Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a problem folks.

\_("/)_/
    Last edited by Grasps; 06-22-2019, 07:44 AM.

I agree, there is stacking, twl has once again caused several twd squads to dissolve, I'm struggling to find a squad that has any hope of winning anything, so I might end up not taking part again.

I realise this was already debated and a decision was taken to limit the number of players on the rosters rather than some sort of star limit. When will these separate rosters appear on the twd website? There are a couple of squads with 2 squads worth of people on their rosters, so there's some movement still to happen once this feature appears.

Comment

Wb will be somewhat competitive, but jav gonna be terrible with just thunder vs rage. I guess both these squads rather have their title by raping most squads (if they are created) instead of balancing the stuff and have more even games. I also understand that when one starts stacking, the other one will follow. I can tell you that this twl will kill TW again.

In basing i see 2-3 squads battleling with thunder, spastic and rage.

Comment

Back in the day, people still stacked and you know what most people did? They shut the fuck up and got better. Instead of bitching and complaining get your players togerher and practice. This new generation wants participation trophies and shit.....TWL was designed for the best of the best.
        Geio> Down to chill and play that
        Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Major is such a pussy, half your posts are disgusting to read lol.

13 man roster for 3 league squad, dont know what else you want me to do but obviously the goal is to win, this isn't twdt.

Comment

TWL is supposed to be the premier league of Trench Wars. It is not built to cater around players of all skill levels which is what draft tournaments original intention was, however even in that league majority of the players do not get to play a single game. In an ideal world there would be an amateur league of sorts, but no one seems to be willing to run one so I would not hold my breath. I suppose the second best thing is to come up with some additional activities (such as temporarily reviving TSL) for these selected few players who want to compete at a high level yet are nowhere close to being good enough to be useful on highly competitive rosters. These players should focus on improving their skill in-game to break into the ranks of better squads should they wish to upgrade their status from a casual player to more competitive one.

As far as Rage is concerned, we intend to keep the roster at around 13 members maximum with couple underrated players while also participating in all three leagues. Perhaps we might look into recruiting two backup players for basing who are underappreciated by the community, but the point is we are trying to keep the roster as small as possible for talent to spread elsewhere as well. This is how other squads should do it as well, and it looks like Thunder has a very similar idea when looking at their roster.

We can expect several good teams in TWLD where as TWLJ will likely be limited to at most 4 or 5 squads with a chance to win anything assuming Thunder is willing to drop one of their elite members. As it stands their lineup is potentially stronger than any previous TWLJ lineup in the past 6 seasons, but I digress. It is their call to make, as they are building a squad with the intention to win, and we are not forcing the issue.

It is also worth mentioning that lag limits are stricter in league play. We do not openly disclose these lag limits for rather obvious reasons, and referees are expected to monitor players and ensure the game is done under fair circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
              Major is such a pussy, half your posts are disgusting to read lol.

13 man roster for 3 league squad, dont know what else you want me to do but obviously the goal is to win, this isn't twdt.
              I dont blame you. You and ease want to play together badly, which has been for 5-6 years now. Ofc you dont split. Just like envy wouldnt have if we all were still active. But you and ease together means opposite squads have to 'stack' too, which means you get those better 3-4-5th players as well. Which i do understand. Your wb is a good example how it should be overall imo, top player(s) together with those 8 stars like you and ogron. Unlike how stacked rage their wb line is. I am just saying that for the long term, this wont be good for TW.

I feel like many mediocore people like dont feel like playing anymore because the outcome is already there. I always been on those sucky squads who were lucky to get one twlj win. Yes, i have totally lost interest in getting raped all the time. Can you blame me/us for it?

just saying that this is gonna be a league for '20' players, so in the end many of the returned players will be gone soon again.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                TWL is supposed to be the premier league of Trench Wars. It is not built to cater around players of all skill levels which is what draft tournaments original intention was, however even in that league majority of the players do not get to play a single game. In an ideal world there would be an amateur league of sorts, but no one seems to be willing to run one so I would not hold my breath. I suppose the second best thing is to come up with some additional activities (such as temporarily reviving TSL) for these selected few players who want to compete at a high level yet are nowhere close to being good enough to be useful on highly competitive rosters. These players should focus on improving their skill in-game to break into the ranks of better squads should they wish to upgrade their status from a casual player to more competitive one.

As far as Rage is concerned, we intend to keep the roster at around 13 members maximum with couple underrated players while also participating in all three leagues. Perhaps we might look into recruiting two backup players for basing who are underappreciated by the community, but the point is we are trying to keep the roster as small as possible for talent to spread elsewhere as well. This is how other squads should do it as well, and it looks like Thunder has a very similar idea when looking at their roster.

We can expect several good teams in TWLD where as TWLJ will likely be limited to at most 4 or 5 squads with a chance to win anything assuming Thunder is willing to drop one of their elite members. As it stands their lineup is potentially stronger than any previous TWLJ lineup in the past 6 seasons, but I digress. It is their call to make, as they are building a squad with the intention to win, and we are not forcing the issue.

It is also worth mentioning that lag limits are stricter in league play. We do not openly disclose these lag limits for rather obvious reasons, and referees are expected to monitor players and ensure the game is done under fair circumstances.
                Stop 'blaming' this shit on thunder. Your squad is as stacked if not more.

yes ofcourse this is a 'premier league'. But we cant ignore that the amount of top players have been dropped, which returns in less squads really participating for the win. Yes, in the past there was syndicate, dice and -final-, but i feel like surprises were much likely to happen back then than they might happen nowadays. I remember Boss getting in twlj finals with no real topjavs.

Comment

\_("/)_/
                  Last edited by Grasps; 06-22-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Alright let us take an objective look at our so-called stacking.

Our TWLD lineup consists of two veteran players RaCka and Mythril as a core who have proven themselves to be solid. They are good players, no doubt. Additionally in our starting lineup we have two players who very rarely got to play or prove themselves in TWLD with Geio and Beam, and neither are considered "top warbirds" as the community but rather in the middle range of good players which are plenty (20+ players fit this category) in our zone. Our fifth player, Peru, is likely not going to be showing much at all according to what he has said due to work commitments. As backups we have myself and Ardour who, once again, are not top warbirds in the game. Very stacked lineup if we compare to Paladen, but overall seems pretty fine to me. Using TWDT ratings this puts our line to 46 + two 8-star subs using TWDT-D ratings.

Our TWLJ lineup is essentially myself, Rough, Dreamwin, Racka, and Mythril or Geio. This seems to be far from stacked as well, at least from my point of view, as it only has three accomplished players. Rough is rustier than a spoon from Salad Fingers video. Our backups are up-and-coming warbirds trying to prove themselves in javelin. This would put us to 46 + 8-star sub using TWDT-J ratings.

As I hate to double post, there are more than enough talent left to make multiple more good squads still for TWLJ and TWLD. End of the day we are all playing to win and do not want to be forced to players who we do not like or want to play with on our rosters. If you want to prove yourself then do it with your skill instead of crying about being excluded from a competition. I have done my fair share of playing on mediocre teams or underrated teams by choice over past 6 seasons.
                    Last edited by Turban; 02-27-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Alright let us take an objective look at our so-called stacking.

Our TWLD lineup consists of two veteran players RaCka and Mythril as a core who have proven themselves to be solid. They are good players, no doubt. Additionally in our starting lineup we have two players who very rarely got to play or prove themselves in TWLD with Geio and Beam, and neither are considered "top warbirds" as the community but rather in the middle range of good players which are plenty (20+ players fit this category) in our zone. Our fifth player, Peru, is likely not going to be showing much at all according to what he has said due to work commitments. As backups we have myself and Ardour who, once again, are not top warbirds in the game. Very stacked lineup if we compare to Paladen, but overall seems pretty fine to me. Using TWDT ratings this puts our line to 46 + two 8-star subs using TWDT-D ratings.

Our TWLJ lineup is essentially myself, Rough, Dreamwin, Racka, and Mythril or Geio. This seems to be far from stacked as well, at least from my point of view, as it only has three accomplished players. Rough is rustier than a spoon from Salad Fingers video. Our backups are up-and-coming warbirds trying to prove themselves in javelin. This would put us to 46 + 8-star sub using TWDT-J lineups.
                      Lol plz..
                      your twld roster has 4 out of 5 top wbs of this twdt season. (yes i moved up mythril since he only played 4 games and was even 14th). Beam was last season's #2. Only thing what would your line more stacked is having ease. If you can't see that, you are in denial.
                      your twlj line still has 3x10 and a 9. Well done giving a 8 star a spot. Be proud of yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

Lol plz..
                        your twld roster has 4 out of 5 top wbs of this twdt season. (yes i moved up mythril since he only played 4 games and was even 14th). Beam was last season's #2. Only thing what would your line more stacked is having ease. If you can't see that, you are in denial.
                        your twlj line still has 3x10 and a 9. Well done giving a 8 star a spot. Be proud of yourself!
                        Peru is likely not going to play a single game. Beam has no history of playing TWLD at a high level pretty much, and Geio was always benching on Fierce. They may have performed well in a season of TWDT, but that's not how you should look at things because its a flawed way of thinking. TWDT in its current state is a lot about abusing lower star players and that is vastly different from a standard TWL setting where the overall competition is much stronger.

Rough is far from being a 10-star right now and is more on the 9-star side. RacKa has never proven himself in a TWLJ setting, and this will be his first chance. Mythril and Geio are not anywhere close to being great in javelin and only adequate fillers. We could add Commodo or someone of his skill level to the lineup and you would have a point, but as it stands we are far from stacked in this league.

Bottom line is Rage has a small and compact roster. Stacking issues tend to be more of an issue when you have several top players benching on a squad. There is enough talent around to make five or more highly competitive TWLD squads and four or more highly competitive TWLJ squads. We are not forcing players to split and expecting 8 equally strong teams is an impossible task. It is up to the players to decide how they want this league to play out.

Anyway, do not cry about not being good enough to be a filler for these rosters because chances are you are not being added to these rosters due to your rather toxic personality.

Comment

Peru is likely not going to play a single game. Beam has no history of playing TWLD at a high level pretty much, and Geio was always benching on Fierce. They may have performed well in a season of TWDT, but that's not how you should look at things because its a flawed way of thinking. TWDT in its current state is a lot about abusing lower star players and that is vastly different from a standard TWL setting where the overall competition is much stronger.

Rough is far from being a 10-star right now and is more on the 9-star side. RacKa has never proven himself in a TWLJ setting, and this will be his first chance. Mythril and Geio are not anywhere close to being great in javelin and only adequate fillers. We could add Commodo or someone of his skill level to the lineup and you would have a point, but as it stands we are far from stacked in this league.

Bottom line is Rage has a small and compact roster. Stacking issues tend to be more of an issue when you have several top players benching on a squad. There is enough talent around to make five or more highly competitive TWLD squads and four or more highly competitive TWLJ squads. We are not forcing players to split and expecting 8 equally strong teams is an impossible task. It is up to the players to decide how they want this league to play out.

Anyway, do not cry about not being good enough to be a filler for these rosters because chances are you are not being added to these rosters due to your rather toxic personality.
                          How do you think to make another competitive twlj squad? Out of my mind the only worthy javs to be competitive is commodo.
                          warbird could be the most competitive league yea. And i dont expect 8 equally squads. But whats wrong with having 3 'top' players and 2 'upcoming' players. And no i dont consider racka or kado as an upcoming player. If i look how i improved the seasons playing with envy and dice, just like kado.. That just happened cuz of playing with better player. Was i stuck on the dynasty, spark kinda squads i would still be this 6-7 star. Someone like morph could get a chance for example. Or mythril/geio like you are doing. Jav isnt just as high leveled as wb is in my eyes, so a line is really fast stacked when you have 3-4 top javs. Yes, i know thunders jav line has 5.

and dont worry about me man. I already said on envy chat that i would only twl with the 'old' core. But thats not gonna happen. I am just looking behind this twl season. Because arent you worried that everyone you got back this twdt season you lose again?
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Grasps when we started Potenza back in about 2008 with no name/casual twdd players we got shit stomped for a bit, but we practiced together and ended up being the top wb squad for a few years. We started at the bottom MY man and earned it....Then we made Force for TWL and ended up winning with JUST 2 new squad mates "skep and saix. You gotta earn it man like everyone ealse did. Noone started off elite. Just saying bud. EARN IT, PRACTICE! I'd start a squad with just potenza core but none of us are active enough and have high chance of Not showing on sundays. So we split up between monster and sweet. What you need to do pal instead of stateing on forums squads are stacked is figure out who your active players are going to be, and focus on getting your teaming tight and together and pull some upsets! Our very first TWLD season/match we were looked at as a weak squad and taken very lightly because we were not the elite names the zone was use to seeing. Then we went out and beat what most would call it a "stacked" Thunder 50-17 the first round and ended up winning the match
                            (we ended up losing that season) but we pulled some good upsets and picked up some experience. So if we were able to do it there's no reason others cant form a group of players and do it.
                            Last edited by olde; 02-27-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

It seems like people forget what TWL is about.... all this TWDT nonsense does not translate to TWL that well. TWDT is just about picking on the worse players, in TWL its BEST on BEST. There are little to no "freebie" type kills. Also the ratings for TWDT are largely based on show rate lol...

I can very easily see at least from a WB perspective at least 5-6 competitive teams.... expecting to be on a competitive team as a weaker player is just not realistic as you will be having to kill players like RaCka, Peru, Mythril, Beam, Turban etc consistently.... if we are setting star caps lets just call it TWDT? because winning a non BEST on BEST does not deserve the prestige of TWL.

Sweet - Riverside, Vt, Okyo, Caos, Jones, Morph
                              Thunder - Best, Ease, Steadman, Ogron, Kado, Zidane - feel like they might recruit some down the line.
                              Monster - Attacks, Iron Survivor, Ricko, Vys, Kentaro, Dak, Lockdown, Tripin
                              Rage - Racka, Peru, Mythril, Turban, Beam, Geio, Ardour/Dreamwin

Notable players without a squad as of yet or a squad that is not in TWLD:

1. Burnt
                              2. Last Standing
                              3. Welt
                              4. Skepsis
                              5. Nowon
                              6. Engineers
                              7. Casket
                              8. Rasaq

I'm sure theres a bunch I am missing but you get the idea.

None of this is "STACKING". The problems were back in the day when we had a full roster of other players that were benching.

ie. Fierce at one point had Geio, Tripin, Casket, Dak, Welt all benching.
                              Last edited by kentaro; 02-27-2019, 03:30 PM.
                              1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                              1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                              1:Tiny> LOL
                              1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Working...
                              X