• Show
Clear All

• TWLD Season 22

TWLD Season 22

Thunder
    Lineup
    Ease, Best, Peru, Casket, Skepsis (yet to be comfirmed)/Siaxis/Raazi/Ogron

Why it might be their season.

With established multiple TWLD winning champions Ease and Best its hard not to give these guys the top spot, however perhaps their secret weapons comes from a very much in form Peru who dominated last TWDTD and has blown away squads in the preseason of TWD.
    They have good support with Casket, Raazi (if active) and even Zidane himself can put in a good Warbird performance occasionally. Plus rumour has it we might see the Siaxis and Skepsis \(yet to be comfirmed) brothers show which completes a very nasty 5 man lineup. If this doesn't happen they will be depending on Ogron returning to his form of seasons past which he achieved at Burn and Heavy.
    I think at the moment Peru/Best combination is looking stronger than the Racka/Mythril spearhead of rage, Form wise. Ease performs his role BPM better than the other two top squads equivalent Attacks and Beam

Why it might not be

Best doesn't quite seem the force he was in 2016 when he was indisputably the best Warbird in the game, Peru was a old veteran but never has won a TWLD, wherever he bottles it when the big games happens remains to be seen, Casket last season for Cobra was less than spectacular but maybe with better support and less individual pressure can improve, Siaxis, Skepsis and Raazi I haven't seen in a Warbird more than once since TWL was announced.

Monster
    Lineup

Like I am going to announce my own squads

Vys recons now pure_luck isnt around to ban him for cheating when he wasn't cheating for being unbeatable back in 2005 odd, hes now ready to 1v5 with his Desktop. Which frees up all our sundays. Thanks Vys your a real pal!

PS. Did you know that some homeless guy asked our group for money in London, he was sent packing by all of us apart from Vys, The cost was however that the homeless guy had to say Vys was the best warbird Trench wars had ever seen to us horrified onlookers, What a charitable chap this Yys fellow is.

Why it might be their season

Monster has the most depth out of any of the teams, and could almost field two competitive TWLD lineups. They have TWLD champions in Attacks, Iron Survivor and Dak, and finalists in Kentaro, Ricko and Vys.
    Tripin and Lockdown have improved significantly and are no longer bench fodder, don't be surprised if one if not both of these two become breakout stars this season.

Monster have by far the best mid range side
    Expect monster to be making big concerted pushes in TWLD rather than spearheads through the enemy lines that other squads can do with Best/Peru or Mythril/Racka.

Why it might not

Monster is formed off a very finely balanced coalition of Force and Cobra players with Vys and Dak added on top, individually this makes them a great team, however some of these guys play completely different styles, bringing those styles together to work will be challenging, i'm sure everyone knows the difference between a team and a squad by now.
    Other issues include the captains on this squad aren't overlly active, Ricko, Vys and Iron Survivor haven't logged much since TWLD has been announced, and Attacks has been playing like a load of shite and has Tom Cruise movie style crisis's of confidence without meeting beautiful girls to snap him out of it. With luck these players will be ramping up the play time as that start date gets closer.
    Finally Monster miss a out and out rusher such as Racka, Best or Peru, which sometimes buys space for the BPS (Bullet per second players) players such as Attacks and Dak. Tripin could fill this gap, but is he really ready for such a responsibility?

Rage

Lineup
    Racka, Mythril, Beam, Flew, Turban or Geio at a pinch.

(Ammendment) Apologies to Geio as I missed him out originally, apparently he won't be benching for the 5th season in a row, Dogshite

Racka is the strongest player in the game currently, he has survived the resolution changes and has not effected his performances in the slightest, Mythril's experience, ship control and mental power is unrivalled. If Beam hits form like he did from two seasons of TWDTD past and Turban remembers how to warbird you could see these guys lifting the title.

Why it might not

Other than Racka and Mythril who do you look to? Beam hasn't put in a good shift since TWDTD two seasons ago, Flew bottled it for thunder last season of TWLD, and Turban is a Jav, he would be fine filling the 5th with great support around him, but he will be expected to do some lifting here which might call out his lack of interest in warbird.
    These guys are definitely short a couple of world class warbirds, but there is still plenty of time for additions and changes.

Wolf

Lineup
    Rasaq, Caos, Zapata, Burnt, Engineers.
    Interchanging with Felix_da_kat, Biet and Afri

I wanted to put sweet in this Fourth spot, but I really couldn't justify it with activity level

Rasaq seems to have hit great form all of a sudden and turns from a liability to a asset, Caos's mid range to long range aim is incredible, and Zapata is slowly and agonisingly returning to form. I'm forever getting more and more impressed with Felix_Da_kat, but god man sort your name out.
    Burnt and Engineers if they return to activity would be incredible for these guys and will then have the fire power to upset the top 3.
    Why it might not be
    Caos is so unbending in his play style, that he will continue to R3 or R4 even if hes low on deaths and they need a big push, Rasaq could easilly slip back into bad form again. Burnt won't show, and Zapata will get frustrated at not being the force he was 10 years ago, then these guys will be stuffed. And will need to be looking into using players such as Afri, Biet, Whinegum which just isn't frankely as scary a prospect

PS. other captains will be sweating and hoping Paky Dude doesn't add himself.

Paladen

Lineup

J-b-Inc, Jessup, Jebass, Pineapple Express and Caralho aka Mega Newbie.

What the lineup should be

Caralho, Pineapple Express, Myollnir, Absent and Jessup.

Picking up Mega Newbie was a great move if he intends to stay and also another was picking up Absent.
    Pineapple Express and Myollnir are upcoming warbirds and certainly can bloody the nose of any but the most elite.
    And Jessup is a better player than he was last TWLD, and he is slightly more offensive in his old age.

Why it might not

What concerns me here is their captains, generally speaking captains are expected to get more playtime than assistants and will put themselves in over other players who are better and I just can't see Jessup or J-b-inc benching themselves.
    . J-b-inc just seems like a odd move to become captain, as J-b-inc has proved time and time again he is not willing to compromise with his out and out rushing and Paladen will want to sit at the back and R3, if he was a rusher like Best, Okyo or Racka who could survive or at least do so much damage before he dies that it doesn't matter, it could work for Paladen due to how much space is created. I honestly can't see this happening, he will most likely be the first out with a 10-10 if hes extremely lucky.
    I said Jessup is better than he was last TWLD, which I stick to, but hes still way too runny, and would leave you with a pile of tumble weed as your only companion when someone comes at you with a rush

Jebass is Jebasss.

Honestly think Paladens best hope here is drugging their captains and binding them up in the closet, before entering a TWLD match.

Sweet

Lineup
    Riverside, Eric Clapton and Jones and whichever other two players are let out of the old folks home.
    Can see these guys have applied for TWLD, that's the only reason I thought they were still alive at all.

Why it might be

Eric Clapton, Jones and Riverside instantly returned to the levels of their prime, this would be deadly.

Why it might not

Even if Clapton had the cream back, Jones and Riverside were the best warbirds in the game again, which I doubt massively . You would still need two other warbirds, but Ican't see where those two birds are coming from

Spastic

Lineup

Spezza, Jamal, Pure_Luck if possible though unlikely, most likely to be filled with randoms for the remaining spots or the majority of spots.

Why it might be

Spezza is quality and Jamal can be a good warbird in a pinch

Why it might not
    Other than the two mentioned above, don't expect anything else. Like Marksmin below and Sweet above their biggest achievement will be showing 5 players let alone winning anything.

Marksmin

Lineup
    Whichever 5 players are lured into playing at the time.

Why it might be
    They still have people like Okyo, Dumbrit! on their roster and will always remain a force if these people show.

Why it might not be
    Guys seem 0% interested in warbird really, roster is filled with a million DSBers, Basers and a few Javelins.

Conclusion
    I think we are looking at a slightly more complex system this TWLD than the last where we have 3 top sides who could win TWLD (Thunder. Monster and Rage),and two sides who will fight for that 4th playoff space (Wolf and Paladen), 3 sides who could either put effort in or just become stat fodder for better squads. (Sweet, Spastic and Marksmin)
    All in all, If Rage and Sweet had a few more warbirds, and those lower squads such as Markmin and Spastic had some warbird leadership i'd say the league is looking pretty healthy.
    This might be a complete ass statement and most of my squadies say it is, but I would say watch out for Paladen this year, they could cause some upsets and sneak that 4th playoff spot from Wolf.

Disclaimer

Disagree with any of my statements, please write your own separately or below, or even better get in ship 1, enter TWLD and prove me wrong. I love surprises

PS. Ogron was a little perplexed why I did not mention him in this write up originally, however we could not verify with the combined intelligence of the Monster's whats app chat wherever his axing from Thunder by Ease was legitimate.
    We are later pleased to hear that Ogron and Ease relationship is well, and they are currently booked on a honeymoon to Paris and will be back in time to compete for TWLD, However complaints of a bad back are expected.
    Last edited by Attacks; 03-18-2019, 08:25 AM.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Ogron shud start for thunder, never seen raazi online since we kicked his ass on ld final.
    Even if Best not performing doesnt matter, he is a strong player that always will be dangerous and do good.

Wolf top line is good, if burnt/engineers show and get active they can upset alot of squads.

Mega newbie is back and he is playing good and teaming, but like all veterans that come back they realize the world is not the same, ppl arent easy like before.

Shame okyo not showing this season he wud make great damage like always.

Good luck everyone!
    TWLD 2016 Champion
    TWDTD champion x 3
    Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Good read Tax.
      FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
      #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Nice write-up Tax, appreciated.

Thanks Iron
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Nice preview! Let's see how things play out. GL everyone!
          Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

You don't give money to homeless people... that sucks. If give money away even though I need it myself. One day you might be homeless.

One time though homeless guy asked me for money, and I said I have nothing except a 20 dollar bill, and he said "I'll take that" to which I replied "Beggars can't be choosers!"

But yeah If I had $1 or change I would have given him.

Comment

Attacks modify after week 1 stats

https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...stics-for-twld
              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I'm not keeping this updated, i'm also not doing HoT or Not this season.
                Reasons being
                1. Im not neutral enough as Captain of monster
                2. People take critism personally and this post alone was more hassle than it was worth.
                3. Its a lot of hard work
                British> my 18th tomoz $$
                Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

so who actually is doing HoT?

Comment

Working...
                  X