This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Invitations (TWLB)

We are inviting the following squads to participate in the upcoming TWLD season. We request the captains of squads to accept the invitation through forums or by messaging one of the TWL operators.

Rage
    Thunder
    Marksmin
    Spider
    Spastic

Dudgeon

Squads highlighted with green have accepted the invitation. We have rejected requests of Paladen and Sweet to participate due to not playing a single match in the league, and captain of Sweet told us in advance that they are likely not going to be able to round up a competitive squad.
    Last edited by Undercut; 03-19-2019, 03:25 PM.

Paladen wanted to play and Jessup asked what the requirements were on forums, but it looks like his question was ignored. Paladen would have had to face one of the squads and win a few times to qualify. Six squads is nice though, should be a quick league.

Comment

Naturally Dudgeon belongs in LB. Since the 5 TWD games requirement is lifted, Paladen and Wolf should be let in. As it is now you are making an exception for Dudgeon (as you should be) but moving the goal posts last minute in such a way to stick it to Paladen/etc. Paladen captain already commited to playing in the other thread, Wolf has BDs played as recently as March 12. If there are 8 squads that will show week in week out, let them game and have basing grow.

Comment

Sorry, but we have collectively decided that it would not be a smart choice to include these squads in this TWLB season.

Paladen has a history of getting absolutely demolished in every single competitive match, and despite their good intentions and willingness to participate, we felt there is not a single player who enjoys 15 minute clean sweeps. It is bad for both teams and leads into a lot of frustration.

Bottom line is this is the premier competitive league of our zone and is not as inclusive as you may think it is.

Comment

Still looking for a basing squad.

Comment

Good stuff, I'd imagine it would have made the schedule an even bigger nightmare. No point wasting peoples time. Thunder accepts invitation to all 3 also

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
              Naturally Dudgeon belongs in LB. Since the 5 TWD games requirement is lifted, Paladen and Wolf should be let in. As it is now you are making an exception for Dudgeon (as you should be) but moving the goal posts last minute in such a way to stick it to Paladen/etc. Paladen captain already commited to playing in the other thread, Wolf has BDs played as recently as March 12. If there are 8 squads that will show week in week out, let them game and have basing grow.
              No thanks. I told Paky he could try to TWLB, but I'd have no part. I'm glad we didn't get invited considering we didn't apply for it on forums or through competitive play. Didn't want to waste anyone's time, but I wouldn't mind joining someone for TWLB. I significantly upgraded my internet and my bullets are actually killing people. I think anyone after TWDT can see the changes in my play since I upgraded.

Comment

yeah - having 3 basing matches a week in addition to 3 a week for ld and lj would be absolutely horrendous
                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                  Sorry, but we have collectively decided that it would not be a smart choice to include these squads in this TWLB season.

Paladen has a history of getting absolutely demolished in every single competitive match, and despite their good intentions and willingness to participate, we felt there is not a single player who enjoys 15 minute clean sweeps. It is bad for both teams and leads into a lot of frustration.

Bottom line is this is the premier competitive league of our zone and is not as inclusive as you may think it is.
                  Are you just trying to show how bias you are?

Nobody here cares (or should care) what you decided. You had a squad asking to join base league, so far to my knowledge you didn't follow up with them or let them know how to qualify. True or false? If you did, then great, if not, well then I would think it's part of your job description as a league coordinator to reach out to squads and get the ball rolling.

End the day qualifications are not personal decision based. If the limit for the league is a hard 6 squads, then please.... fucking say so. Don't say it can be 8 but we decide who gets in and since the other squads suck in our opinion it's 6 now. That is not how professional leagues are conducted, it's a not personal preference contest.

Next, nobody cares about history. We care about 'in the present day' what is going on, or we should if we want a fair zone with moderation and league, as well as with staff recruitment.

So you should have said there is a hard 6 squad limit, and then state anyone who wants the 6th spot has to compete for it. And hold pre-league competitions to get in/a ladder somewhere? Which I assume exists? So if a ladder exists, just say Paladen didn't qualify.
                  Last edited by Falconeer; 03-18-2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

"Our zone is not as inclusive as you may think it is." - Turban

Can we make this the zone motto in pub, and in the server list? SSCU Trenchwars (It's not inclusive).

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	42
Size:	834.2 KB
ID:	1314142
                      Last edited by Jessup; 03-18-2019, 07:14 PM.
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

Are you just trying to show how bias you are?

Nobody here cares (or should care) what you decided. You had a squad asking to join base league, so far to my knowledge you didn't follow up with them or let them know how to qualify. True or false? If you did, then great, if not, well then I would think it's part of your job description as a league coordinator to reach out to squads and get the ball rolling.

End the day qualifications are not personal decision based. If the limit for the league is a hard 6 squads, then please.... fucking say so. Don't say it can be 8 but we decide who gets in and since the other squads suck in our opinion it's 6 now. That is not how professional leagues are conducted, it's a not personal preference contest.

Next, nobody cares about history. We care about 'in the present day' what is going on, or we should if we want a fair zone with moderation and league, as well as with staff recruitment.

So you should have said there is a hard 6 squad limit, and then state anyone who wants the 6th spot has to compete for it. And hold pre-league competitions to get in/a ladder somewhere? Which I assume exists? So if a ladder exists, just say Paladen didn't qualify.
                        Nice try, but no cigar. I would advise you to look into trolling someone else.

We want to ensure as competitive of a league as possible and were willing to increase the amount of participating squads up to as many as eight should there have been enough interest from squads with qualified members. This game is not rocket science, and Paladen was projected to get around two to five minutes of flag time across the entire season with a very generous estimate from our side. Yes, we could have stated the obvious and told Paladen to immediately recruit multiple established players to ensure their team would at least have a fighting chance while requiring the team to play some close and competitive basing matches before the leagues start.

Someone might call this a form of elitism, but truth of the matter is TWL is the premier league of our zone and should not used as a training grounds for squads. Basing is the only league where you really have a bad time when teams are lopsided in strength resulting in a very frustrating experience.

Comment

Paladen vs Dudgeon is incomparable as i don't think Paladen has enough people on their roster who have been committed to TWLB for many, many years such that an argument can be made that they deserve to play. with all due respect, it's difficult enough to show on Sundays as it is, and as much as i'd love to have 8 squads i dont have any interest in putting in the effort to show on a Sunday just to shut out a team 15-0.

if Paladen really cared about playing LB they would have put together a team months ago and started practicing. it would damage the integrity of the season to let them in (as it has many times in the past, you know, when they've dropped out after getting destroyed). however, if paladen can grab 4-8 strong basers and put together a marginally respectable line, i'm sure no one would be opposed to having an additional squad compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post

Nice try, but no cigar. I would advise you to look into trolling someone else.

We want to ensure as competitive of a league as possible and were willing to increase the amount of participating squads up to as many as eight should there have been enough interest from squads with qualified members. This game is not rocket science, and Paladen was projected to get around two to five minutes of flag time across the entire season with a very generous estimate from our side. Yes, we could have stated the obvious and told Paladen to immediately recruit multiple established players to ensure their team would at least have a fighting chance while requiring the team to play some close and competitive basing matches before the leagues start.

Someone might call this a form of elitism, but truth of the matter is TWL is the premier league of our zone and should not used as a training grounds for squads. Basing is the only league where you really have a bad time when teams are lopsided in strength resulting in a very frustrating experience.
                            Sigh, no one is disputing it's a premier league for elite squads here.

Rather I am saying a league coordinator or league management in general should want to be objective, unbiased and give every squad a fair chance of entry into the league.

So I'm not interested in trolling, but true I am being harsh here. What i'm interested in is qualitative current data that disqualifies squads from basing league AND not your personal opinion of squads based on past history or opinion of their lineup. I am not interested in your behaviour perse, but more concerned with how league is being handled and what the methods are for getting and accepting squads in league. So i'm questioning the whole system...

In other words... make a ladder out of basing? the top eight/or top six squad qualify. End of story. If the 8th or 6th squad is shit, tough luck. None of that will matter when you guys add another entrance in base, or do that reset thing with cram, where if a squad is locked out more than 10 min you reset. It's either that or develop some type of test squads have to pass to be accepted in the league. An amount of wins in basing? something, anything besides your opinion.

For example you could have said all squads have to play 5 games minimum and win 3 games minimum to qualify. If they play 20 games before they finally win 3, then they qualify still. Then if there are 9 squads, Paladen would face the lowest squad who also could only win 3 games, and the winner gets the 8th spot. So make actual qualification rounds... or some ladder... this would also vastly improve squad involvement and peoples basing skills.

Can even have it so the squads that qualify need an average flag time in all their basing games combined... so if Paladen did 10 games and their average flag time is under 1 minute, then they could never qualify because maybe you determine an average for good squads is actually at a higher value like 50% of their total games played, run the stats, and find something that is fair and a good predictor of what a top squad can do. Flag time ratio/percentage seems legit so far...

I suggest you guys make the appropriate changes for next league.
                            Last edited by Falconeer; 03-18-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Again I will say this is why I strongly fought the whitelist in ?go base, a public arena. If new players want to practice in ?go base they should be encouraged to do so and have an equal opportunity to play. It would then transfer into possibilities for new players to get interested and more squads in base to form but the same people and squads are always shutting out the growth of it by exclusion. I can terr pretty fair. Won 2 games with power as a starter terr with them and am 2018 twdtb champion.

It is true what falc said.. zero effort or communication before when we applied, just a flat out NO sent on closing day to us.
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X