Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL Season 22 is here! Here's what you need to know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious. was told by beam and ogron that there is no reset to the ladder this season and the current one will be used to qualify and determine who can play. Any truth to this? Hope not.

How does qualification process take place. Official posting is needed in that regards asap.. or did I miss it and if so where is it because I have not seen this.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

You have been trolled yet again.

TWD ladder is going to be reset in the coming days, but that is more so to clean up inactive squads from the ladder and give a fresh start. However we are not going to have a standard TWD qualification period per se. Instead squads apply to the leagues they wish to participate and we will try to keep it all organized on the forums. We will naturally decline the obvious troll applications.

Comment

Love the season length and extended playoffs- makes total sense and zones which have long seasons have survived best.

Just to confirm- if a squad decides they want to compete in all 3 leagues and ditch the double squadding stuff is their roster capped at 13?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Same MHz. I will say, it would be better to give the best squads a BYE week for week 1 and again before Finals. More weeks of TWL is a good thing imo. This won't be anything like S21, we have good people running it this time around and because of that, more TWL please!

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
            Love the season length and extended playoffs- makes total sense and zones which have long seasons have survived best.

Just to confirm- if a squad decides they want to compete in all 3 leagues and ditch the double squadding stuff is their roster capped at 13?
            No.

Let us use Spastic as an example. They currently have 29 players on their TWD roster and would want to participate in all three leagues. They can allocate 13 of these players to play in TWLD and TWLJ and can also select 13 players to participate in TWLB. They could allocate their roster something like this:

Players highlighted with light green are assigned to both rosters and can participate in all three leagues.
            Players highlighted with light red can only participate in TWLB and can opt into joining another squad for dueling leagues.
            Players highlighted with light yellow can only participate in the dueling leagues, and can opt into joining a TWLB squad.
            Players without any color are not on either roster.
            Last edited by Turban; 02-21-2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Hi, I understand that the majority of players are from the United States as it looks in this game right now.
              But is there any possibility that you can think of starting the TWL matches somewhat earlier than planned considering us Europeans? as it looks now, TWLB will start at 11:00 pm and 11:45 pm. just one thought you might be able to take to your discussions. peace / snoop
              10* Spectator
              Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
              https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
              Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

Please actually display the results in bracket format.
                E.g. https://challonge.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPiE View Post
                  Hi, I understand that the majority of players are from the United States as it looks in this game right now.
                  But is there any possibility that you can think of starting the TWL matches somewhat earlier than planned considering us Europeans? as it looks now, TWLB will start at 11:00 pm and 11:45 pm. just one thought you might be able to take to your discussions. peace / snoop
                  Seconded. As is 2nd base game starts at 00:45 AM in Finland which is a large TW country. At the very least allow squads to schedule independently/switch the order of d/j/b up.

Comment

Couple of suggestions I have that pertain to twdd and twjd respectively; 1. make games time based instead of elimination based. Most eSports today follow this formula and there is good reason, it creates an environment that places heavy emphasis on teamwork to obtain victory. As it stands, we are playing TDM or team elimination in these arena's. Remember how boring basing was until it became timed? The same thing will happen here.

Changing this sounds extreme but the games would be far more intense, the days of a team 1v4 with the last person running around the map constantly for 10 minutes creating a boring game would be gone. It would be a constant battle from start to finish, there would always be 6-10 players in game. Managing deaths will still be a vital aspect to the game even if they don't force players out.Good players will still be good, bad will still be bad. Subs will still be needed if someone is tanking but at least the intensity of the game would remain high from start to finish no matter how bad someone plays.

I was thinking rounds would last 5 minutes with 2 minutes to arrange line-ups during pre-game, teams can add an additional 2 minutes each if needed just like we have it now and games would last anywhere from 14-30 minutes Tops! depending on whether or not they were 2 rounds or 3, with or without time extensions. This also gives players the opportunity to correctly manage their game time since it will consistently run that amount of time per match where as it is now it's a tossup being that some games take 10-15mins and others up to 1 hour. It would create a more streamlined experience.

5 minutes may end up being too short, testing would be needed but the goal is to have average teams net anywhere from 50-80 pts in that time.

Oh and if teams end up tied at the end of the round, i'd suggest giving both teams 1-1 for the game, moving on to round 2 unless it was round 2, the team that won round 1 wins. If the second round nets into another tie, give both teams 2 mins to arrange lines and when they are ready the game would effectively start again with 5 mins. If it goes into a 3rd overtime, give teams 2 mins to pick 1 player from their team to play for them in a sudden death elimination. Once each player is picked, the clock starts with 20 mins (similar to unlimited) and the first one to kill their opponent wins the game for their team. If by some freak chance, more likely abuse from players, the timer runs out, give both teams a fat LOSS. lol.. No subs or lagouts allowed with 1 player overtime eliminations either, if they someone lags out, the game ends and their team loses, so they'd need to chose carefully.

2. Allow us to borrow 3-4 in twdd/twjd. I was thinking about it the other day, 3v3 gameplay is godawful, just nasty putrid stuff. Unfortunately with the borrowing system in place, this is super common now. What is the difference if I field my self and two non squadmates over myself and three non squadmates? Next to none except more people got played. The quality of the games played is increased. And generally everyone is happier. Please along with changing the format on obtaining victory in twdd/twjd, consider allowing more borrows for those arena's. With your help, the days of 3v3 can die in a dumpster fire. What I am asking? It's ridiculous I know but borrowing 2 is ridiculous too fam, we are already tainted here, whats 1-2 more going to do? Better games, more happy folks playing.

-Ixa

-TLDR v1.0.
                    make twdd/twjd time based with 5 min rounds (testing would be needed to get the sweet spot) goal is something like 50-80 points for an average team.
                    overtime gives each team 1-1, if it goes overtime in round 2, team that won round 1 wins the game.
                    if it goes into double overtime, teams pick 1 player to play in sudden death elimination. first player to kill the other wins the game for their team.
                    allow us to borrow 3-4 in twdd/twjd to create better quality games and to have more people playing

Comment

Interesting idea. Wouldn't it just result in the weakest team member being hunted for 5 minutes (to maximise score) rather than for the time it takes to kill them 10 times? So it's good for them that they play for longer, but bad for them because they get picked on?

Comment

Interesting idea worth testing out in wbduel to start!

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post
                          Couple of suggestions I have that pertain to twdd and twjd respectively; 1. make games time based instead of elimination based. Most eSports today follow this formula and there is good reason, it creates an environment that places heavy emphasis on teamwork to obtain victory. As it stands, we are playing TDM or team elimination in these arena's. Remember how boring basing was until it became timed? The same thing will happen here.

Changing this sounds extreme but the games would be far more intense, the days of a team 1v4 with the last person running around the map constantly for 10 minutes creating a boring game would be gone. It would be a constant battle from start to finish, there would always be 6-10 players in game. Managing deaths will still be a vital aspect to the game even if they don't force players out.Good players will still be good, bad will still be bad. Subs will still be needed if someone is tanking but at least the intensity of the game would remain high from start to finish no matter how bad someone plays.

I was thinking rounds would last 5 minutes with 2 minutes to arrange line-ups during pre-game, teams can add an additional 2 minutes each if needed just like we have it now and games would last anywhere from 14-30 minutes Tops! depending on whether or not they were 2 rounds or 3, with or without time extensions. This also gives players the opportunity to correctly manage their game time since it will consistently run that amount of time per match where as it is now it's a tossup being that some games take 10-15mins and others up to 1 hour. It would create a more streamlined experience.

5 minutes may end up being too short, testing would be needed but the goal is to have average teams net anywhere from 50-80 pts in that time.

Oh and if teams end up tied at the end of the round, i'd suggest giving both teams 1-1 for the game, moving on to round 2 unless it was round 2, the team that won round 1 wins. If the second round nets into another tie, give both teams 2 mins to arrange lines and when they are ready the game would effectively start again with 5 mins. If it goes into a 3rd overtime, give teams 2 mins to pick 1 player from their team to play for them in a sudden death elimination. Once each player is picked, the clock starts with 20 mins (similar to unlimited) and the first one to kill their opponent wins the game for their team. If by some freak chance, more likely abuse from players, the timer runs out, give both teams a fat LOSS. lol.. No subs or lagouts allowed with 1 player overtime eliminations either, if they someone lags out, the game ends and their team loses, so they'd need to chose carefully.

2. Allow us to borrow 3-4 in twdd/twjd. I was thinking about it the other day, 3v3 gameplay is godawful, just nasty putrid stuff. Unfortunately with the borrowing system in place, this is super common now. What is the difference if I field my self and two non squadmates over myself and three non squadmates? Next to none except more people got played. The quality of the games played is increased. And generally everyone is happier. Please along with changing the format on obtaining victory in twdd/twjd, consider allowing more borrows for those arena's. With your help, the days of 3v3 can die in a dumpster fire. What I am asking? It's ridiculous I know but borrowing 2 is ridiculous too fam, we are already tainted here, whats 1-2 more going to do? Better games, more happy folks playing.

-Ixa

-TLDR v1.0.
                          make twdd/twjd time based with 5 min rounds (testing would be needed to get the sweet spot) goal is something like 50-80 points for an average team.
                          overtime gives each team 1-1, if it goes overtime in round 2, team that won round 1 wins the game.
                          if it goes into double overtime, teams pick 1 player to play in sudden death elimination. first player to kill the other wins the game for their team.
                          allow us to borrow 3-4 in twdd/twjd to create better quality games and to have more people playing
                          bit off topic for a twl thread, no?

anyway, i don't really like the idea of a 5 min killrace. the better players will try to hunt the weaker ones. whichever team has most of those probably loses. it's really too quick and random.. at least now (esp. in twdt) if you lose your weak player(s) you still got a shot of winning. and in the end of a proper match it's great to see the better players duke it out.
                          and the 20 min sudden death idea is really weird... you'll get many abuse from bad players trying to run forever in that 1v1...

it can take 15 min before a good game gets turned in a team's favor, usually once a team starts losing a player (or have a few on 9 who are forced to play more defensively). there's also a huge skill in being able to clutch on your 9th death. there's also skill in a team that's good at hunting out the high deaths. in the closest matches, the team who gets the 5v4, 5v3 advantage usually ends up winning. especially in javs trying to get back from a 3v5 situation is difficult.

in just a 5 min killrace you lose all that...

and if it's faster games you want, as a team you're free to develop a Quicksand strategy... those games took 5 min tops vs whoever they played; sometimes big wins, sometimes big losses. it's a choice to play cautious, it's not a forced strategy. and if you can't hunt 1 player out with 4 within 10 min, sorry but that's not that 1 player's fault...

HOWEVER, if squads want a timelimit, i'd make it a bot-option, like with borrowing, addplayer etc., something like !10, proposes a 10 min time limit, both teams accept, then a 10 min timelimit is activated. (other options 15, 20 min perhaps?).

Comment

Are we allowed to double squad for basing league if it is considered separate?

Dohhh nevermind "
                            Players on a TWLB roster may opt into joining a different squad for dueling leagues."

Gotcha
                            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Just here to say hello.

help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                              help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Hello weak =)

Comment

Working...
                                X