NOTICE: Resolution Limit in TWLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTICE: Resolution Limit in TWLD

I have slowly been collecting user opinions regarding possible changes to resolution limits and there was pretty much an even split between keeping current limits and increasing the limits. I saw little to no point in continuing to ask around as it would most likely have resulted in same trend continuing with opinions being split. Only couple players opted into voting for no limit.

We are setting resolution limit for this season to 1920x1200 which is an increase from previous seasons. This resolution limit is only in effect for TWLD.

If there was an overwhelming push towards keeping stricter limits we would have opted into it, but with an even split and considering the state of the game we feel an increase is not bad for the game.

A sensible and personal approach speaking to players, I myself voted for 1220by1024, but I can see that the 1900by1200 is a good compromise.
    if only all game changing polls were conducted in this manner.

keep up the good work.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Why is it 1920*1200 when 1920*1080 is by far the more popular res?

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
        Why is it 1920*1200 when 1920*1080 is by far the more popular res?
        I?m assuming so that it doesn?t prevent people from playing with 1600 x 1200 if they prefer that.
        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

It's also because a lot of people prefer 16:10 to 16:9. 1920x1080 is the 16:9, and 1920x1200 is the 16:10.
          Before I went to 2560x1440 my previous monitor was 1920x1200.

Comment

Good compromise. I never wanted res changes but now they have been in place so long allowing this res is a good idea, Also the change In modern monitors being wide screen I think this is the best choice as 1280 one just shrinks everything down to mini ships and leaves black box surrounding it. I can't believe I accept this res but having a new monitor it really is the proper one that works with it.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
              A sensible and personal approach speaking to players, I myself voted for 1220by1024, but I can see that the 1900by1200 is a good compromise.
              if only all game changing polls were conducted in this manner.

keep up the good work.
              Just wanted you to know, this is because Ease said it was OK to do this.
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Radar gives you all the res you will ever need.

Also I wouldn't be caught bragging about how good I am or how great my aim is if i was using a res larger than what I'm using now: 1366 x 768

I'd be ashamed to call myself good in fact... and any wins I have wouldn't feel deserved or real to me.

Comment

forgive tiny. his monitor is older than his profile pictures, which were older than this game. can only image what itd be like to be in tinys shoes. allow salt.

Comment

what are the limits in lj and lb?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                      what are the limits in lj and lb?
                      there aren't any
                      3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

given that im playing on 1300 x 760, im a big YES on the 1280 x 1024. however i was one of the most vocal opponents of res cap back in the day and wrote an essay on these forums about why 1280 res cap is detrimental which could be dug up and as i remember was touted by epinephrine and some others as being spot on; however, it very well might be total bullshit.

The Mind of the Father
                        Riding on the subtle guiders
                        Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                        Of relentless Fire

Comment

Working...
                        X