X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Efhat View Post

Yeah man!!

Create the 4th squad like you said you were gonna do, get some players, get involved, get some games in!
    and I will personally host the league with a 200$ prize!

let me know when you make it and recruit people
    Problem is if i thought i could bring a squad reliably to TW i would have. If the zone had new players i would be the guy grabbing them up and training them, but we don't even have that. =/

Anyone I can recruit into a league would be old DSB contacts and some people scattered across other zones (maybe) like hockey zone/pro league/devastation. Maybe one or two people off my 150 subspace steam contacts... end of the day they would all be part-time players, I could get 8 to show once a week easily enough, but when you need 5 rounds of base to qualify that becomes harder to accomplish. i'll see what i can do though... was hoping to slowly build a team up by having people join the squad chat first and then get them rostered all at once for next league.

still the three squads left out of base could maybe get together and do some base games... especially since jessup is saying whenever certain people captain base all the vets leave the arena. maybe if paladen, wolf and sweet work something out you guys can plan and have your own base games at least.

Comment

y would you need a new league for that? if you're genuinely interested in basing (which you both obviously aren't), there's a league for that, it's called twbd. play your little hearts out, you can even use borrows and maybe use some exp basers to give yourselves a better chance to learn/compete.

as for now, as cripple showed with that screenshot, why would a squad that never even plays 1 game of twbd (even with borrows allowed) want to sign up for twlb to begin with? is it just because you don't want to feel left out, even if it's something you don't even play in? because i'm trying to understand what this is about, but just don't.

also there's no point in naming other squads as 'left out' of twlb, when they never even applied for a spot. Like Wolf actually played some bds unlike Paladen, but didn't go for an invite. I know Paky was trying to get some basers to join Wolf to build an 'okay' line, but when that didn't work out, he probably choose not to apply. if you really wanted to participate in twlb when twl got announced, you could -and should've done the same as him, instead of whatever this is..

Comment

If Wolf/Sweet are not ready to participate to make it an even number of participants, it makes complete sense to keep it at 6. As others have said, it is not like Paladen put in any effort into basing to put up with the headache of uneven number of teams just for them. Too bad us basers suck at organizing ourselves better into squads as 8 teams would have been doable with little to no serial benchwarmers.

Comment

Wolf is not interested in participating and neither is Sweet.

Comment

While I am not going to fight this anymore saying that wolf and sweet are not interested is possibly misleading. I first hand saw a few members say they wanted to bd on wolf at least. Paky dude probably understandably just made the call and saw the writing on the wall and decided not to persue it. Def people within the ranks of paladen and wolf wanted to base though. It is what is .. you all have fun. If anyone needs an extra baser let me know. I can terr and spider.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
              y would you need a new league for that? if you're genuinely interested in basing (which you both obviously aren't), there's a league for that, it's called twbd. play your little hearts out, you can even use borrows and maybe use some exp basers to give yourselves a better chance to learn/compete.

as for now, as cripple showed with that screenshot, why would a squad that never even plays 1 game of twbd (even with borrows allowed) want to sign up for twlb to begin with? is it just because you don't want to feel left out, even if it's something you don't even play in? because i'm trying to understand what this is about, but just don't.

also there's no point in naming other squads as 'left out' of twlb, when they never even applied for a spot. Like Wolf actually played some bds unlike Paladen, but didn't go for an invite. I know Paky was trying to get some basers to join Wolf to build an 'okay' line, but when that didn't work out, he probably choose not to apply. if you really wanted to participate in twlb when twl got announced, you could -and should've done the same as him, instead of whatever this is..
              yeah well that's what i meant they could use TWBD and the squad captains could make a league out of it, or just base at set times they decided.

sorry bad wording, i should have just said "not in" TWLB.

leagues are necessary sometimes because people feel like a system is in place, so it's less relaxed, people are more likely to show, someone already organized and put thought into it. they inspire and help with activity. why would we have elim tournaments designed by ogron? we can all just go to elim and play too. but it's because it's something to strive toward. if i was staff and tomorrow i said sweet/wolf/paladen you are all in a mini league for base, then chances are higher they would base and show up vs. leaving them alone.

and yeah inclusion is what it's about. a lot of you are in good squads or have a name you have used in trench wars for many years. again i say, for the 5th time now, make a new alias, and try and form a squad better than paladen without ever letting anyone know who you are. you have this view about your zone from the inside looking out, not the outside looking in. successful squad making requires recruiting core players, which is just not possible for everyone, only so many core players to go around, and if your a new name in the zone no core player is going to believe in you or lend their support by joining, nor will you have very many friends. alternatively if you're training a squad of pub and out of zone players it could take many seasons for them to get competitive since there are so many factors to juggle in 2019 subspace.

people on wolf, sweet, paladen, and people in pub, and other people who want to participate in league but cant find a way in at all, basically feel left out. these squads dont even try for basing because of harsh judgements and because people have written them off, which means some of the players probably feel demoralized about basing league in general. how active do you think demoralized people will be? how active will people be who feel they have to grind? i want to try and find a way to inspire players to play the game more, inclusion is what it's about because it's what grows zones. the more people basing the easier it is for them to qualify for leagues and to become competitive.

If 6 of the squads lost 1 pro player each, then 2 could have joined sweet, paladen, and wolf, and turned them competitive enough so you would have had 9 squads in base league. It's really sad that 6 people couldn't do this.
              Last edited by Falconeer; 03-20-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

ok with paladen not making league... what if some vets joined and were granted a cap to run paladen's basing line? I'm sure some past winners/best players would enjoy having a crack at the league on the bottom underdog squad. Give them cap power and let them invite their buddies who would probably get benched on another squad.
                lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

The problem many ppl seem to have is indulging falconeer as if he?s serious and not just attention seeking. I?m not a censorship type of guy- but maybe we should consider banning him as all of his posts are just faux-outrage, trying to bait people into mindless arguments.

On the point at hand, i did actually foresee the issue of the 6th qualification spot a week ago, and made a thread about it. Anyone who had any gumption or initiative could?ve done something about it (like Dudgeon did.) But I guess it?s easier to whine about stuff than doing stuff.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

How about starting a Ban Falconeer Poll? A vote of yes for ban, a vote of no for no ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

and yeah inclusion is what it's about. a lot of you are in good squads or have a name you have used in trench wars for many years. again i say, for the 5th time now, make a new alias, and try and form a squad better than paladen without ever letting anyone know who you are. you have this view about your zone from the inside looking out, not the outside looking in. successful squad making requires recruiting core players, which is just not possible for everyone, only so many core players to go around, and if your a new name in the zone no core player is going to believe in you or lend their support by joining, nor will you have very many friends. alternatively if you're training a squad of pub and out of zone players it could take many seasons for them to get competitive since there are so many factors to juggle in 2019 subspace.

people on wolf, sweet, paladen, and people in pub, and other people who want to participate in league but cant find a way in at all, basically feel left out. these squads dont even try for basing because of harsh judgements and because people have written them off, which means some of the players probably feel demoralized about basing league in general. how active do you think demoralized people will be? how active will people be who feel they have to grind? i want to try and find a way to inspire players to play the game more, inclusion is what it's about because it's what grows zones. the more people basing the easier it is for them to qualify for leagues and to become competitive.

If 6 of the squads lost 1 pro player each, then 2 could have joined sweet, paladen, and wolf, and turned them competitive enough so you would have had 9 squads in base league. It's really sad that 6 people couldn't do this.

wow this was a huge waste of time reading this whole thread since you were literally the only person making an arguement over this shit.

you have been in this zone for idk a year maybe? i'm sure you have participated in other zones as well but i have no fucking clue.

you are telling turban to set a system to be more professional when this game has had a pro league with a hard system in place for 15+ years and the one year were finally able to get a twl running, we got you to question the system. qan even said it, this was short of a miracle for this game to have an lb season going.

this whole paladen thing being a squad in twlb has been a thing for years, and still, what effort was put into it? you say its easy to pick up the strategies of basing yet you still aren't relevant.. even in hockey zone you're not but that's another story.. no one wants to join paladen to start a basing line to be forced to play with people that don't know what they are doing, it just doesn't sound fun and what sounds worse is playing them to get a free win and stomp them. as it was said many times, this is the premier league and to actually argue for a squad that put zero effort into the cause your arguing for sounds ridiculous. the captains of wolf/sweet knew better not to ask for an invite because it would be a waste of time and i would rather see either of them in lb than paladen to be perfectly honest, mainly because they put an effort into the twbd division now or in the past.

also, you aren't able to make an alias without getting alias checked and honestly it wouldn't be that hard to make a squad better than paladen on a completely anonymous name. if you are capable of putting up numbers in certain games, and this is the best time to do this since borrowing is now a thing, it really wouldn't be that hard to find a partner to create a squad with you.

just relax and stop lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                        The problem many ppl seem to have is indulging falconeer as if he?s serious and not just attention seeking. I?m not a censorship type of guy- but maybe we should consider banning him as all of his posts are just faux-outrage, trying to bait people into mindless arguments.

On the point at hand, i did actually foresee the issue of the 6th qualification spot a week ago, and made a thread about it. Anyone who had any gumption or initiative could?ve done something about it (like Dudgeon did.) But I guess it?s easier to whine about stuff than doing stuff.
                        I don't even know what in what i said would bait anyone into an argument... especially in the last post i said which was about three squads playing base themselves? is everyone here against a 400 or 800 player zone and i'm just not clued in or something? Instead of vaugley saying i'm baiting an argument, how about listing specifics points I made that were intended to bait arguments? And no I don't know why people are up in arms all the time, probably has more to do with your own ego than me.

Wouldn't be the first time I was banned for typing none racist/none sexist text, none rule breaking text for that matter. You talk about whiners? But notice I don't start threads whining about changing things in the game (aka Ogron and rab), I don't start threads asking for rematches/appeals, in all the leagues I ever played that could have been legally appealed and my squad could have won an appeal because it didn't matter. Match was over, fix it for next league. In fact that was my response here, fix some qualification criteria for next league. I don't make threads asking to ban people, I don't cry every time someone disagrees with me and tell them STFU. If you were apart of a minority opinion or from another zone, i wouldn't be raging for you to get banned or be quiet. And if I was in a league game I wouldn't even want blueout enabled, that's like putting a sound proof glass over the play field in a stadium so you can't hear the fans cheering or heckling. You guys are soft, can't even handle some guy who types who you can just ignore.. and no i don't care about attention.
                        Last edited by Falconeer; 03-20-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mean gene View Post

wow this was a huge waste of time reading this whole thread since you were literally the only person making an arguement over this shit.

you have been in this zone for idk a year maybe? i'm sure you have participated in other zones as well but i have no fucking clue.

you are telling turban to set a system to be more professional when this game has had a pro league with a hard system in place for 15+ years and the one year were finally able to get a twl running, we got you to question the system. qan even said it, this was short of a miracle for this game to have an lb season going.

this whole paladen thing being a squad in twlb has been a thing for years, and still, what effort was put into it? you say its easy to pick up the strategies of basing yet you still aren't relevant.. even in hockey zone you're not but that's another story.. no one wants to join paladen to start a basing line to be forced to play with people that don't know what they are doing, it just doesn't sound fun and what sounds worse is playing them to get a free win and stomp them. as it was said many times, this is the premier league and to actually argue for a squad that put zero effort into the cause your arguing for sounds ridiculous. the captains of wolf/sweet knew better not to ask for an invite because it would be a waste of time and i would rather see either of them in lb than paladen to be perfectly honest, mainly because they put an effort into the twbd division now or in the past.

also, you aren't able to make an alias without getting alias checked and honestly it wouldn't be that hard to make a squad better than paladen on a completely anonymous name. if you are capable of putting up numbers in certain games, and this is the best time to do this since borrowing is now a thing, it really wouldn't be that hard to find a partner to create a squad with you.

just relax and stop lol.
                          mean gene, i understand what you're saying... and actually appreciate you trying to talk instead of insult...

there are decent players like boogie who joined mighty cucks in hockey zone, and elevate teams with their skill, and experience. mighty cucks would have been 0-25 every game if boogie was not in net, and if we didn't have players like judge and nubby join us out of nowhere literally. if someone wants to volunteer to spread out to other squads then i only believe it would make more squads competitive and able to enter leagues, and that's fun for everyone... players who play beside a pro player learn faster how to play at a top level than those who are in a shit squad for 10 years who keep practicing bad habits.

i know some things in trench wars existed 15 years, but it being tradition doesn't mean it can't be changed... adding some criteria to qualify in TWL is not and should not be a big deal as people are making it out to be? so squads will need a certain average of flag time held, 5 games played, and at least 1 win to qualify. Pretty sure every squad who made it in TWL this seasons can achieve those things... yeah it's a more professional system... why not?

staff isn't supposed to disclose alias info... if they do report them and they will lose their jobs, its actually a serious infraction...

Comment

Are you guys done getting trolled hard? LOL. This guy was a nobody loser in DSB doing the same shit. Just ban / ignore and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jurassic View Post
                              Are you guys done getting trolled hard? LOL. This guy was a nobody loser in DSB doing the same shit. Just ban / ignore and move on.
                              You seem mad I stopped trolling or something.

Comment

Rab is looking for a basing squad
                                Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X