X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal #1 - Season 22

YES, 1st one in this season!

Appeal based on bot glitch.

turban> yes, the bot has a glitch where I was unable to promote Tiny when he entered to assistant
    Registered squad captains and assistant captains can substitute players by private messaging the attending TWLBot with !sub Player A:Player B.

I came in, and was registered for subs, best was lagging out, I tried to sub about 3x, bot did not respond. Zid, and ogron were playing in game and unaware the bot would not allow subs. I said it in spec chat, sent 3 help calls and finally got subbed in about 3 minutes after initially trying. # minutes is a big deal with someone lagging, as you can clearly see from lagout report. I was submitted as a captain and should have been in the bot. In a big game this is crucial. There is absolutely 0% chance this can be denied as they know the bot has an issue and Im sure it will be changed by week 2. Thanks and see you again soon Rage! TY

Beef 2019!
    #Drama
    #twl22
    Last edited by Tiny; 03-24-2019, 02:58 PM. Reason: Added Rule
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

y every thunder loss have appeal attached to it
    Big Chill

Comment

These first games need to be replayed. Jav games being scheduled at 6pm GMT is completely unprecedented. Daylight saving hours/new schedule conspired against many euro players, not least myself...
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

It's Sunday. Why not have games start at 12PM EST. A lot easier for people to wake up from a Saturday night adventure to play in TWL Sunday, then it is to ask our friendly euros to stay up past midnight when they have to work the next day.

Comment

some of the first games are definitely up for consideration to be replayed due to no assigned host and some bot errors.

however, to give a small correction to this appeal I answered the ?help call within seconds and gave proper instructions on how to get him substituted into the game. these three minutes are largely exaggerated especially when Thunder already had two players assigned to make changes. it did not change the outcome of the game, but I'm not in position to grant or deny this appeal due to being a part of the opposing squad.

Comment

Hey look, im turban...let me say...I can't vote, but im going to say some persuasive words to maybe hope I can convince my co-ops to not grant this. fuuuuuk u. Bot error. 3 mins in a lj match is an eternity. I would love to see the elapsed time it took from my first attempt on the bot and the actual sub. Best lagging and we're all spamming sub sub, under the assumption the correct captains that were given to twl ops would be in the bots, and I can only imagine that if im struggling in a match, and there is supposedly other people in spec that "Can Sub" that they would do it. You guys fucked up, replay the match. Ty for this.

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

For the league times, were the league players overall polled about times? were the two squads being scheduled consulted about times best for them? or is it just the league coordinators pick a time for all game types and if you can't get a show you forfeit the match? I feel like a more fluid system could be adopted for timing, along with two or three allowed reschedules a season based on both squads agreement. etc.

Comment

Teams can reschedule games by contacting TWL operators, but both teams need to agree to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                  Teams can reschedule games by contacting TWL operators, but both teams need to agree to it.
                  Okay that sounds good =)

Comment

I've pulled the logs from the matchbot, so we can discuss this without having to question exact times and events anymore.

Code:
                    24 Mar 2019 18:04:52 (MatchBot11) : turban > !t1-setcaptain Ogron
                    24 Mar 2019 18:06:04 (MatchBot11) : turban > !t1-pa zid < only ogron and zidane were able to sub this game
                    24 Mar 2019 18:09:30 (MatchBot11) : zidane > !addtime
                    24 Mar 2019 18:12:36 (MatchBot11) : zidane > !add bes       < game was already on its way according to some
                    24 Mar 2019 18:12:41 (MatchBot11) : turban > !t1-pa best    < attempt made to promote best to assistant captain
                    24 Mar 2019 18:13:32 (MatchBot11) : Best > !lagout             < game definitely started at this point.
                    24 Mar 2019 18:14:23 (MatchBot11) : Mythril > !sub myth:legion
                    24 Mar 2019 18:14:24 (MatchBot11) : turban > !sub myth:leg
                    24 Mar 2019 18:14:39 (MatchBot11) : Best > !lagout
                    24 Mar 2019 18:15:53 (MatchBot11) : Tiny > !myfreq
                    24 Mar 2019 18:16:05 (MatchBot11) : Best > !sub best:tiny  < this sub should've worked (first sub attempt)
                    24 Mar 2019 18:16:24 (MatchBot11) : Tiny > !sub best:tiny   < tiny wasn't listed as an assistant/captain so all sub attempts failed
                    24 Mar 2019 18:16:34 (MatchBot11) : shayde > !sub best:tiny < same goes for shayde
                    24 Mar 2019 18:16:56 (MatchBot11) : Tiny > !help
                    24 Mar 2019 18:17:01 (MatchBot11) : Tiny > !sub best:tiny
                    24 Mar 2019 18:19:05 (MatchBot11) : Tiny > !cap
                    24 Mar 2019 18:19:07 (MatchBot11) : Ogron > !sub bes:tin < moment of actual sub (3+ minutes later)

Comment

ty for bot logs.

Comment

Lets do some sleuthing here....

So the bot start at about 18:04:30 to :45 ish.......

Turban manually adds caps because the bot does not pull from a list that has been supplies as it should.

This should have been posted before first games started, and reason why many games might be eligible for a replay due to lack of communication from us and hosts not giving proper instructions.

We can currently only assign assistant captains to squads during the picking phase which means only players who are in the arena before game starts will be given assistant captain powers. If a squad wishes to give powers to another player in the middle of the match, they should send a ?help call or speak to the host.
                        There were some issues regarding bots this weekend in TWLJ and also a lack of hosts for first two set of games which is unfortunate as it greatly lessened the quality of games. These main issue was not being able to add assistant captains to squads after game had started, and this error was never properly communicated with the squad captains.

Thus any squad who wishes request a rematch or appeal their match result, within good reason of course, should contact a TWL operator immediately.
                        The clock runs for 5 mins..where zidane adds 2 mins....game starts at about 18:11:30 to :45 ish

Best is added 1 minute into the game where they have played 1 minute down a man. The game is far from out of reach

*Side Note* for people who just hate us, yes you could warn us for starting with 4 players

Best lags out 2 times.

I show up about 4 minutes into the game - Time Elapsed 5 mins of the game

Thunder is down I dunno, a safe assumption from my recollection with slight variance....6-8..high/mid 20s to low 30s? (This is also out of Turbans mouth(fingers)) Anyone who knows anything about twl, the game is not over.

3 people try to sub best, who I should add, should be able to sub anytime. We can not sub. None of us try to do !cap until I get a help response, by which we are then able to sub. So, the argument of "Did you not do !cap?" is moot. 3 people with plenty of league experience tried to sub and none expected to NOT be a (A) as we are all A's or C's on the roster. Let it be known, yes, turban did respond and try to help, and we obviously tried sub in, but it took 3 minutes and 2 secs from my initial sub attempt to get added in a 14 minute game. With someone lagging, to no be able to get in for 3 minutes, is plenty enough reason to warrant a replay. 2 of the best 3 teams playing each other and having 3 minutes of BOT ERROR (Or at the very least, TWL OP error, as you can clearly see from their own posts), fully warrants a replay.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Games not out of reach if there are problems for 5 minutes after the start...

*BUT* when things go wrong like this it's pretty detrimental to a teams moral, they would be losing for those 5 minutes and some may not even be trying or focusing because they are tilted/distracted by what happened or think a restart is required. By the time people actually get back into the groove of the game more than 5 minutes would have passed. It's just better when everyone has the same starting experience imo..

Have to remember moral/motivation is a big part of a game, experiencing tech issues the other team is not will affect this. Especially at the start of the game when expectations were high, and you don't expect to be losing right away. When tech issues happen at the middle or end of a match then you can better declare well you were losing anyway, or it would have made no difference.

Could opt to rematch, or just give Thunder the same tech issues for 5 minutes of their next match with this team lol.
                          Last edited by Falconeer; 03-25-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

i see now that i left out the !addtime from turban and the first from zidane, not like it really matters, but hey. rest are just !myfreq's and !add's. I left in the rage sub to clearly show the game had started at that point.

Code:
                            24 Mar 2019 18:05:35 (MatchBot11) : turban > !addtime
                            24 Mar 2019 18:06:17 (MatchBot11) : zidane > !addtime

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
                              Games not out of reach if there are problems for 5 minutes after the start...

*BUT* when things go wrong like this it's pretty detrimental to a teams moral, they would be losing for those 5 minutes and some may not even be trying or focusing because they are tilted/distracted by what happened or think a restart is required. By the time people actually get back into the groove of the game more than 5 minutes would have passed. It's just better when everyone has the same starting experience imo..

Have to remember moral/motivation is a big part of a game, experiencing tech issues the other team is not will affect this. Especially at the start of the game when expectations were high, and you don't expect to be losing right away. When tech issues happen at the middle or end of a match then you can better declare well you were losing anyway, or it would have made no difference.

Could opt to rematch, or just give Thunder the same tech issues for 5 minutes of their next match with this team lol.
                              man just STFU....

Comment

Working...
                              X