X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ricko has been very upset past 3 days since i slapped him in twbd :/
    WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

If someone doesn't want to fight with me or doesn't like it, then don't fight?
      If you really believe my opinion doesn't matter then why do you care what I write?
      If your opinion is the one that is valued on these forums and valued by staff then all you have to do is say what you think about what I said without attacking me and leave it at that.

So in this case you would write: "I think having criteria to qualify for league is a waste of time when we have experienced players who can make the same decision"

In which case my argument would be something like it's not really a waste of time its just as fast, and it also ensures there's a quantitative system backing up someones experienced decision... in the future if you have a league coordinator who you disagree with you won't have a system that functions solely on their personal opinion.

If you just dislike everything I write, I'm literally really glad if you ignore me, head on over to the forum ignore and do it now. It's not pretend, I'm glad to fight, I'm glad when things are civil, and I'm happy when I'm ignored by people who have no interest in being friendly too since it saves me time to focus on other things out of the 20 hours I have to be here. I'll be on good terms with anyone who desires that, and in fact it's my preference not to argue. but if you don't want that then there's not much I can do. Go ahead and isolate yourselves from what you dislike and see what you want to see about me, I wont lose sleep over it.

Comment

Who is the falconer character in game? I?m really curious
        Geio> Down to chill and play that
        Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

How qualifications were announced: It was a slightly obscure post made by Undercut in the TWD forums rather than TWL. "TWL Staff will be using these ladders to monitor activity levels of squads planning on playing in TWL."

The implication is: if you don't play very many/any TWD matches in a division after the reset (or, arguably, if you perform very poorly), you shouldn't expect a TWL invite to that division.

You could argue that this wasn't made explicit enough. Yet literally everyone who has even a ghost's chance of competing seriously in TWL understands this. They would have understood this regardless of the forum it was posted in, or if there had been no post at all.

Unlike every other league in TW, as many have said, TWL is absolutely elitist and exclusive by its nature. As it should be. It is meant to be a competition of the absolute best talent of TW, period. To even qualify for TWL is supposed to be a kind of accomplishment.

If any squads receive a "force invite" based on an explicitly stated rule, it will bring down the quality of play for the entire league, and undermine the status of TWL as TW's premier league. Therefore it's absolutely essential that squads who will be unable to compete at an extremely high level in a particular division are excluded from it.

In the past this was accomplished by having squads qualify in TWD, and then taking the top X ranking squads by Y date. This was fine in the days of huge numbers of active squads (though it destroyed many smaller squads as everyone scrambled to put together the best possible lineup and sometimes stack even the bench with great talent).

That doesn't work now. Hell, it wasn't long ago that people were saying TWBD was dead. It's nothing short of a miracle that basing is alive and well again.

The 3 league ops came together to make a decision to exclude certain squads based on soft criteria rather than explicitly stated ones. Normally I'm all for explicitly stated rules. But this is one case where soft criteria are fine. Everyone understands the rationale here. We have very few chances to create a truly competitive experience for our best players, and the league ops have done what's needed to make sure this happens. Perhaps for the next TWL, we might be able to look at more explicit criteria. For this season, though, it doesn't appear that any great injustice has been done.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

qan

At first Turban said this, which is actually perfectly fine:
            Originally posted by Turban
            quads highlighted with green have accepted the invitation. We have rejected requests of Paladen and Sweet to participate due to not playing a single match in the league, and captain of Sweet told us in advance that they are likely not going to be able to round up a competitive squad.
            My response to this was basically that I saw Jessup asking how to qualify for league in another thread and no one ever responded to his questions. Jessup also verified no one approached him in game letting him know any information. I just think if I was a league coordinator I would be reaching out to squad captains somewhere well in advance of any deadlines.
            a) no one approached him because you've all written off Paladen already. Whether your ideas about Paladen are correct or not, that is not in my opinion a fair and objective way to run a league.
            b) part of this is exasperated by the fact that there is no website to announce this info, the old league data according to turban is outdated so things are being done through the forums.

Secondly Turban said this afterward as a response to the above, and remember my problem is not actually with Turban, I literally have nothing against him even though he dislikes me, my issue isn't with him but with what the statement represents about the way things are handled in league.
            Originally posted by Turban
            Sorry, but we have collectively decided that it would not be a smart choice to include these squads in this TWLB season.

Paladen has a history of getting absolutely demolished in every single competitive match, and despite their good intentions and willingness to participate, we felt there is not a single player who enjoys 15 minute clean sweeps. It is bad for both teams and leads into a lot of frustration.

Bottom line is this is the premier competitive league of our zone and is not as inclusive as you may think it is.
            When I was considering making a squad to enter into TWL for basing, I was explicitly told by Turban that even if six spots are open my squad likely wont be given the 6th spot because it would be bad and it's not fun when bad squads are in the league. A bad squad would only be given 6th spot maybe to make things even, instead of having odd 5 squads etc. All of this is fine and Turban was actually extremely helpful in helping me understand league.

1) So I want good squads in the league too, 1 bad squad with huge gaps of skill between it and other squads wastes everyone's time, similarly as inactive squads do.

The issue is that turban twice now implied that the decision to get into league is really solely opinion based. In other words, even if a squad does play the 5 game requirement they could be denied without any criteria laid out as to why.

So yeah, it's not fine to me to just soft decide who gets in or not when it's probably very easy to monitor and set up some basic criteria... it *is* a matter of semantics and principle as nothing would literally change, Paladen likely would still not qualify, but it's a fair way to do things...

And what I said is much what you said qan; it doesn't change much, no great injustice was done... which is why its perfectly acceptable to make the changes for the next league. I literally fucking said this 3x times to fix it for next league. So it's more about the attitudes/culture of the zone, in the long term its better to have criteria that the league players decided on, VS. nah we just think you suck.

Criteria that could be used:
            A minimum of 5 games played to verify the squad is active and can field players.
            A squad must be able to win 1 game against another squad?
            Average flagging ratio for the squad in all its games?
            ?? more ??

Then add the discretion/experience of the league staff on top of that, and you have a fair unbiased system.
            Last edited by Falconeer; 03-19-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for trying on our behalf falc.. fact is it is pretty much a click that runs leagues and this game. I said we could do a qualifying game vs other squad who was behind the game quota too to attempt to make base but no response even there. I think it is a shame we are not doing 8 squads in bd but it doesn't surprise me unfortunately. Originally we agreed the more squads the better when it comes to twl and how the growth of the game is connected to being inclusive this season but it's obvious some people running things do not want this. They rather keep people out than let them participate. The other leagues are doing better being inclusive but I really feel this elitist attitude has to go when it comes to basing. We could have made the games and participated and so could have wolf. I have multiple (over 8) people wanting to base on my squad but today I had to tell them all no which is sad.
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

man no one wants to play vs fucking paladen in TWLB. We can borrow in 2019 and Paladen has 0 games played. Why do you feel the need to always complain?

Comment

oh I dunno just because I have a squad with members who wanted to play and were not allowed.
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                    oh I dunno just because I have a squad with members who wanted to play and were not allowed.
                    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

So why not tell us right now your basing line with that roster.
                      Your squad wanted to participate so bad into TWLB but you could not play one basing match in the span of TWO months even with borrowing enabled.

good effort
                      FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                      #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

me terr or tada terr,

rekashi,cise and up in ya!! sharks

the rest spiders as we see fit.. wb skill mostly and dsb / eg experience helps decide
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

ps. I heard some wolf players wanna bd too.. don't think i'm alone feeling sad
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

how about a jar for your tears and some duct tape to shut the fuck up?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                              Thanks for trying on our behalf falc.. fact is it is pretty much a click that runs leagues and this game. I said we could do a qualifying game vs other squad who was behind the game quota too to attempt to make base but no response even there. I think it is a shame we are not doing 8 squads in bd but it doesn't surprise me unfortunately. Originally we agreed the more squads the better when it comes to twl and how the growth of the game is connected to being inclusive this season but it's obvious some people running things do not want this. They rather keep people out than let them participate. The other leagues are doing better being inclusive but I really feel this elitist attitude has to go when it comes to basing. We could have made the games and participated and so could have wolf. I have multiple (over 8) people wanting to base on my squad but today I had to tell them all no which is sad.
                              So how many squads were left out?

Wolf, Sweet, and Paladen? Could we maybe get a fourth squad going and run a mini amateur league for base? Get these guys some genuine practice so they can turn competitive later? Especially since they would have all wanted to base, pretty sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

So how many squads were left out?

Wolf, Sweet, and Paladen? Could we maybe get a fourth squad going and run a mini amateur league for base? Get these guys some genuine practice so they can turn competitive later? Especially since they would have all wanted to base, pretty sure.
                                Yeah man!!

Create the 4th squad like you said you were gonna do, get some players, get involved, get some games in!
                                and I will personally host the league with a 200$ prize!

let me know when you make it and recruit people

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE

Comment

Working...
                                X