Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allow rab dean of tw

Comment

I like the idea of 6vs6 for twdt for the dueling divisions. It should be a different league. It already just feels like TWL but forced random teams.
      Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
      TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

In all honesty, there is probably not going to be another twdt anytime soon. Community is intent on the zone dying after TWL it seems. I've tried to get TWDT going but everyone I've sought to help out on this endeavor has politely shunned me off. I expected that much so am not surprised, just sad. I won't bother saying names but I did seek the help of a couple staffers and basically was told "don't worry about it" "it might happen later, maybe not". I thought having a in-game announcement on how TWDT was coming back would be nice but it seems Mafia takes precedent over it currently and for as for setting up ?go twdt's bot to accept !signups and log them for entry no one wants to activate it since TWDT isn't happening now or to my understanding, anytime soon . So there we go.

My hands are absolutely tied on what I can do here and without anyone stepping up there is slim to no chance TWDT is going to take place anytime soon. Waiting until TWL is over to announce TWDT is a very bad idea too, we'll lose lots of folks, so if that's the case Jessup and others may get their wish after all and have 6v6, 7v7, ect games since they'll be running it when there are only 30 people left playing anyways. At that point, who cares what the league is called, it's a far cry from what it supposed to be. May as well just bring TSL back for those people and let TWDT die on a successful note. If we can't have a sensible, fun, competitive TWDT, myself and many others have no interest in participating. Cheers.

Comment

qan please can you comment on the twdt bot situation? It's the first thing we need working for twdt to be successful, we need to get people signed up. Quoting my earlier notes on what's required for twdt fyi.

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          Some dev things we need:
          - make sure the twdt bot is ready to accept !signup for the new season
          - unpin/archive threads in the twdt forum section
          Originally posted by Rab View Post
          Some things the person who runs it needs to get started:
          - forum moderator permission in the twdt section
          - twdt bot permission to see signups
          - to make a signup thread, and regular zoners
          - to make a google sheet for signups and ratings and collate signups there; make a thread for people to post ratings change suggestions
          - staff volunteers to run the matches, and ideally permission to do this themselves

Then when we know we have enough players:
          - update the rules, myths rules with +2 to each star limit
          - choose the caps, get team names from them
          - randomise the draft order, ideally video it for youtube so people can check you didn't cheat
          - schedule the draft, avoid US/EU holidays + major US sports events
          - post a season schedule, avoid US/EU holidays + major US sports events

Then after the draft:
          - update the twdt website (wirah) with schedule, teams, blank standing, blank stats
          - get volunteers for hot-or-not for each division; optional: videos, gifs

Then during the season:
          - deny all appeals for the lulz
          - keep notes of everything that happens, so at the end of the season you can post a thread with suggestions for the next person who runs it

Comment

Originally posted by Rab
            please can you comment on the twdt bot situation? It's the first thing we need working for twdt to be successful, we need to get people signed up.
            TWDTBot is currently accepting signups for the new season.

:TWDTBot:!signup
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Old forums archived. Left two current discussion threads.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Thanks qan.

Grasps carry on hyping it bro. It's always rough at first then it picks up when everyone realises there's actually a good season to play. I.e. 2 months of struggle. Then 2 weeks where everyone signs up.

Comment

Working...
                X