• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLJ Quarter Finals Preview

#5 Monster vs #8 Sweet

Monster Lineup: Iron Survivor, Vys, Tripin, Ricko, Lockdown

Sweet Lineup: Spectacular, Riverside, Paradise, Eric Clapton, Jones

In the regular season, monster took both games but I expect this series to be closer than expected -- Sweet really needs paradise to show up because the 24/7 elims that Spectacular have been doing are just....not working. Sweet does not have a stand out jav but the one thing that is some what working for them is their teaming and regrouping when teams try to underestimate them. This would honestly be a team win if they will prevail in this round.

Iron Survivor has been leading monster every game this season and it's been a good showing from a squad that have no javs in their lineup. Vys has been a good support role in this line but they will need more than a two man crew to get deep into the playoffs. Vys decided to skip TWL today because he was playing in the zone Hyperspace of 3 people in areana... I give credit for Sweet sticking around and competing and this goes the same for Monster as wbers are getting more involved in a league they are not accustomed to.

Prediction: Monster - this will come down to which squad has more patience to execute shots.

#6 Dudgeon vs #7 Paladen

Dudgeon Lineup - Zizzo, Mikkiz, Maketso, Bram, Sakke

Paladen Lineup - Yeh, Transgender Jessup, who cares...

Dudgeon took both games in the regular season but the key piece would be Maketso showing up which he hasn't been active all season. In the early season, Paladen was winning games by forfeits and in the late season they have been winning games by some clutch moments from players we don't know. Yeh can only do so much as the bright star of this squad but this is where Paladen luck stops as Dudgeon has enough experience to close it out.

Prediction: Dudgeon - too many knowns than unknowns.

#1 Rage vs #4 Spider

Rage Lineup: Dreamwin, Racka, Turban, Morph, Rough

Spider Lineup: Commodo, Cape, Hone, Trasher, Aprix

One of the top favorites, Rage finished off the regular season undefeated and has the momentum swinging their way heading into the playoffs, one of their weaknesses has been the huge amount of TK's since everyone is trigger happy but we hope to clean it up in playoffs. The squad is formed with new and old vets, Racka has developed quickly into the jav lineup and Morph has been the pushing force that compliments Turban and Dreamwin.

On paper, Spider looks good but besides Commodo and Hone the remaining players on this lineup play too passive and scared. There is really no chemistry on this team or support when Commodo/Hone pushes but that could change if Cape decides to show up. They gave up too many freebie wins this season by not having their whole lineup show up on Sundays but it doesn't bode well that they face the #1 seed.

Prediction: Rage - too much experience and enormous skill level gap

#2 Thunder vs #3 Marksmin

Thunder Lineup: Ease, Zidane, Best, Kado, Tiny -- Tiny will be replaced by Children i bet...

Marksmin: Thrill, Singer, Kim, Cuckhold, Ardour -- Keep Mene on bench...

This may be the weakest lineup we have seen from Thunder in many years but Zidane has been leading the charge for this squad because he never logs off. They can shift many players in and out their lineup and they still win games. It will be interesting to see how Best and Kado react in the playoffs and how well they do but this will definitely come down to Ease and Zidane.

Marksmin has been an enigma all season, this squad can truly make it to the finals but you see it in close games vs top teams that they have the lead late but they simply cannot put it away. The lack of experience are hurting these guys but they are only few moves away of competing with Rage/Thunder.

Prediction: Marksmin - They team, they swarm, they finally close out - Zidane> how can you pick marksmin over us I am livid Rough.

Took 20 mins to write, fuck off and enjoy population of 20 people on forums.
    1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
    1:Zidane> congrats man
    1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
    1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
    1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

I disagree with every prediction minus one in this thread but thanks for the time put in and being a weirdo who decides to have a need to point out I'm transgender when you point out no one else's orientation. What a loser nerd lol.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

whos doing the twld one? vys? attacks?

Comment

Thanks for this
        TWLD 2016 Champion
        TWDTD champion x 3
        Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

u r trinsgendired? i litirilly picture u as a transgendired persin every time i c your spaceship but had no idea u actually are. not vsink u

Comment

thanks

Comment

Okay write up. Interesting how you know all the lineups except paladen. If one game flipped our way from the regular season we would've been 5th seed yet you don't know who we play. I like being the underdog though so that's fine. I can see us beating dudgeon followed by marksmin. Marksmin is not the same team when former twlj champs aren't present (kim/singer).
              In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
              twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
              twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

I was going to make a rude comment about the odds of you ever beating marksmin in LJ, but then I decided to just post this box score from a week ago where Kim and Singer weren't present

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post
                  Okay write up. Interesting how you know all the lineups except paladen. If one game flipped our way from the regular season we would've been 5th seed yet you don't know who we play. I like being the underdog though so that's fine. I can see us beating dudgeon followed by marksmin. Marksmin is not the same team when former twlj champs aren't present (kim/singer).
                  afghan bruh, dont come in talking about how good your team is when its the heart and lead of one talent. Jessup may also put fair numbers due to his playstyle, but please quiet down and let yourself be carried, stay humble it would save you face once u guys lose to dudgeon

Comment

Thanks r?fff
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post

afghan bruh, dont come in talking about how good your team is when its the heart and lead of one talent. Jessup may also put fair numbers due to his playstyle, but please quiet down and let yourself be carried, stay humble it would save you face once u guys lose to dudgeon
                      Rofl, says the guy thats not even good enough to be rostered in wolf (the squad with a 5-29 record)..stay on the bench and quit talking like youre somebody

twdt-b 2017 finalist

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill View Post
                        I was going to make a rude comment about the odds of you ever beating marksmin in LJ, but then I decided to just post this box score from a week ago where Kim and Singer weren't present
                        Im not trying to be rude about it im just stating a fact that they are a big part of your teams success versus the top jav teams. Sure, we lost but that lineup is not unbeatable and isnt that same as having Kim/singer in. Marksmin is obviously one of the top jav teams and has the ability to make it to the finals.

twdt-b 2017 finalist

Comment

Has to be said, I think Marksmin have been very impressive in LJ. You expect teams with combinations like Rough/Dreamwin/Turban or Ease/Zidane/Tiny to be successful, but Marksmin have put together a well-gelled and hard-to-beat team with relatively unrated players. Thrill has definitely been the centre piece of this team, despite coming from nowhere. Like me, he maintains a 40+% killing shot rate in elim, which demonstrates a rare and ruthless efficiency. Kim - often overlooked because he doesn't put in huge scores - is actually one of the best teamers in the zone and plays a positionally perfect game if you look at his ability to cut off enemies and sit at the right distance to team mates. Ardour also seems to have continued his bout of form from TWDT. In the deeper spots, there's a healthy rotation of hungry and able javs such as Singer, Mean Gene, Vagabond, Cuckold and Poseiden. And, of course they have Vio as a charismatic and experienced leader.

If Spider fail, I hope Marksmin take it.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

loool pisidin!

Comment

Working...
                            X