shrap is predictable man. Is it other people their fault you dont watch bombs and mines getting repped? Its not like terrs get shrapped 100x a game, often 1-2 times.. Lets remove bursts too! They get random on every screen when repped!!! ;c
      Should just remove reps...

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

if we're nerfing terr and getting rid of the random aspect of ports/bursts/port traps/double ports then yes, we have to balance it out by reducing shrap damage since sharks can green reps again
        3:BOMBED> got donuts
        3:BOMBED> how jealous
        3:Heaven> how american
        3:BOMBED> ??????????
        3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
        3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

only changes we are considering to add as permanent features after our rather extensive testing period are:

- terrier changes (60s burst, 120s portal)
          - rotation of shrapnel death statuses (0 > 3 > 0 > 3 ..), could potentially expand to 0 > 3 > 0 > 5 > 0 > 3.
          - javelin rocket removal (yes, it's a broken game mechanic when paired with repels)

In case people were not aware, we have already added repels and full charges back into the drop tables, but I suppose we could additionally consider allowing full charges to be picked up by terriers while disabling team greening feature.

Lower shrapnel damage is also a change worth considering, but would want to hear additional opinions regarding it and potential numbers etc. Burst damage could also be considered, but both changes would have their vocal minorities opposing them.

I would also like to experiment with a different base layout to enable more cram breaks by making it slightly harder to control, such as having a wider entrance with less cover to hide behind.

Comment

Having played terr a bit more I think terrs need to be able to self green bursts and ports.
            (I'm still OK with terrs not getting team greens)

I'm ok with shrap rotation, it's better than random.

I'm ok with jav rocket removal, it was laggy and shit.

^ I think these should be the final changes, and all base arenas must have identical settings.

I don't think lower shrap damage is going to help, terrs don't sit there with full energy, they should be using bullets to prevent themselves being on full nrg otherwise that's a fuckton of energy wasted.

I'm fine with trying map changes, but IMO this should wait until after TWL now.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
              only changes we are considering to add as permanent features after our rather extensive testing period are:

- terrier changes (60s burst, 120s portal)
              - rotation of shrapnel death statuses (0 > 3 > 0 > 3 ..), could potentially expand to 0 > 3 > 0 > 5 > 0 > 3.
              - javelin rocket removal (yes, it's a broken game mechanic when paired with repels)
              curious as to why guys are considering making the terr changes permanent? just from reading this thread there hasn't been one person FOR the changes? i believe ogron and mikkiz like the changes but afaik that's about it? confused as to how majority is losing here

Comment

Dont touch shrap. Bursts are already way too op, esp repped bursts with today's lag

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

curious as to why guys are considering making the terr changes permanent? just from reading this thread there hasn't been one person FOR the changes? i believe ogron and mikkiz like the changes but afaik that's about it? confused as to how majority is losing here
                  this is because it makes sense from a statistical point of view to make it fair for both teams.

let us start by stating that on average teams will eat 500 greens each in a 30 minute game, which is very close to the truth, and there is almost no variance between total greens eaten. assuming we would use old settings there would be several games where one of the terriers would have 40 to 50 bursts fired in a match where as the other one only got 15 to 20 despite green distribution being even split between the teams. there would also at times be situations where one of the terriers would get three to four bursts within 10 seconds and single-handedly win the flag room battle by sheer luck of the draw. no skill involved and hardly fair, sorry to break it down for you.

another alternative we thought of is having terriers get prized bursts and portals every X green eaten by the team to keep it consistent. this would encourage players to go out their way to pick greens up to empower their terrier for guaranteed returns. these values would be something along the lines of every 15 greens eaten for burst, and every 30 greens eaten for portal.

Comment

if youre not going to nerf burst damage, dont nerf shrap damage.

Also, bring back 5 shrap... limiting to only 3 shrap is dumb
                    Big Chill

Comment

i tried the changes for the past month and i firmly stand by my opinion that i'd 100% rather play with old settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post

this is because it makes sense from a statistical point of view to make it fair for both teams.

let us start by stating that on average teams will eat 500 greens each in a 30 minute game, which is very close to the truth, and there is almost no variance between total greens eaten. assuming we would use old settings there would be several games where one of the terriers would have 40 to 50 bursts fired in a match where as the other one only got 15 to 20 despite green distribution being even split between the teams. there would also at times be situations where one of the terriers would get three to four bursts within 10 seconds and single-handedly win the flag room battle by sheer luck of the draw. no skill involved and hardly fair, sorry to break it down for you.

another alternative we thought of is having terriers get prized bursts and portals every X green eaten by the team to keep it consistent. this would encourage players to go out their way to pick greens up to empower their terrier for guaranteed returns. these values would be something along the lines of every 15 greens eaten for burst, and every 30 greens eaten for portal.
                        I thought you wanted opinions in this thread and then decide what to do, based on the results. What's the point of asking for feedback if you're going to implement the changes anyway?
                        - appy

Comment

Originally posted by Aprix View Post

I thought you wanted opinions in this thread and then decide what to do, based on the results. What's the point of asking for feedback if you're going to implement the changes anyway?
                          This is due to the fact that there has not been a single player who has yet to give proper feedback for Terrier changes to revert back to their old state. All responses wishing for the changes to revert are based on emotion rather than logic. Terrier in its old form was far from being balanced and many of the games were won or lost by sheer luck.

However what we could do is opt into greening variant, to keep it consistent and encourage teams actively pick up greens to empower their terrier. Guaranteed returns seems like the best solution to me as it brings another layer of team work and depth to the game. We want to get rid of these moments where terriers would sometimes get several bursts in a row from the equation.

Shrapnel and Burst damage will not be adjusted and we are adding a 5-shrapnel pattern to every fourth death as it would be very close to what you used to get back with old settings spawning you with random # of shrapnel.

Poseidon was suggesting lowering required attach costs to enable ships to reattach during flag room fights to make it easier to avoid incoming shrapnel or burst. Its something maybe worth considering after this season.
                          Last edited by Turban; 03-13-2019, 04:29 AM.

Comment

As a quick update to the community, very soon (likely tomorrow) there will be some changes to Terrier.

Instead of getting prized every bursts and portals every 60 and 120 seconds respectively, Terriers will instead get prized bursts and portals every 15 and 30 green eaten by their team. These numbers are very close to the old drop rates. This promotes teams to actively pick up greens to empower their terrier for guaranteed returns and brings back the greening aspect of basing which was a minor complaint brought up by some players. We hope to add a counter for this at some point in the future.

Sharks will also be receiving a 5-shrapnel pattern every 4th death.
                            Last edited by Turban; 03-13-2019, 05:10 AM.

Comment

are twbd and go base going to be kept at old settings?

Comment

All base arenas need to have identical settings, the worst thing about all this is the inconsistency.

Comment

Working...
                                X