No announcement yet.

Next TWDT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also like to refute the cynical nature and points in Mythril's post that 6 vs 6 (which is what I was pushing since my second post here because it is less drastic) would make twdtd and twdtj this unrecognizable play which would create a brand new league. TWDD has 3's 4's and 5's so why can't Twdt allow 6's for wbs and javs. The notion this would ruin the integrity of the entire past of subspace and is some hail mary pass to me is laughable. It has already been done many times in wbduel and javduel and it works fine. It is in no way the fail picture he is painting. Would the dynamic change a little? Yes but not to the point of it being unplayable by any means. Not even close to unplayable. The idea is very doable in my opinion.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
      TWDD has 3's 4's and 5's so why can't Twdt allow 6's for wbs and javs.
      You don't see the difference between decreasing the number of players and increasing them? One works fine all the way down to 1v1, and the other begins breaking down the fundamentals of the team game.

We disagree that more players would be, in your words, "insane intense gaming" and "super excitement." I think it would be trash. Any gains from having more players participate would be outweighed by how shitty of a league TWDT would become. Your idea would just force more players to join in on the torture.
      PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
      ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

I'm glad it is Jessup that brings the idea of 6's and 7's because it is a horrendous idea, as usual all the community goes against him and it's good. However we should allow this in jav/wb duel for fun, since TWD is the training zone it is useless to keep jav/wb duel at 5's. Best idea is Mythril's idea, increase the league to 8 teams, however I disagree concerning the +2* because this would allow team to concentrate on a single division. Plus with 8 teams only 1 leaguers would allow to play with more than 40*, best players are more scattered during draft, so it's useless. My opinion is just to allow 8 teams, as Mythril proposed.

Comment

Go for 8 teams then but I totally disagree with your assessment about 6's. It is not a bad idea and you guys are ridiculous to act like 6's wouldn't work. I try and help and get insulted. Go for your 8 team strategy and see how it works out . This idea will flop as bad as Myths 2 vs 2 league he attempted I predict and cause way more forfeits and borrows and be a complete shit show. Have at it.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Anyone willing to step up to run TWDT?
            Last edited by ogron; 05-27-2019, 03:16 AM.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
              Anyone willing to step up to run TWDT?
              To be completely honest, you were always the best at it. There's not a whole lot of trustworthy people that could run it as well as you did, and if you add in time constraints, time zone differences between America and the rest of the world, etc, then the pool of possible people lowers drastically, and it's not like the active playerbase is very large as it is.
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

What's the list of things someone who runs it needs to do?

Comment

Getting caps (definitely hardest thing in recent seasons)
                  Getting enough signups/generating interest
                  Scheduling
                  Communication with staff about hosts
                  Copying old rules or slightly modifying them
                  Dealing with drama about ratings and appeals

Comment

+Ratings

Comment

Some dev things we need:
                      - make sure the twdt bot is ready to accept !signup for the new season
                      - unpin/archive threads in the twdt forum section

Comment

We need to know generally when this TWDT is going to take place.
                        I'd be tempted to volunteer to run it, but I know I'm going to be away for 3 weeks at some point, so maybe that means I can't do it.

Comment

Some things the person who runs it needs to get started:
                          - forum moderator permission in the twdt section
                          - twdt bot permission to see signups
                          - to make a signup thread, and regular zoners
                          - to make a google sheet for signups and ratings and collate signups there; make a thread for people to post ratings change suggestions
                          - staff volunteers to run the matches, and ideally permission to do this themselves

Then when we know we have enough players:
                          - update the rules, myths rules with +2 to each star limit
                          - choose the caps, get team names from them
                          - randomise the draft order, ideally video it for youtube so people can check you didn't cheat
                          - schedule the draft, avoid US/EU holidays + major US sports events
                          - post a season schedule, avoid US/EU holidays + major US sports events

Then after the draft:
                          - update the twdt website (wirah) with schedule, teams, blank standing, blank stats
                          - get volunteers for hot-or-not for each division; optional: videos, gifs

Then during the season:
                          - deny all appeals for the lulz
                          - keep notes of everything that happens, so at the end of the season you can post a thread with suggestions for the next person who runs it

Comment

Dont see why you couldn't run it, as long as your there for the start to get it off the ground. You would have another op or two to help also

Comment

Starting it up is the hardest thing, once it's done, it's just ensuring games are started and scores are posted.
                              Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Let's go go go %104
                                Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Working...
                                X