Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL Season 22 is here! Here's what you need to know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turban View Post

No.

Let us use Spastic as an example. They currently have 29 players on their TWD roster and would want to participate in all three leagues. They can allocate 13 of these players to play in TWLD and TWLJ and can also select 13 players to participate in TWLB. They could allocate their roster something like this:

Players highlighted with light green are assigned to both rosters and can participate in all three leagues.
    Players highlighted with light red can only participate in TWLB and can opt into joining another squad for dueling leagues.
    Players highlighted with light yellow can only participate in the dueling leagues, and can opt into joining a TWLB squad.
    Players without any color are not on either roster.
    Err, not sure I like that. Different rosters within the same squad is going to get really messy. You'll have different TWD rosters, different TWLJ/TWLD rosters AND different TWLB rosters. On top of that you'll have basers and duelers double-squadding? Nobody is going to understand this. It's inelegant and stupid. It also erases the really appealing part of TWL which is: mixing with the same group of people and trying to forge chemistries across all 3 leagues with the skills you have available.

I feel like you're trying to shoe-horn people into playing a certain way, which never works, in order to solve the problem of stacking - which I'm not sure it really does? I would advise having a simple alternative for squads that just want a conventional 3 league squad with a uniform roster. Maybe a roster cap of 16-18?
    Last edited by MHz; 02-26-2019, 04:22 PM.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post

Err, not sure I like that. Different rosters within the same squad is going to get really messy. You'll have different TWD rosters, different TWLJ/TWLD rosters AND different TWLB rosters. On top of that you'll have basers and duelers double-squadding? Nobody is going to understand this. It's inelegant and stupid. It also erases the really appealing part of TWL which is: mixing with the same group of people and trying to forge chemistries across all 3 leagues with the skills you have available.

I feel like you're trying to shoe-horn people into playing a certain way, which never works, in order to solve the problem of stacking - which I'm not sure it really does? I would advise having a simple alternative for squads that just want a conventional 3 league squad with a uniform roster. Maybe a roster cap of 16-18?
      For three leagues cap at 20, for two leagues cap at 16.

For one league cap +4 higher than the play count required. So 5+4 = 9 and 8+4 = 12.

I make new squads all the time and given the numbers and activity of players in the zone these are good caps.

I'm also saying all one roster for each league though... so anyone can play or cross over. Except for 1 leaguers, obv no crossover there since they are just in 1 league.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

For three leagues cap at 20, for two leagues cap at 16.

For one league cap +4 higher than the play count required. So 5+4 = 9 and 8+4 = 12.

I make new squads all the time and given the numbers and activity of players in the zone these are good caps.

I'm also saying all one roster for each league though... so anyone can play or cross over. Except for 1 leaguers, obv no crossover there since they are just in 1 league.
        no offense, but your experience from other zones is irrelevant to what TWL needs as the team necessities will be different to the zone you came from.

You've referenced the fact you make new squads all the time in a few threads, but you haven't run TWD or TWL squads before. Not trying to bash you, but your experience in other zones is probably very different. Start up a TW squad in time your 'I make squads all the time' case will become more effective.
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post

no offense, but your experience from other zones is irrelevant to what TWL needs as the team necessities will be different to the zone you came from.

You've referenced the fact you make new squads all the time in a few threads, but you haven't run TWD or TWL squads before. Not trying to bash you, but your experience in other zones is probably very different. Start up a TW squad in time your 'I make squads all the time' case will become more effective.
          I know but if I started up a TWD or TWL squad it would basically be DSB and Pro League players with a sprinkle of TW. TW players don't want to join/help new squads by someone from another zone. Basically a squad i make would have more casual players who are less active. I gave the numbers above with that in mind... but I've always been good at getting shows because I have people added on discord/steam and I tell them match times a few days advance, remind them to show etc. I wouldn't have a problem with a 12 roster size to get 8 people to show. If i did I would just do two leagues, so I get the 16.

Still talking about me though, how about just saying why those numbers are bad or what numbers are better? lol

like Elim has the same 30 people nearly daily, that's enough for 3 active base squads capped at a 12 roster right there, and we're talking sunday activity not weekdays even. Can probably change the caps to something like 20 for 3 leagues, 18 for 2, 16 for basing, and leave it at 9 for DT. If you need more than 9 for 5vs 5 DT show you aren't really recruiting properly or captaining right.
          Last edited by Falconeer; 02-27-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

thought dis guy was in jail for choking/punching some girl in tw...must be requirement 2 head twl #2019
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

i'd like to create another squad, hopefully a few of you vets join <- harder

Comment

Working...
              X