No announcement yet.

Next TWDT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this cause us to lose 6 stars and hardly use 7 stars again? If so I am against it. People want a 10 10 8 8 6 line or 10 9 9 8 6 lines? Seems like again this format will exclude middle tier players which is why people were mad last season. I am concerned.

This is why I feel we should do 6 vs 6 in twdtd and twdtj
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Make the map, test it out and get others on board then I think we may have a discussion on if it's viable for an event or league.

Comment

We do not need a new map in wb and jav for 6 vs 6 .. there is already plenty of info using wbduel and javduel feature that allows staff to add 6's and 7's to games. It's been done plenty of times already and runs smoothly. Staff can run some more too in case by some slim reason no one has ever tried it before. I'll be there to play in the 6 vs 6 test wbduel and javduel games if I'm on too. It works and is basically the same as 5 vs 5 except more exciting. You've never tried it or? Confused at this statement saying we need new maps before a discussion can be made and talk of events and leagues? This is for TWDT league.
        Last edited by Jessup; 05-18-2019, 04:55 AM.
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Im guessing from your response then plenty of people have tried 6v6 and so forth have not liked it since it would be a common feature on the wb/javduel bots. So with previous stats on the topic i don't think many want 6v6 for fun games let alone the new status quo for team size in a league match.

Comment

It has to be overridden by staff capable of doing the commands and since the zone is pretty dead when it comes to wbduel and javduel these days it is rarely used. The games are not really different at all. Just a little more action packed in my opinion. People did it often and enjoyed it when games were more frequent and staff members who were willing did the commands. It would allow MORE people to play twdt too which is a good thing. That is the whole point of me pushing this idea. You should try it, It sounds like you never have. 1 extra player is fun and the balance of games is not ruined by it at all. I'm just trying to get more players included to play twdt. No one said anything about making this the norm and status quo all for leagues like twl or twdd.
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Probably no reason not to allow 6s in dd/jd or wb/javduel if teams can field it, and see how it plays?
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

The javduel and wbduel settings should just make it so that everyone can add up to 6v6 that way it gets tested.
                In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

yeah do that, good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                    We do not need a new map in wb and jav for 6 vs 6 .. there is already plenty of info using wbduel and javduel feature that allows staff to add 6's and 7's to games. It's been done plenty of times already and runs smoothly. Staff can run some more too in case by some slim reason no one has ever tried it before. I'll be there to play in the 6 vs 6 test wbduel and javduel games if I'm on too. It works and is basically the same as 5 vs 5 except more exciting. You've never tried it or? Confused at this statement saying we need new maps before a discussion can be made and talk of events and leagues? This is for TWDT league.
                    You only want more players in, because your strays have more chance to hit. Wb 6v6 might be possible yea, but jav is crowd enough with 5v5. You are so dumb to see that a dominating team would make 6s even worse. For example spawning ppl out will be even easier. There is a reason why no one but noobs like you wanted to play with 6 or 7 in javduel. Ask any good jav and they most likely refuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

You only want more players in, because your strays have more chance to hit. Wb 6v6 might be possible yea, but jav is crowd enough with 5v5. You are so dumb to see that a dominating team would make 6s even worse. For example spawning ppl out will be even easier. There is a reason why no one but noobs like you wanted to play with 6 or 7 in javduel. Ask any good jav and they most likely refuse.
                      Gaslight more dude. I brought the idea up to help encourage twdt to grow and get more people interested and showing up to play. Spawning may be somewhat of an issue so if we had to we could make area below base a little bigger.

I get r4's and r'1's like everyone too when I play. I'm not trying to bring anything into the equation about my style or how good I am. More people playing is what I'm shooting for.
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Why is no one into using my idea using 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7 DD and JD matches for next TWDT? You want more room for vets AND lower stars this is the answer imo. 10 vs 10 basing is an answer too to be more inclusive. Insane intense gaming too with teaming even more important to be winners. Super excitement doing this is possible. More people playing = more interest = more hype.
                        I'm all for innovation, but only when it's attached to good and practical ideas. This sounds dreadful. More players in the game would create something unrecognizable and would essentially become a brand new league. The shift from 4v4 to 5v5 gameplay in wb/jav is already a massive difference. Anything more than that would feel like an unnecessary gimmick. And tell me when and where you plan on having your draft team practice a 7v7 or 10v10 match? It's not happening, which forces everyone into figuring out how to play together in the new format during official league matches. No thanks. I would predict it wouldn't take longer than the first week of games for the playerbase to whip out their pitchforks and wonder how the fuck that decision happened.

There was an inclusion problem last year, yes. But it wasn't because we couldn't add more players than any other league has allowed prior. The solution is painfully obvious and simple, and I'm not sure how you haven't landed on it yet. You just need more teams. People like yourself sat on the bench in large part because too many people signed up right before the deadline and we didn't have the time to compensate with more captains.

Adding two more teams last season would have allowed far more players to participate than your idea. More importantly, it wouldn't have ruined the integrity of a game where 40+ leagues and thousands of TWD/wbduel/javduel/base matches have set the standard for expected gameplay in Trench Wars for the last 20 years.

Why do we need to throw the twdt equivalent of a behind-the-back hail mary pass to run the next season? We have 180+ people logging on every Sunday to play in TWL, which is historically an inactive league. Assuming we get a competent and respected player to run the show, it's going to be a success. I agree it should be announced soon, since many players will be knocked out of TWL in the coming weeks and will be looking for an incentive to continue logging on. Also strong vote for +2 to wb/jav lineup caps.

I don't see a reason to even test this idea, but maybe I'm too stupid to see the overwhelmingly convincing argument that Jessup has laid out here.
                        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post

I'm all for innovation, but only when it's attached to good and practical ideas. This sounds dreadful. More players in the game would create something unrecognizable and would essentially become a brand new league. The shift from 4v4 to 5v5 gameplay in wb/jav is already a massive difference. Anything more than that would feel like an unnecessary gimmick. And tell me when and where you plan on having your draft team practice a 7v7 or 10v10 match? It's not happening, which forces everyone into figuring out how to play together in the new format during official league matches. No thanks. I would predict it wouldn't take longer than the first week of games for the playerbase to whip out their pitchforks and wonder how the fuck that decision happened.

There was an inclusion problem last year, yes. But it wasn't because we couldn't add more players than any other league has allowed prior. The solution is painfully obvious and simple, and I'm not sure how you haven't landed on it yet. You just need more teams. People like yourself sat on the bench in large part because too many people signed up right before the deadline and we didn't have the time to compensate with more captains.

Adding two more teams last season would have allowed far more players to participate than your idea. More importantly, it wouldn't have ruined the integrity of a game where 40+ leagues and thousands of TWD/wbduel/javduel/base matches have set the standard for expected gameplay in Trench Wars for the last 20 years.

Why do we need to throw the twdt equivalent of a behind-the-back hail mary pass to run the next season? We have 180+ people logging on every Sunday to play in TWL, which is historically an inactive league. Assuming we get a competent and respected player to run the show, it's going to be a success. I agree it should be announced soon, since many players will be knocked out of TWL in the coming weeks and will be looking for an incentive to continue logging on. Also strong vote for +2 to wb/jav lineup caps.

I don't see a reason to even test this idea, but maybe I'm too stupid to see the overwhelmingly convincing argument that Jessup has laid out here.
                          This ^. Thank you Mythril. Was going to elaborate more but fuck it, you did great here.

-Ixa

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post

maybe
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I seriously doubt that 8 twdt squads are possible this year the way activity is in a downward spiral again.
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I seriously doubt that 8 twdt squads are possible this year the way activity is in a downward spiral again.
                                I agree. The only way it will happen is if ogron hypes it up like he used to or like mythril did.
                                In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                                twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                                twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Working...
                                X