Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL Postponement/Push Back Dates Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean if you postpone matches every year because of the super bowl I think Easter should be treated the same.

Comment

Yeah should skip Easter weekend
      lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Easter is a long weekend. Usually that means people will go away / out of town, such as myself and I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

This is shit, we just missed a week and now wanna postpone another one? Jusy cancel the league, better than use excuse for Anything.

btw im appealing last week cause i cudnt make it.
          TWLD 2016 Champion
          TWDTD champion x 3
          Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

TWL has gone on too long? The TWL is bizarre to me, you guys smush all the games into a few time slots and play at the same time in a condensed league. It really is crazy to me. HZ doesn't even allow multiple league games to be played at once and teams submit preferred avails and they are played spread out throughout the week sund-thurs. That way people who actually like the league can actually watch the games and it's an actual zone event people can show up to and enjoy. I don't know why you think the activity would drop to an 'unsalvageable' level because the TW population is higher than HZ and HZ has supported a more complex and spread out league structure than TW with much less daily activity than TW has.

Comment

Isn't it kinda pointless anyway because only the playoffs actually matter?

Comment

@rasaq

i'm not insulting you for wanting to do things with your family on easter the entire day.... thats your option and you're allowed to do what you want. nice overreaction though, you're also terrible at this game so you're probably doing your squad a favor not showing up

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
                  but this twl is going to go on far too long
                  Why does it matter if TWL goes on for longer? I think TWL should be twice the length that it is now anyway.

I vote to delay the Easter weekend, too. And resume from week 4 on April 28th. With rosters being so tight I think we'd get a lot of no shows/complaints/appeals. Resuming on the 28th is cleanest.

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

"twl has gone on far 2 long"

what does this eefin mean? the regulir seasin is 7 weeks long and we haf had 3 str8 weeks of it with no stipige....

furthirmore risiq seems 2 haf jus wished death upon sum1 close 2 zidine irl so that she shows more appreciation 4 family time

furthirmore i personally will b presint for eastir becuz i cud b hebrew/not religious/dun vs cilibritions n dont care if u decide 2 run twl howefir if 35% + of twl playirs cant b presint because they haf commitmints on this holiday u cud pissibly regrit not vsink reschedulink

Comment

The season isn't even that long to begin with and more than half of you would also like TWDT to happen directly after TWL is finished with no break to keep up the momentum. You're not going to kill any moment we have right now as a player base by pushing games another week or so back. How is postponing a few weeks a disservice at all? Isn't logging on during the week to play TWD enough to satisfy your desire to play this game and chat with friends?

Comment

Pretty soon our entire weekend is going to be devoted to playing league matches. Work all week then enjoy the weekend by playing 4 matches of each division on Saturday, 4 on Sunday, so we can cram a 32 week season into 4 weekends and complain that the season is still too long.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post

Why does it matter if TWL goes on for longer? I think TWL should be twice the length that it is now anyway.

I vote to delay the Easter weekend, too. And resume from week 4 on April 28th. With rosters being so tight I think we'd get a lot of no shows/complaints/appeals. Resuming on the 28th is cleanest.

For exactly the reasons I put in my post, prolonged TWL kills activity
                          This is not my opinion this is a known fact.

Do you remember the end of last seasons TWL ? It was dead it took an emergency TWDT run with all the hype Ogron could muster to get levels active again.

Last edited by Attacks; 04-14-2019, 08:24 PM. Reason: Changes
                          British> my 18th tomoz $$
                          Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Postpone
                            1:waven> u challenge
                            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I'd like to see it being postponed too. Planning to spend time with family on easter. Me and old players are not kids anymore, some are married and some have kids and have responsabilities with their families. However, postponing or not, well, it doesnt rly matter because twl didnt start. These "regular season" games are only for noobs to practice and for old players, that havent played lately, to warm up/remember how to play this game. Twl start when playoffs start. Always been like that. However I still would like to play these pre-playoffs games because I need to warmup/ remember how to play well till playoffs, so when real twl starts I can compete with these guys that played unstoppable for decades and now, when the population of the game and the number of great players dropped 90%, they have the illusion that they are the best, HAHA. I stopped playing for more than 10 years,after winning twld, bcz some of these players were too easy, so I had to give them a decade to get better. Now they might be ready to play on a higher level of competition. Still,while they had a decade, I need some more weeks of practice so my brain can rebuild the connections it had inside it 10 years ago and then I can be ready to own these experienced noobs, like the sucker Racka that got so happy after struggling to beat me on my first elim in 10 years, HAHA.

Postpone it. It's easter.

- Caralho / Mega Newbie
                              Last edited by Cornelius; 04-14-2019, 10:18 PM.
                              Mega Newbie
                              TWLD Season MVP - 3 times
                              TWLD Captain/wb player Champion - Stray
                              TWEL wb and spid Champion!
                              TWLD final's chocker - 3 times
                              TWLJ bencher Champion
                              TWLB bencher Champion
                              Inactive Player

Comment

I just wasn't going to show for Easters but with all things considered and this topic being up for discussion, I think it should be postponed. For next years TWL, it might be worth having a 1-2 week break anyways around Week 3/4 just to give people a chance to spend time with family, not get burned out with this game and preferably if TWL takes place on Easters again, allow people a chance to spend it with family for the holiday.

Bottom line. Postpone for Easters.

-Ixa

Comment

Working...
                                X