Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL Postponement/Push Back Dates Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip Easter weekend especially seeing schedule already off track. Ty

Comment

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
      I'd like to see it being postponed too. Planning to spend time with family on easter. Me and old players are not kids anymore, some are married and some have kids and have responsabilities with their families. However, postponing or not, well, it doesnt rly matter because twl didnt start. These "regular season" games are only for noobs to practice and for old players, that havent played lately, to warm up/remember how to play this game. Twl start when playoffs start. Always been like that. However I still would like to play these pre-playoffs games because I need to warmup/ remember how to play well till playoffs, so when real twl starts I can compete with these guys that played unstoppable for decades and now, when the population of the game and the number of great players dropped 90%, they have the illusion that they are the best, HAHA. I stopped playing for more than 10 years,after winning twld, bcz some of these players were too easy, so I had to give them a decade to get better. Now they might be ready to play on a higher level of competition. Still,while they had a decade, I need some more weeks of practice so my brain can rebuild the connections it had inside it 10 years ago and then I can be ready to own these experienced noobs, like the sucker Racka that got so happy after struggling to beat me on my first elim in 10 years, HAHA.

Postpone it. It's easter.

- Caralho / Mega Newbie
      Wow I love this boy, give him what he requires.

Comment

The problem is TWL is only on Sunday. Why? Have it on a Saturday or something. People can get over it. As an American who now lives in Europe, the game is dead 99.9% of the time throughout the week, because the only time anyone is on at all is between midnight through 6 am here. Now you want to cancel the only day literally anyone outside of the western hemisphere have to actually play at a reasonable time, because some people have Easter breakfast, Easter lunch, Easter dinner, Easter dessert, Easter midnight snack, Easter Mcdonalds, Easter nap, Easter masturbation time, etc. If those people won't be home, then they can become adults and buy laptops to take with them. If they cannot make it at all, too bad. Welcome to the real world kids. I haven't been able to make TWL for like the past 5-10 years, so I demand you cancel every season I haven't taken part in, because I had a real life. It's not my fault you nerds never had obligations in the past, so it isn't anyone's fault that you do now that you're adults.

That said, I will make you all a deal. I haven't been able to play TWL seriously for like 10 years or so due to real world obligations like military deployment, a career, family, relationships, etc getting in the way, so we can cancel another week of TWL as long as literally all TWL titles since 2004 when I graduated highschool are struck from the record. If I couldn't make it due to real world obligations, then the entire league should've been cancelled. None of you have titles now.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Our original plan is to not have a bye week for Easter.

Only reason for us to even consider postponement as an option is because of the rather strict roster requirements put in place this season. In past seasons it didn't matter as much because squads had enough roster depth to get past an Easter weekend despite missing a player or two who had other obligations on that day. Historically speaking our leagues have almost never been postponed for Easter as only a small part of our player base actually celebrate this ridiculous religious holiday.

We want to avoid postponing the season by another week if possible, as two weeks without games is pretty rough for the zone, and thus it is perhaps a good time to give a reminder to our players. TWL has always allowed squads to reschedule their games to be played on another day, and as an example one of these days could be this coming Saturday. If squads wish to play on a different day then we are more than happy to make the arrangements.

In the past squads were allowed to schedule their own games and less than 1% of the league matches were proposed to be played on a Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
            In the past squads were allowed to schedule their own games and less than 1% of the league matches were proposed to be played on a Saturday.
            People only want to pick times they know the playerbase will be there to see them play, mostly due to egotistical reasons. Also, one squad could all be on board for a saturday, while another can just say no with zero consequence. That's why scheduling games that both teams have to agree on are largely always clusterfucks.
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

What are you talking about? Teams play at the same time and there are four games going at once. There is never really any playerbase to see anyone play (A massive flaw in the league in my opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post

I truly hope you lose someone close to you that way you can cherish moments that you should've spent with someone a bit more than playing this game. What a joke.
                Rasaq just re-read what you said, I kinda think I know what your trying to say, but wishing someone close to Zidane dead is not cool. I'd be furious if you put that statement about someome in my family/close to me.
                We all are entitled to different opinions but very rarely does things get personal on forums even with the most trollist of people.

I honestly think you should apologise to Zidane.
                Last edited by Attacks; 04-15-2019, 10:54 AM.
                British> my 18th tomoz $$
                Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Edited as Tax has sorted his spelling error so no need to shame him anymore.
                  Last edited by Ricko; 04-15-2019, 10:59 AM.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

People so rude

We all are entitled to different opinions but very rarely does things get personal on forums even with the most trollist of people.
                    My experiences to date have made me not believe this statement.

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Btw twl schedule is messed up enough. Can we just stick to the plan and not change anything else?
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                        furthirmore risiq seems 2 haf jus wished death upon sum1 close 2 zidine irl so that she shows more appreciation 4 family time
                        Why can't I stop laughing at this? Post of the year candidate for this line alone, imo

JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                          Only reason for us to even consider postponement as an option is because of the rather strict roster requirements put in place this season.
                          Isn't that quite a big consideration though? Best to settle this with a vote, I think.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

We can only vote after the season has ended.

Comment

I had no idea people did things for Easter. Must be an American thing.
                              Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

I eat chocolate eggs from February to May for Easter, I thought that was the whole point.

Comment

Working...
                                X