No announcement yet.

We have a problem folks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moms attic* Also friends online? and you judging me? rofl.

Go make new friends online, that's how you grow, by expanding the bubble you live in.

p.s better to make 1 long post than 20 posts that would be altogether way longer... like some people do in other threads here. i'm being efficient, you're being illiterate. sorry my text wall demoralizes you, but you need to man up, don't let words defeat you.

funny story i met a girl who replied to my text walls, and we had back and forth for a week sometimes when we would argue, her text wall vs my text wall. when someone replies to your text walls thats when you know it's love.. i love the game so i write a wall. flew doesn't love me so he doesn't respond, and that's how it should be.
    Last edited by Falconeer; 02-28-2019, 02:46 AM.

Comment

The veterans of the game have had to compete with complete ass players. Now we can play with our friends and compete against other veterans.
      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

This league is the pinnacle of competitive play in SS, it's about the best vs the best.

The truth of the matter to the people complaining is this; it's no one's fault but your own that you've not improved to a top level; that's completely on you. No good WB just flicked a switch and became a top player over night, it's taken a long, long time for everyone to get to the level they're at. It's no one's fault but your own that you aren't a top player, and that's just a matter of fact. You think NFL playing contracts are handed out to whoever wants one? No, that shit is earned by effort and by being at the top of your game. You think pro gamers getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars just turned up with their laptops and were allowed to enter the top tournaments? No, they proved themselves over time.

TWDT, TSL, elim and even TWDD are there to cater and be inclusive, TWL is about being the best. This is essentially some 2019 snowflakes unhappy they aren't handed a title on a silver platter, or given a level playing field.

The roster limits have been a blessing so far - I can't believe there are complaints of stacking when each squad currently has around a 10 man roster whereas in previous years they've had 30 man rosters with 20+ players sitting on the bench. For TWLD and TWLJ I'm expecting this to be the most competitive season in a long while with more competitive lineups than I've seen across the board for years.

TWL will not kill the zone, negative defeatist attitudes will.
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Monster I gotta say is an interesting different lineup so far. Doesn't seem like a line I've ever seen together like this. It is def mixing things up a bit. A few of you guys are jerks but I respect this type move making a squad like this. They will be the legal lag monster squad for sure.. lol. I'm laughing thinking about this lineup now. You all may not get the joke playing where you do but damn brit lag is weird as crap and hard to play against. Irons.. well, most everyone knows about that . ROFL + 5 lives per round :P These guys will get an average of +12 lives a game so be ready. Hope we give you as many eats back ^_^. GL this season.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
            This league is the pinnacle of competitive play in SS, it's about the best vs the best.

The truth of the matter to the people complaining is this; it's no one's fault but your own that you've not improved to a top level; that's completely on you. No good WB just flicked a switch and became a top player over night, it's taken a long, long time for everyone to get to the level they're at. It's no one's fault but your own that you aren't a top player, and that's just a matter of fact. You think NFL playing contracts are handed out to whoever wants one? No, that shit is earned by effort and by being at the top of your game. You think pro gamers getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars just turned up with their laptops and were allowed to enter the top tournaments? No, they proved themselves over time.

TWDT, TSL, elim and even TWDD are there to cater and be inclusive, TWL is about being the best. This is essentially some 2019 snowflakes unhappy they aren't handed a title on a silver platter, or given a level playing field.

The roster limits have been a blessing so far - I can't believe there are complaints of stacking when each squad currently has around a 10 man roster whereas in previous years they've had 30 man rosters with 20+ players sitting on the bench. For TWLD and TWLJ I'm expecting this to be the most competitive season in a long while with more competitive lineups than I've seen across the board for years.

TWL will not kill the zone, negative defeatist attitudes will.
            I don't think it's about being a snowflake, I made plenty of squads in tough leagues. My squads never won because I didn't grab players from a pool of known veterans. Instead I grabbed the overlooked, neglected, discarded players. Then my squads and me were "trolled" and "attacked" for being easy. Next year I made a new squad. If anything this is the opposite of being a snowflake. That is grit and helping the community in the face of adversity and challenging odds. Though to be fair some guys pixel text online is hardly adversity for me. Notice I'm not the one ignoring people and raging at them for having opinions/typing. Though I do respond unfiltered sometimes.

I don't think people want titles, and those who do, don't want them on a silver platter. You bring up the NFL, but the NFL isn't struggling with 30-40 year old players. In most sports 30 is already past your prime, people start families and don't have as much time as they used to. We are also a game not getting new players, imagine if the NFL didn't get new players, and zero kids from the next generation were interested in football? In baseball we already have some teams who lose year after year, while one team keeps winning because they have 1) more time 2) more money 3) greater access to the veterans.

You don't say fuck the systemic issues, and just work hard. If that's how life was, you would probably revolt against the government, because some people would be working harder than others. You are all blind to how hard someone else has to work compared to you. And that's the problem. Walk a mile in someone elses shoes then come and talk.

So there are two solutions to stacking. 1) fix the game and get new players 2) the pro players and captains step up and realize in a dying game they can help newer squads.

Seems like there is resistance to 2, and having a "pro elite league" only helps to ensure 1 doesn't happen while keeping the veteran core players happy.

Not one person here said they would help out new players, new squads, or stop joining thunder/rage and other top squads year after year (break the mould) to try a new squad or meet new people/make new friends. Not one. And that's the problem. No one wants to risk or step up to help. Instead it's SNOWFLAKE, EZ, GIT GUD SON. GG. Just a bunch of people who want to troll and elevate themselves for being good in a game.

I'm literally asking you guys after 5 medals, and titles, and wins, help some new up-and-coming squad out. That's all i'm saying here.
            Last edited by Falconeer; 02-28-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

oh man, I remember when sk8 was "shit" compared to a few squads... I remember when demonfaze fuck'd off from sk8 and re-created syndicate while ease (at the time with 0 twl wins) told him to gtfo. sk8 won twld the season that followed.

ricko summed it up good; no one became top tier overnight. no squad got stacked "just like that".

falconeer, what you did over in that basing zone 27th parallel star battle or whatever which had a lifespan of a fraction of what tw has and a total population of our pub on a lazy monday morning-- good people have been there done that over here too, creating squads, helping newbies. no one is special in a 20 year old game.
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Falconeer

This is my personal opinion, but I would advise you to stop responding to this thread with the intention to provoke as you have almost no clue what you are talking about considering your general lack of knowledge regarding the history of our zone.

There are many new prospects being are cultivated every season by several teams, and some players end up performing far above expectations with their rapid growth spurts and will to improve. I personally have been on several underdog teams by choice, helping to train new players while giving them valuable insight to improve their play, and several teams and players seem to be doing it this season as well. This includes captaining squads and giving players a chance to improve. In my opinion we are at a rather healthy balance when looking at the competitive side of the game and that is one reason as to why our leagues have such good longevity and reputation. We do have our fair share of trolls who take every opportunity they get to spread false information or lash out provocative comments, and we also have players who are extremely toxic in-game who for some reason still expect to be treated with respect by other players.

You should not compare Trench Wars culture with any other zone. Our premier league is not meant to be all inclusive, and most of the training of players happen on a lower level such as private arenas, elimination, public leagues such as base, javduel, and wbduel, draft tournaments, and division matches. It is up to the players wanting to become competitive to take on the challenge and start improving rather than waiting for someone to blindly reach out their hand.

Contrary to the unpopular belief, there are no serious stacking issues this year as of right now. You are witnessing known trolls and disliked players crying for attention.

To quote the mission statement from our most prestigious league:

"Trench Wars Leagues is the premier competitive league in Trench Wars. It is designed for serious squads which are interested in competing against the best in the zone.

Participation is by invitation and is a privilege, not a right. This privilege can be revoked for any player or squad by the League Operators given sufficient reasoning."

Comment

Its interesting to think about otherways of doing this... for instance

Lets say we set up a Date where the squads wanting to enter TWL Logon and join a certain arena.
                  -To make your squad you choose from a list...
                  -Your current squad has a preselect of only 2 ppl ... 2 captains. If one captain doesnt show then the other captain must be available to select
                  lets say there are 10 squads...
                  -We can determine the order of picking through many different ways like picking a number from 1-100 and the closest goes first and so on

-Starting with the first pick they can choose any player who has !registered onto the TWL list.
                  -We can start by league and each league will need a seperate !signup twld twlj twlb - players will need to also register to each league they want to play therefore creating 3 seperate lists
                  Starting with twld
                  -the first team would then pick their first player, then the next team theirs etc we can set a maximum for twld like 8 or 10
                  -only players who registered into TWLD are selectable, if they are registered into 2 leagues or 3, during the next list selection {tw;j, twlb} they would forfeit their pick turn and be pushed to the bottom as they already have a player rostered for that league aswell.

______________________ anyways thats one idea and more things can be worked out inside of that layout

Another way to do it is by Cap
                  Each team has a cap like any sport like hockey lets say
                  WE can rate players with stars like we have done. those players are worth certain amount to roster but they have a choice where they want to go, if that squad has the cap space then they can recruit them
                  Cap can actually be Pub Bux if you want... but really its just to set a precidence
                  if you max out your cap and want another player... you will have to remove someone to finesse your roster.

_____________________ again there would be things to work out here, but to me I like the idea of figureing out a way to spread talent through some sort of restrictions...
                  this current free for all; who go where ever they want does lead to stacking, because the bottom line is everyone wants to win. and the winners always go to the best squads.

ToK~

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                    Falconeer

This is my personal opinion, but I would advise you to stop responding to this thread with the intention to provoke as you have almost no clue what you are talking about considering your general lack of knowledge regarding the history of our zone.

There are many new prospects being are cultivated every season by several teams, and some players end up performing far above expectations with their rapid growth spurts and will to improve. I personally have been on several underdog teams by choice, helping to train new players while giving them valuable insight to improve their play, and several teams and players seem to be doing it this season as well. This includes captaining squads and giving players a chance to improve. In my opinion we are at a rather healthy balance when looking at the competitive side of the game and that is one reason as to why our leagues have such good longevity and reputation. We do have our fair share of trolls who take every opportunity they get to spread false information or lash out provocative comments, and we also have players who are extremely toxic in-game who for some reason still expect to be treated with respect by other players.

You should not compare Trench Wars culture with any other zone. Our premier league is not meant to be all inclusive, and most of the training of players happen on a lower level such as private arenas, elimination, public leagues such as base, javduel, and wbduel, draft tournaments, and division matches. It is up to the players wanting to become competitive to take on the challenge and start improving rather than waiting for someone to blindly reach out their hand.

Contrary to the unpopular belief, there are no serious stacking issues this year as of right now. You are witnessing known trolls and disliked players crying for attention.

To quote the mission statement from our most prestigious league:

"Trench Wars Leagues is the premier competitive league in Trench Wars. It is designed for serious squads which are interested in competing against the best in the zone.

Participation is by invitation and is a privilege, not a right. This privilege can be revoked for any player or squad by the League Operators given sufficient reasoning."
                    Providing arguments with an appeal to authority is a fallacy... bringing the person you disagree with up and questioning their credibility etc. Here is the logical fallacy list: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/sys...nal/poster.jpg

My intention isn't to provoke fights, I have just challenged people strongly in this thread.

You are welcome to your opinion on the matter. And perhaps from your perspective as one of the main league coordinators? what you say is true, but from your position your view would also be skewed, especially as a top player and known name in the game. Again I say, smurf/alias, make a squad and you will see a different perspective from the outside looking in. I don't think this is a matter of trolling because the idea that league is elitist and stacked is a narrative i've seen from numerous people, many of whom don't make a living in game being a troll. It's also what keeps many past players and potential current players away from league and the TW zone. The league environment is a toxic environment in many zones, but trench wars is unique, congratulations.

I've seen evidence against your opinion turban, which is everyone else's opinion in this thread who responded with "get good, you probably suck etc." the mentality here lends to the fact that my opinion, at least in some areas, is probably more accurate than yours.

It's good you've helped new squads at least. So the count of people who are top players who have helped is 1 so far. Keep in mind you're already a helper (in some form of staff/organizing).
                    Last edited by Falconeer; 03-01-2019, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TiK ToK View Post
                      Its interesting to think about otherways of doing this... for instance

Lets say we set up a Date where the squads wanting to enter TWL Logon and join a certain arena.
                      -To make your squad you choose from a list...
                      -Your current squad has a preselect of only 2 ppl ... 2 captains. If one captain doesnt show then the other captain must be available to select
                      lets say there are 10 squads...
                      -We can determine the order of picking through many different ways like picking a number from 1-100 and the closest goes first and so on

-Starting with the first pick they can choose any player who has !registered onto the TWL list.
                      -We can start by league and each league will need a seperate !signup twld twlj twlb - players will need to also register to each league they want to play therefore creating 3 seperate lists
                      Starting with twld
                      -the first team would then pick their first player, then the next team theirs etc we can set a maximum for twld like 8 or 10
                      -only players who registered into TWLD are selectable, if they are registered into 2 leagues or 3, during the next list selection {tw;j, twlb} they would forfeit their pick turn and be pushed to the bottom as they already have a player rostered for that league aswell.

______________________ anyways thats one idea and more things can be worked out inside of that layout

Another way to do it is by Cap
                      Each team has a cap like any sport like hockey lets say
                      WE can rate players with stars like we have done. those players are worth certain amount to roster but they have a choice where they want to go, if that squad has the cap space then they can recruit them
                      Cap can actually be Pub Bux if you want... but really its just to set a precidence
                      if you max out your cap and want another player... you will have to remove someone to finesse your roster.

_____________________ again there would be things to work out here, but to me I like the idea of figureing out a way to spread talent through some sort of restrictions...
                      this current free for all; who go where ever they want does lead to stacking, because the bottom line is everyone wants to win. and the winners always go to the best squads.

ToK~
                      tok......have you heard of TWDT? Lol.
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Bad players expecting to win twl seems to be the real issue in here... or a very large disconnect between perceived skill and actual skill.

also watch out for rage, out here poaching weeks before the season starts like its 2007

Comment

I have a problem with the title of this post not getting to the point. Get the clickbait off our forums!

Comment

I have spent the last 5 seasons of twdt playing with people I don't like, and people I do like. Only takes one asshat to ruin my whole experience. Aka Lasenza on power.
                            I want to just spend my last season just playing with people I like, stacked or not. Monster is simply a combination of people I met up in real life and get on with. We have people here who have not won twld, so I don't see us as overlly stacked.
                            British> my 18th tomoz $$
                            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Stacking isnt really the problem, you want the best people on your team because you want to win. You want to see the best vs the best, thats the most entertaining games. The only problem would be benching players that are worthy of starting elsewhere but with roster limits i dont really see that being a big issue. idk y this thread exists
                              Big Chill

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                                oh man, I remember when sk8 was "shit" compared to a few squads... I remember when demonfaze fuck'd off from sk8 and re-created syndicate while ease (at the time with 0 twl wins) told him to gtfo. sk8 won twld the season that followed.

ricko summed it up good; no one became top tier overnight. no squad got stacked "just like that".

falconeer, what you did over in that basing zone 27th parallel star battle or whatever which had a lifespan of a fraction of what tw has and a total population of our pub on a lazy monday morning-- good people have been there done that over here too, creating squads, helping newbies. no one is special in a 20 year old game.
                                That's just the way things were, we had our groups and just got better as a team. Getting embarrassed and having faggots talk shit to you when you lost made you want to get better after every loss. I don't think the game has the population anymore and I don't think kids grow up with that attitude that often anymore. Kids are soft and our advertising targeted younger cucked kids instead of trying to target people our age on snes Rom sites and stuff like that. You could tell the end was happening not just based on population but because the new players were retarded and couldn't figure out events like journey or glider. At this point nobody wants to stop stacking because new players are huge faggots who don't want to put in the time benching and earning a spot in the lineup, not to mention them being annoying dipshit on chat. The top players at this point are all friends and I can't blame them for not wanting to babysit. This isn't the sk8 and quicksand era anymore.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X