Specials in TWL-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dabram View Post

this is indeed the truth, and regrettably what happened once pandora first specialized in the 5 spid line. 1 by 1 all 'top' basing squads had to give in and stop using wb, jav or wb+jav vs 5 spids, or they'd have no real chance on a title anymore.

i loved basing when being able to cope and react better to the chaos was what separated great from good players. that chaotic part (caused by aggro terr / sharks / laggy jav / wb) is now obviously frowned upon, also seen in all the changes that were proposed.. to me it's great that now the terr got made very boring, simply because the wb was forgotten about as an option by these 5v5 spiders-brainwashed people in charge, it's now suddenly discovered as a serious option again. I applaud Ease for wb'ing in twlb, hope he does it every game and mvps finals with 10+ teks.

however i realize i'm from a dif era, now a minority and not relevant anymore. so i guess in due time changes will be made so the best shark-duo + 5 spids will continue to reign supreme!
    2dragons, most broken basejav ever to exist
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Can we block a certain someone from posting in here and every other TWL thread? Said person has never played TWL and isn't involved in the current season either, so is just eating up forum space.

Also, I'm not too bothered about having specials in base - WB has its advantages and disadvantages that it can actually be pretty difficult to play well with (only a few basers can actually utilise it effectively so shouldn't be punished for this).

I'm sure most basing games I've played in or specced that have had a WB or jav in has seen that special ship do pretty poorly.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Wb is strong in lopsided games, not two top teams. Pretty laughable to talk about captain vote as if that isn't biased at all, I wonder how people are going to vote who dont wb.

I'd like a captain vote to ban spiders who abuse their lag and rep ignore almost every other death. I think we all know who that is, the spid who shifts and bounces off walls every death

Comment

If it wasn't clear I'm not being serious, I'm aware I sound like a huge baby whining about having trouble dealing with spiders who lag. Eerily similar to a terr crying about a wb because it's hard to deal with in certain situations

Comment

All the changes to base, you might as well just have cheese make you a new zone and play there. Because if you change ship settings on top of everything ealse already changed this season, it's not TW.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
              Can we block a certain someone from posting in here and every other TWL thread? Said person has never played TWL and isn't involved in the current season either, so is just eating up forum space.

Also, I'm not too bothered about having specials in base - WB has its advantages and disadvantages that it can actually be pretty difficult to play well with (only a few basers can actually utilise it effectively so shouldn't be punished for this).

I'm sure most basing games I've played in or specced that have had a WB or jav in has seen that special ship do pretty poorly.
              You can block me, go in your forum settings and ignore me already instead of crying for mods to do it like a hypocrite who gets off on harming others by using mods as tools.

The mods have expressed they don't want rules or speech banned on this forum, I've asked them myself to have forum rules way before you were all crying about me posting.

Here is a reflection for you:
              Can you take pleasure in the success of others? What happens to you when you are in conflict with other people and have different points of view? Are you worried that being compassionate might make you appear to be weak or soft? If other people make mistakes can you be compassionate toward them or do you blame them? When people are in conflict with you, are you able to stand back and see their point of view and treat them with respect?

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                Wb is strong in lopsided games, not two top teams. Pretty laughable to talk about captain vote as if that isn't biased at all, I wonder how people are going to vote who dont wb.

I'd like a captain vote to ban spiders who abuse their lag and rep ignore almost every other death. I think we all know who that is, the spid who shifts and bounces off walls every death
                This is true.
                gotta say with these new settings you 'know' when a terr has a port or burst to defend himself. Hence why i am still against the change. Makes it kinda 'easier' to tek, especially for a wb. Ofc it matters how loopsided the game is.

Comment

Originally was all for the removal of specials from BD. I mean warbirds and javelins both have their own divisions to play in. Someone here made a good point here however (forget who it was), that all spiders all the time does get boring.

On paper spider should be able to wreck a warbird in 1v1, but in reality spider bullets are so slow it takes 2 shots to kill a warbird after it shoots from across the flagroom, which a warbird can easily dodge, or be repped. A skilled warbird can tank 3-4 shots and do laps around a spider then shoot it in the ass because of its energy regen. The oneshot kill should be left as that is what the warbird does, but either the mobility or the regen should be nerfed to compensate. Yes a top squad can handle it, but it really ruins basing for other squads.

Off-topic but, who is this Falconeer guy that never actually plays BD?
                  Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                  (10 seconds later)
                  rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                  P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Falc is a troll .. derails every thread

Comment

You guys derail threads i'm always on topic. I'll prove it to you whenever they implement forum rules and you all get banned for derailing/attacking me.

If your spider is not in mid-range of a wb, (so both of you at extreme ends of the flag room, so diagonal from each other in the flag room with one of you in tower) then chances are you can dodge the wb bullets fairly easily... flag room is pretty small though, you're almost always in sufficient distance to 1 hit kill a wb, or should be aggressive and press as a team to pin the other team.. so yeah.. i disagree...
                      Last edited by Falconeer; 03-26-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
                        You guys derail threads i'm always on topic. I'll prove it to you whenever they implement forum rules and you all get banned for derailing/attacking me.

If your spider is not in mid-range of a wb, (so both of you at extreme ends of the flag room, so diagonal from each other in the flag room with one of you in tower) then chances are you can dodge the wb bullets fairly easily... flag room is pretty small though, you're almost always in sufficient distance to 1 hit kill a wb, or should be aggressive and press as a team to pin the other team.. so yeah.. i disagree...
                        In case anyone was wondering how many squad basing games and go base games this prestigious player has played to give his input in basing and go against the opinions of players who have based for over 10 years. Here?s his prestigious resume
                        FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                        #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post

In case anyone was wondering how many squad basing games and go base games this prestigious player has played to give his input in basing and go against the opinions of players who have based for over 10 years. Here?s his prestigious resume
                          Did you think it was a secret? Maybe if base had more than 3 ships and wasn't boring.

Comment

If a team adds a warbird, add a warbird to duel it out until he changes? Isn't that what used to happen
                            Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post

2dragons, most broken basejav ever to exist
                              lagging preposterously yet the bot being unable to spec you is an advantage? whaaaaaa

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

the 5 wb line -final- threw out there once was incredibly entertaining for like 2 minutes

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X