Rab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    This is why there should have been 8 basing squads in TWL but some people who enjoy holding the idea that less=more when it comes to basing squads due to their elitist mentality are holding back the growth of the division. There should have been 8 squads , not 6.
    minimally you need proper criteria to qualify for basing league,

from there, it might be good to allow player trades throughout the season (similar to what hockey zone does), where basically if two captains agree to a trade it happens.. and often new players can also be picked up from the free players list through out the season. in other words rosters are dynamic and can change and improve as time goes on, squads can grow.

also no locks on traded players, they can play pretty much right away, or the game after next game.

people are worried the zone would cater to noobs and become boring, but i don't think there is no danger of that happening here or it leading to the demise of the zone or league either (this is not EG). so long as you keep in mind your goals and balance them.

P.S these are just suggestions.

Comment

This is why there should have been 8 basing squads in TWL but some people who enjoy holding the idea that less=more when it comes to basing squads due to their elitist mentality are holding back the growth of the division. There should have been 8 squads , not 6.
      Then you should have been playing bd with paladen and get some basers. Pretty sure turban and co wouldnt have denied you guys if that was the case. Now you hadnt proved anything that you would be able to show 8 people everytime. While in the past paladen has played twlb before, and forfeited there. So i am pretty sure everyone but you and falconeer accept twl staff their decission.

Comment

I'm just saying between Paladen and Wolf's rosters and the other players floating around who can't find a squad that there easily could have been enough players to allow two more basing squads this season.

Basers are doing their division no services being elitist exclusionary snobs. I've seen a pattern by guys like ogron leading the way doing things like calling 20 year vets "noobs" who are unable to base. It's hilariously sad and their self defeating attitude is why base is the least popular division and always has been.
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

minimally you need proper criteria to qualify for basing league,
          Have you not seen what the TWL qualifications were this season? People had to play 2 TWD games to be invited, that's it. There's absolutely no qualifications worth mentioning to get into TWL anymore. Jessup is probably right here. The only limiting factor is if there was enough activity to warrant 8 squads at the beginning of TWL.

I've seen a pattern by guys like ogron leading the way doing things like calling 20 year vets "noobs" who are unable to base.
          Clausehouse has always been a shit talker with no skill, so him calling anyone else a noob isn't really indicative of anything. That guy got 'good' (I use this term extremely loosely here) by proxy of literally 95% of the playerbase quitting while he didn't, not by his own merit. Don't pay attention to people like him, because let's be honest here and say if the old players remained, clausehouse would not be in any TWL ever.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

Then you should have been playing bd with paladen and get some basers. Pretty sure turban and co wouldnt have denied you guys if that was the case. Now you hadnt proved anything that you would be able to show 8 people everytime. While in the past paladen has played twlb before, and forfeited there. So i am pretty sure everyone but you and falconeer accept twl staff their decission.
            Well, I won't deny I find base to be a lag fest that I don't particularly enjoy but it has grown on me in the last 6 years. I think adding 2 more squads in this case for this TWL season where Wolf and Paladen had already signed up and committed their times to playing warbird and jav games right beforehand that it would not be that big a stretch to successfully achieve. I'm sure it could have been fine. Paladen completed twl seasons in the past without issue before too as I remember there were multiple issues that day that caused us an issue. It was late in the season when a win or a lose would not have mattered either way too. As I remember we had players who had to work and as I remember there was a wedding and another issue that happened. I honestly do not remember a forfeit either. We played it but were down like 2 players. This was BEFORE borrowing too.

PalaDIN though in TWDTB DID in fact forfeit because of the shit attitude and active sabotage my line of basers I picked had. Guys like Oderus Urungus ,an early pick for base had temper tantrums and did not show up ONE time all season for us. That was a frikkin joke and my friend Dave Brockie who I knew in real life would have been ashamed at that posers behavior lol.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I would have also thrown in a Spider performance (although probably not a very good one) if there had been a squad available. It's a shame there wasn't anything suitable really.

I hope Rab gets to spid. Looks like Dudgeon has a spot, as bram said.
              Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

clock is ticking for rab better act fast

Comment

Still very happy with the decision to not allow Paladen into LB.

Comment

Recent Pressure quotes.

"
                    Lot of ignorant people in here. Basically everyone who has commented so far are either completely irrelevant to TWLB 2019 or are on Thunder. What a surprise"

"Why are we allowing TWL-B to turn into pub... "

"Paladen vs Dudgeon is incomparable as i don't think Paladen has enough people on their roster who have been committed to TWLB for many, many years such that an argument can be made that they deserve to play. with all due respect, it's difficult enough to show on Sundays as it is, and as much as i'd love to have 8 squads i dont have any interest in putting in the effort to show on a Sunday just to shut out a team 15-0."

It is clear you operate with exclusionary bias and are one of the elitist snobs I refer too who are damaging the growth of the basing division and also are a troll to me who pms DURING TWL games to distract which is lame as fk.
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

While this is slightly off topic, one of the key members of Dudgeon contacted me in-game three days prior to TWL qualifications closing and asked what kind of requirements there were this season. They were extremely interested to participate in all three leagues despite not having any games played before the day of contact.

I informed Mikkiz, who was the person who contacted me, that while I trust their close-knit group of veteran basers and friends to show on a weekly basis and to also be able to put up a good fight, we would still require some additional effort from their side and thus I requested the squad to play some competitive basing games to show their worth within this small time window.

They ended up playing several basing matches and recruiting few additional members within these three days to strengthen their roster, and we extended an invitation to the squad to have six basing teams.

To be honest the qualification requirements were a joke this season when it comes to basing, and in my opinion any team who could not even reach the minimum requirement of two games should automatically forfeit their right to participate unless there was a really good reason for us to reconsider.

Now as far as Rab is concerned, he is a good baser and would be a valuable member for teams such as Marksmin and Dudgeon, and maybe even Spider. I hope he can find a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post

To be honest the qualification requirements were a joke this season when it comes to basing, and in my opinion any team who could not even reach the minimum requirement of two games should automatically forfeit their right to participate unless there was a really good reason for us to reconsider.
                        Exactly, they were a joke so no reason not to ask squads if they were interested who could field the players.
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

TWL isn't meant to be all inclusive... back in the day you fought to get onto those teams and to qualify in the first place, it's pretty similar to that period in basing right now with how strict the roster limits are this season and there being only 6 teams.

There are definitely some solid basers who aren't even on rosters right now which sucks but there were no viable options for a 7th team at the time and even now I'm sure there are barely 8 players who want to play LB and aren't on teams. People I know who want to base from what I've seen and aren't on teams: Rab, Lockdown, Rasaq, Afghan, Jessup, Unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Have you not seen what the TWL qualifications were this season? People had to play 2 TWD games to be invited, that's it. There's absolutely no qualifications worth mentioning to get into TWL anymore. Jessup is probably right here. The only limiting factor is if there was enough activity to warrant 8 squads at the beginning of TWL.

Clausehouse has always been a shit talker with no skill, so him calling anyone else a noob isn't really indicative of anything. That guy got 'good' (I use this term extremely loosely here) by proxy of literally 95% of the playerbase quitting while he didn't, not by his own merit. Don't pay attention to people like him, because let's be honest here and say if the old players remained, clausehouse would not be in any TWL ever.
                            Nah there's more qualifications than that, but they are unsaid. It's actually based on if TWL staff thinks your squad is good enough to compete. Playing 5 BD games is only there to test if your squad is active enough, not good enough. All i'm saying is to take league staffs opinion of what makes a good squad and make some criteria out of it. Some suggestions I had were to have a flag ratio in your TWD base games of at least 40% (so your team held flag in every game it played at least 40% of the time - can be less someone like Turban has to do research on what is viable). Or to have an additional criteria of winning 1 TWDB against another squad to prove your team is capable of winning.

Then lets say a squad plays 20 TWBD games, they passed the activity requirement long ago, but they never win even one game. But their flag average for all games was 40%. Then league staff can bring in their opinion, and say this team didn't meet any of the requirements, or this team met one of the requirements, but they have a lot of heart, so lets allow them entry. In this case opinion is based on something that compliments league staffs experience.

also Majorcrisis2 i accept TWL staffs decision, I just again for the 20th time now? think they need criteria to deny squads entry. Turban actually said even if paladen played the 5 game requirement there would be a slim chance they would be accepted still. I agree horrible squads should not get in, but make criteria so they have something on paper to work towards as a goal to get in.
                            Last edited by Falconeer; 04-05-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Jessup I don't see a single thing wrong with any of the statements I made that you're referring to.

Comment

well rip, this thread didn't deliver, ty to those who tried to help anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X