Week 3 Hot or Not and Performances of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 Hot or Not and Performances of the Week

Remember when week 3 happened 5 weeks ago? I'm only covering the games of the week or games that were interesting/significant. Blowouts aren't worth the effort. I might recap a couple of the TWLB matches later if people want them. Notable performances of the week in LD/LJ are at the bottom.

TWLJ - Rage vs. Spider
    Code:
    [TWLJ4]  Rage vs. Spider                    50 - 41                        07 Apr 2019 18:20:42
    ,-------------------,-------K----D---R1-R2-R3-R4---TK---Rtg--LO---Note------------------Time--.
    | Rage             /       47 | 41 | 22 14  7  4 |  5 | 551 | 0 | Win (+9)              12:46 |
    |-----------------'           |    |             |    |     |   |                             |
    |  dreamwin          <MVP> 14 |  5 |  5  5  3  1 |  1 | 133 | 0 |                             |
    |  morph                    8 | 10 |  3  3  1  1 |  1 | 102 | 0 | KO > aprix            12:32 |
    |  RaCka                    8 |  9 |  5  0  2  1 |  2 | 100 | 0 |                             |
    |  Rough                   12 |  8 |  8  3  0  1 |  1 | 120 | 0 |                             |
    |  turban                   5 |  9 |  1  3  1  0 |  0 |  96 | 0 |                             |
    +-------------------,---------+----+-------------+----+-----+---+-----------------------------+
    | Spider           /       36 | 50 | 15 11  5  5 |  3 | 357 | 0 | Lose (-9)             12:46 |
    |-----------------'           |    |             |    |     |   |                             |
    |  aprix                    9 | 10 |  4  1  4  0 |  0 | 101 | 0 | KO > RaCka            12:37 |
    |  bugs                     2 |  4 |  0  1  0  1 |  1 |     | 0 | KO > Rough            10:15 |
    |  Cape                     6 | 10 |  3  1  1  1 |  1 |  72 | 0 | KO > morph             9:32 |
    |  Commodo                 10 | 10 |  7  2  0  1 |  0 |  94 | 0 | KO > dreamwin         11:12 |
    |  Stayon                   0 |  6 |  0  0  0  0 |  0 |     | 0 | O6 > bugs              6:38 |
    |  Trasher                  9 | 10 |  1  6  0  2 |  1 |  90 | 0 | KO > turban           12:46 |
    `-------------------------------------------------------------------I=IN---O=OUT---#=DEATHS---'
    I love TWL. Look at these fucking lineups. The average userid creation date on Spider is 1992. Cape, Aprix, MHZ and Stayon were all in the TWLJ arena when merce was perma banned for being way too elite (flying through walls and shooting thors - Week 3 TWLJ Season 6, 1997.) As Rough is enjoying his life as a senior citizen in retirement, he was the only player in Rage's lineup who could reminisce with that level of PTSD.

The final score was about what Vegas told us it would be. Spider is full legends, but many of them currently function as old rust buckets. In the opposite safe, Rage is full of hungry and active elites who know this season either results in a TWLJ title or abysmal failure. Neither team should have an issue making the playoffs, which made this a decent measuring stick for both squads.

There were plot twists in the match. Members of Rage decided to conspire against Trench Wars' visionary, Turban, by sabotaging him to the tune of 5 TKs. Shortly after the matches, Turban posted the TWLB spider stats that cripple had been begging for since Week 1. Coincidence? You tell me.

Dreamwin (14-5) covered the 9 kill spread himself, dominating the opposition and countering the teamkilling assault on his co-captain. Rough (12-8) flashed his TWL Hall of Fame credentials and helped seal the deal as Rage forges closer to an undefeated TWLJ regular season. Stayon (0-6) came to the harsh reality that many inactive and returning veterans are facing, including myself. You have to practice to hang with this age's level of talent. TWL is back, and players have raised the level of competition in the scene accordingly.

HOT: Dreamwin (14-5), Rough (12-8)
    NOT: Stayon (0-6), Cape (6-10)

Footage of Turban, who assumed he had teammates. RaCka had a different strategy:

TWLJ - Paladen vs Monster
    Code:
    [TWLJ4]  Paladen vs. Monster                50 - 49                        07 Apr 2019 19:30:10
    ,-------------------,-------K----D---R1-R2-R3-R4---TK---Rtg--LO---Note------------------Time--.
    | Paladen          /       48 | 49 | 18 16  7  7 |  0 | 436 | 2 | Win (+1)              24:19 |
    |  afghaN                  12 | 10 |  3  3  3  3 |  0 | 130 | 2 | KO > Tripin           20:23 |
    |  destruct                 7 | 10 |  3  1  1  2 |  0 |  81 | 0 | KO > vys              15:16 |
    |  Jessup                   2 |  3 |  1  0  0  1 |  0 |     | 0 | KO > vys               9:45 |
    |  mad jack the pir         6 | 10 |  2  4  0  0 |  0 |  75 | 0 | KO > Tripin           13:00 |
    |  yeH               <MVP> 18 |  9 |  8  7  3  0 |  0 | 150 | 0 |                             |
    |  Zapata                   3 |  7 |  1  1  0  1 |  0 |     | 0 | O7 > Jessup            4:55 |
    +-------------------,---------+----+-------------+----+-----+---+-----------------------------+
    | Monster          /       49 | 50 | 14 19  6 10 |  1 | 398 | 0 | Lose (-1)             24:19 |
    |  Attacks                  3 |  6 |  1  1  1  0 |  0 |     | 0 | O6 > Tripin            8:46 |
    |  Lockdown                 5 | 10 |  1  3  0  1 |  0 |  75 | 0 | KO > afghaN           17:21 |
    |  Ricko                    7 | 10 |  1  2  1  3 |  0 |  79 | 0 | KO > yeH              14:08 |
    |  Skepsis                 14 | 10 |  6  5  0  3 |  0 | 111 | 0 | KO > afghaN           18:58 |
    |  Tripin                   3 |  4 |  1  0  2  0 |  0 |     | 0 | KO > yeH              24:19 |
    |  vys                     17 | 10 |  4  8  2  3 |  1 | 133 | 0 | KO > afghaN           17:13 |
    `-------------------------------------------------------------------I=IN---O=OUT---#=DEATHS---'
    Paladen and Monster proved you don't need championship contenders to cook up an instant classic. We might not see another 50-49 game for the rest of the season. Thankfully, porkject recorded the match and is broadcasting the footage in the hit HBO Series - TWL Rewind.

Some players wore superhero capes in the match. Others decided to dress in trash bags. Vys (17-10, 2 KOs) and Skepsis (14-10) showed their veteran prowess by going toe to toe with Paladen bright spots, yeH (18-9, 2 KOs) and Afghan (12-10, 3 KOs) while the rest of the players competed to set a world record for who could blow the most chunks. This game was essentially a 2v2 TWLJ match.

After 20 minutes of quality television, the game dwindled down to nothing but 9s left. Paladen hopefuls anxiously cheered on afghan and yeh while they held a 2v1 advantage over Monster's last hope, Tripin. Afghan's heroic run of (3) KO's was quickly put to rest after a careless mistake vs Tripin, leaving the final KO in the hands of yeh, the TSL legend who hovers 5 ms below the lag limits. This level of TWL intensity, stress and butt clenching is what makes deodorant and laundry day a societal necessity.

As yeh was clearly in the zone after dominating the entire match, he played chess with Tripin for several minutes until forcing him into checkmate in the bottom left of the map, closing the game with a savvy and unpredictable bomb that sent the raucous crowd into a teary-eyed standing ovation. Paladen fucking did it. THIS is why we Watch The Game.

HOT: yeH (18-9, 2 KOs), vys (17-10), Afghan (12-10, 3 KOs), Skepsis (14-10)
    NOT: Trash Bags

We placed cameras inside the Javelins for a closer look at the 49-49 duel between yeH and Tripin. Cuban Missile Crisis level of intensity:

TWLD - Thunder vs. Rage
    Code:
    [TWLD2]  Thunder vs. Rage                50 - 44                      07 Apr 2019 20:03:03
    ,-------------------,-------K----D---R1-R2-R3-R4---Rtg--LO---Note------------------Time--.
    | Thunder          /       50 | 44 | 15 13 17  5 | 558 | 0 | Win (+6)              25:33 |
    |-----------------'           |    |             |     |   |                             |
    |  Best                    14 |  8 |  3  4  5  2 | 136 | 0 |                             |
    |  Casket                   6 |  9 |  2  0  3  1 |  97 | 0 |                             |
    |  Ease                     7 |  9 |  3  2  1  1 | 109 | 0 |                             |
    |  Peru                    15 |  8 |  5  5  5  0 | 123 | 0 |                             |
    |  Raazi                    8 | 10 |  2  2  3  1 |  93 | 0 | KO > Flew             22:33 |
    +-------------------,---------+----+-------------+-----+---+-----------------------------+
    | Rage             /       44 | 50 |  9 11 17  7 | 385 | 0 | Lose (-6)             25:33 |
    |-----------------'           |    |             |     |   |                             |
    |  Flew                     8 | 10 |  0  2  4  2 |  95 | 0 | KO > Best             22:42 |
    |  LaSenza           <MVP> 16 | 10 |  3  6  4  3 | 111 | 0 | KO > Best             17:04 |
    |  LegionOfBoom             2 |  6 |  0  0  2  0 |     | 0 | KO > Casket           19:48 |
    |  Mythril                  9 | 10 |  4  0  3  2 |  86 | 0 | KO > Ease             17:47 |
    |  RaCka                    9 | 10 |  2  3  4  0 |  93 | 0 | KO > Ease             25:33 |
    |  Welt                     0 |  4 |  0  0  0  0 |     | 0 | O4 > LegionOfBoom      9:22 |
    `--------------------------------------------------------------I=IN---O=OUT---#=DEATHS---'
    It took 3 weeks for the TWLD favorites to compare lineups against one another. Both teams understood this was a statement match as the other contenders, Monster and Sweet, were conveniently off-duty and spectating the match with their notepads and magnifying glasses. Thunder managed to field their top lineup, as Ease commanded an executive order to add Raazi to their dueling roster at 11:59PM EST. Rage was missing beam and had TWLD hopefuls Turban and Dreamwin wondering why the fuck they weren't in the game. We decided to go with our proven TWLD veterans.

While TWDD remains a quality venue for practicing, it can never pretend to simulate what a true 5v5 TWL match feels like. Both teams were reintroduced to TWLD at the highest level, and as is often the case in these kinds of matches, each squad began slowly, reluctant to make early mistakes. This was going to be a 12-round heavyweight slugging match. Thunder is built to grind out these long games behind Ease's mastery of midrange, but he took a backseat to two of the most potent offensive players in history, Best (14-8, 2 KOs) and Peru (15-8.)

Rage has the raw talent and experience that allows us to manhandle inferior teams even without chemistry or quality teaming. While impressive, that's never been the recipe for winning TWLD championships. Our lack of cohesion would be exposed by Thunder, as they controlled the pace the entire game, neutralizing myself and RaCka from comfortably entering our preferred range of play. In maybe the most revealing stat of the match, Thunder managed to win the R1 battle 15-9, the 6 kill difference in the match. That's not how we're going to win games.

The match remained close throughout with both sides on high deaths as the match shifted to the endgame. LaSenza (16-10) mirrored the offensive onslaught of Best and Peru, but his dominance was cut short by Best at the 17 minute mark. I struggled the entire match to keep pace and was R6'd by one of Ease's 14bpm prayers shortly after, shifting the odds favorably for Thunder to close it out. Peru reached 8 deaths early in the match, but flashed warbird mastery and big-game IQ as he rattled off 7 straight kills without dying once while heavily targeted. That kind of performance is what inspires statues. My kind of performance inspired this: [Apr 09 17:45] Rough: hi, you havent logged on since sunday...thunder been practicing nonstop since then

Rage was unable to KO a single player on Thunder, and RaCka and Flew were the only players on the team who managed to hold pace. With Welt and Geio fueling the loss with a combined 2-10, Rage was forced to tap out against the superior teaming and clutch play of Thunder, sending us back to the drawing board. We'll meet again.

HOT: Best (14-8, 2 KOs), Peru (15-8)
    NOT: Welt/Geio (2-10), Mythril (9-10)

LaSenza, realizing he isn't in elim anymore:

TWLD: Monster vs Thunder
    Code:
    [TWLD4]  Monster vs. Thunder             50 - 43                      07 Apr 2019 20:52:59
    ,-------------------,-------K----D---R1-R2-R3-R4---Rtg--LO---Note------------------Time--.
    | Monster          /       50 | 43 | 13 21 14  2 | 562 | 0 | Win (+7)              20:17 |
    |  Attacks                 11 |  9 |  4  6  1  0 | 124 | 0 |                             |
    |  Ricko             <MVP> 14 |  8 |  5  5  3  1 | 136 | 0 |                             |
    |  Skepsis                  5 |  8 |  1  1  2  1 |  87 | 0 |                             |
    |  Tripin                  11 | 10 |  2  5  4  0 | 105 | 0 | KO > Ease             18:42 |
    |  vys                      9 |  8 |  1  4  4  0 | 110 | 0 |                             |
    +-------------------,---------+----+-------------+-----+---+-----------------------------+
    | Thunder          /       43 | 50 |  9 16 15  3 | 455 | 0 | Lose (-7)             20:17 |
    |  Best                     8 | 10 |  3  2  3  0 |  89 | 0 | KO > vys              20:17 |
    |  Casket                   7 | 10 |  1  2  3  1 |  80 | 0 | KO > Ricko            16:09 |
    |  Ease                     9 | 10 |  1  3  5  0 |  99 | 0 | KO > Attacks          18:48 |
    |  Peru                    14 | 10 |  4  8  2  0 | 110 | 0 | KO > Attacks          19:05 |
    |  Raazi                    5 | 10 |  0  1  2  2 |  77 | 0 | KO > Ricko            19:15 |
    `--------------------------------------------------------------I=IN---O=OUT---#=DEATHS---'
    Thunder, entering the match with full confidence after beating Rage, would match up against the other title contender, Monster, in an opportunity to claim their position as the favorite in TWLD. Monster, even without reigning TWLD Champion Iron Survivor, would have their own statement to make. Both teams play a similar pace. Both teams have legends with plenty of big game experience. Both teams play with outstanding teaming and a healthy amount of activity. But unfortunately for Thunder, only one of these teams has met up in London for green smoothies and tuna sandwiches.

This was another grind out match that stretched beyond a TWDD time limit. If you haven't heard, TWL IS FUCKING BACK. Ricko (14-8, 2 KOs) led his team, MVPing in dominant fashion and knocking down the first domino, Casket (7-10), opening the advantage for Monster to overwhelm Thunder with superior numbers. With Vys and Skepsis applying pressure and stirring chaos, the balanced teaming of Monster's lineup was too much for Thunder to stave off. Peru (14-10) was on pace for a repeat performance, but his teammates weren't able to provide support as nobody else reached 10 kills. Raazi (5-10) proved it's probably a good idea to log on more than once every 9 months.

Attacks (11-9, 2 KOs) closed the door on any hope of a Thunder comeback, knocking out Ease and Peru with back-to-back bullets. Get #fucked. Also, Tripin (11-10) is fucking owning this season. That was an awful game by his current standards. Skepsis (5-9) struggled to play up to his standards, but everyone else in the lineup played well enough to close out the big win.

Thunder beat Rage. Monster beat Thunder. That logic says Monster is the favorite, but we all know it's never that simple. These are only one round games. It's still way too early. Monster will meet Rage next week (depending on if TW ever comes back) to determine if they should be considered as the top contender. But as it currently stands, I think Monster has the best teaming of any TWLD squad. Thunder is a close second. Rage is a distant third. After week 3, I think we can at least say that. I don't even know where the fuck to put Sweet on the spectrum. But without a blowout between the big 3 TWLD squads, the landscape didn't change that much. We'll see who's closer to championship form in the last half of the regular season. Good show boys.

HOT: Ricko (14-8, 2 KOs), Attacks (11-9, 2 KOs)
    NOT: Raazi (5-10), Casket (7-10)

Here's Ricko entering his office after telling his girlfriend he's going to play a few casual subspace matches with his online friends:

Notable TWLJ Performances:

Singer (11-3, 2 KOs) vs. Monster
    dreamwin (14-5) vs. Spider
    JAMAL (13-4, 2 KOs) vs. Paladen
    Ease (13-1) and Kado (14-6) vs. Wolf
    Thunder 50-13 vs Wolf....................... ? is that a record?
    Skyforger (13-5, 2 KOs) vs. Wolf
    Kado (14-9, 2 KOs) and zidane (12-3, 2 KOs) vs. Paladen
    Aprix (14-6) vs. Spastic
    Ease (16-7) vs. Dudgeon
    Ardour (11-2) vs. Wolf
    vys (17-10, 2 KOs)

HOT PERFORMANCE OF THE WEEK:

yeH (18-9, 2 KOs) vs. Monster, leading and inspiring playoff hope for the ancient Paladen in a clutch 50-49 victory. KJW would be proud.

Notable TWLD Performances:

Ardour (15-7) and Singer (11-1) vs. Spastic
    Best (14-8, 2 KOs) vs. Rage
    LaSenza (16-10) vs. Thunder
    Ra (13-4) and Ease (12-3) vs. Dudgeon
    LegionOfBoom (13-4) and Mythril (13-6) vs. Paladen
    Attacks (16-4) vs. Sweet
    Paky Dude (19-10 in a fucking loss) vs. Marksmin
    Ardour (14-9) and Singer (12-4, 2 KOs) vs. Wolf
    Thrill (12-4, 2 KOs) and vagabond (10-0 ace) vs. Dudgeon
    Burnt (14-10, 2 KOs in a loss) vs. Paladen
    Caralho (13-7, 3 KOs) and Jessup (11-1) vs. Wolf

HOT PERFORMANCES OF THE WEEK:

Ricko (14-8, 2 KOs) vs. Thunder, MVPing with clutch knockouts to lead his team to a huge victory.
    Peru (15-8) vs. Rage, reaching high deaths early and then putting on a clinic in the clutch, finishing the game on a 7-0 run that stretched for over 10 minutes.
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

If it will get writeups we should skip a week of TWL more often. Nice job.

Comment

That #getfucked hashtag in the hon for thunder/monster game got me dead.... myth for president! Solid write up man!

Comment

Huge work, LaSenza's gif made me laugh, can't wait to watch my first ever TWL.

Comment

Good writeup mythril.

Just a shame I won't be able to Vs you guys due to the push back.
          Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

one of most powirfil write ups i efir c ty 4 doink this howefir there is no way this could haf takin less than 3-15 hrs to vs plz dont put ursilf through this efir again unless u haf torn acl n arent apil 2 moof

Comment

Awesome write up dude
              British> my 18th tomoz $$
              Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                one of most powirfil write ups i efir c ty 4 doink this howefir there is no way this could haf takin less than 3-15 hrs to vs plz dont put ursilf through this efir again unless u haf torn acl n arent apil 2 moof
                According to typeracer.com, I rank in the 99.8th percentile of fastest typers on planet Earth. Athletic with the fingers. Gifted.
                PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

I can't help but feel some animosity towards me with that #GetFucked. Either way, nice write-up $

Comment

#getfucked Peru, is where someone closes the door or means no nonsense. A few funny vids about it on youtube. Doesn't mean get fucked literally, plus anyway I originally thought the get fucked was about me anyway.
                    British> my 18th tomoz $$
                    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

great write up and glad someone has taken up the mantle, cheers Myth!
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

cant think of nething fakir than ppl who say cheers probably in my top 3 pet peefs alonk w/ close talkirs and ppl who train legs that think its ok 2 basically wear a diapir @ the gym such as this individuil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4W0GdPn2qw

Comment

cheers is a pretty common term here in the UK and people use it pretty equally to 'thanks'.
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post

According to typeracer.com, I rank in the 99.8th percentile of fastest typers on planet Earth. Athletic with the fingers. Gifted.
                            I confirm this as a fellow 99.8th percentilist. Slightly slower than myth though
                            Riverside> engi next time you talk like an idiot
                            7:Riverside> need 2 jack off asap wut website i use?
                            7:Riverside> sigh y u talking about cumming :/

7:Jones> dude have you ever read anything about chia seeds
                            7:Jones> hemp seeds have like 4Og protein per 1OOg
                            7:Jones> 35g protein 47g fat
                            7:Jones> or putting hemp/chia seeds in a glass of water
                            (Cres)> its like they have no other food

Comment

am aware its a commin term howefir am willink to bet my life savinks that 95% of ppl who sign off emails/posts with cheers haf nefir run a 40 yird dish in undir 6 secinds

Comment

Working...
                              X