Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reminder: daylight savings this weekend (EU/UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reminder: daylight savings this weekend (EU/UK)

as a friendly reminder, the European Union and the United Kingdom will switch to summer time on March 31st which is this coming Sunday.

what this essentially means is that all league games will start one hour later in these regions compared to last week as all our league times are scheduled around the EDT time zone, and for some genius reason countries have their daylight saving time on a different date.

in the future we should probably consider switching to coordinated universal time zone, also known as UTC, as it is a fixed time zone that never observes daylight savings time assuming the US does not get rid of their daylight saving time laws. the EU has already voted to abolish daylight savings and this change takes effect in 2021.

The website should take DST into consideration automatically. (can someone confirm?)

I agree that we should use UTC as a base in future.
    Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
      The website should take DST into consideration automatically. (can someone confirm?)
      I think it does, because the times were right for me last weekend, which was a 4 hour offset.

I have nothing against using UTC.

I have nothing against using server time either really. But it would be better if we called it server time rather than EST (because it's sometimes EDT). Perhaps we could have a server time clock in game like some other games do. EVE Online has the concept of "EVE Time", which is really just UTC, but it's less scary when called EVE Time, everyone manages to schedule using EVE Time just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        as a friendly reminder, the European Union and the United Kingdom will switch to summer time on March 31st which is this coming Sunday.
        What if you are not in the EU but in Europe? Why is TWL under inactive leagues. Will the appeal between Sweet and Paladen LD be granted yet? Thanks to daylight, we (sweet), had to rely on Riverside as a our 3rd added. While we had 10 people in the arena who 3:Riverside> YOU WERE IN THE ARENA, AND THEN YOU PRONOUCNE YOU'RE NOT AFK IN RED CHAT

TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
        X