Thunder Season 22 TWLB Champs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Season 22 TWLB Champs

Congrats to us on winning TWLB - Ease first player to make a special viable all season.

First LB title for Thunder. GG boys

to my dearest homie rough.. thank you for the pre-game pm "this train is about to run you over".. eat my ass ty
    shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

Is this supposed to be a squad message? ^_^

GG tho, sigh, thx for enabling ogron's ego to swell to even greater proportions sigh heheheh

You guys had a better break than rage all game, u deserved it. GG
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Just for the history books, shark and terr ship settings were changed this season for the first time in 10 years, which weakened terr. No changes made to WB, which became stronger because of other ships becoming weaker. Thunder decided to use a WB in LB for the first time in 15-20 years to take advantage of new settings.

Thunder made it to finals after beating Spastic in semi-finals as Spastic had none of their starters show to game 1. Thunder went on to beat Rage in finals when their two starting sharks (rodney, then Mythril) lagged out and were eventually subbed from game 1 and 3.

Shit happens, but let's not pretend this was a good TWLB season/final...

Comment

Happens Thix! You played great, go Thunder!

Comment

Thix a class act as usual.

I'm not going to speak negatively about anyone's individual play, but I'm definitely not going to let that post go unanswered.

Just for the history books, S21 was total fucking garbage, we knocked you out in the Semi-Finals best of 3, the only time both our full lines were in, but because of Turban's stupid double brackets, you weren't eliminated.

Then you forced a delay we didn't want of Finals so you could get a player back, and your forced delay cause us to lose a key spider in M_M God and start a rookie named Ro. We lost round 1 of semi-finals with Ro, benched him, and 2-0'd you with M_M God. Never won a single round with Ro.

Then you got a free warmup in a dead game when our spiders hadn't played in weeks just before the finals where our spiders and gave you a free round 1 getting outkilled by 100. Then round two a fluke 1 in a million shrap rep through a hole killed me (look it up on youtube) and cost us 5 minutes in a 15:00-14:34 game.

---

As for this season, what shark changes? Something like the green odds slightly shifted? Sharks are the same, and as for terr, anyone who is an elite terr should want reduced variance in the amount of bursts/portals you get, and the ability to play around the timing of getting them. There's been so many games where one terr gets double the bursts and just spams the entire screen with bursts, it's ridiculous. This season, every terr got the exact same amount of bursts/ports per minute, meaning terring was solely about skill, not lucking greens and full charges.

Ease didn't even play WB in Round 3, he spidered the entire decisive round.

We also had the harder semi-final against Spastic.

Also, we can't control who shows and who lags, only our own play. Lag is a big advantage, and it should be a double-edged sword. If you eat 9 bullets every death, there should be a risk of lagging out.

THUNDER S22 TWLB CHAMPS!!!
            Last edited by ogron; 06-02-2019, 07:38 PM.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

You were gifted a finals game and you know it. Everyone knows we would have mopped you up with our full starting line. You got extremely lucky that my ISP was a part of the internet outage today

https://downdetector.com/

I dont lag all season, ever. The one day the entire season leads up to and the entire cloud has issues.
              Unfortunate and shitty for sure and theres nothing i can do about that

but if you think you actually won a real finals you're as autistic as i thought, everyone knows who actually won this season.

Leave it to thunder to appeal in draft league about Jamal not being able to play in shark because of freak lag and get their appeal granted for a rematch only to gloat and fluff their own ego's on winning a match against the same exact situation they appealed for previously.
              Hilarious
              Big Chill

Comment

what kind of scumbig losir congritul8s themsilf for winning anything let alone a 6 team video game league

Comment

Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
                  You were gifted a finals game and you know it. Everyone knows we would have mopped you up with our full starting line. You got extremely lucky that my ISP was a part of the internet outage today

I dont lag all season, ever. The one day the entire season leads up to and the entire cloud has issues.

but if you think you actually won a real finals you're as autistic as i thought, everyone knows who actually won this season.

Leave it to thunder to appeal in draft league about Jamal not being able to play in shark because of freak lag and get their appeal granted for a rematch only to gloat and fluff their own ego's on winning a match against the same exact situation they appealed for previously.
                  Hilarious
                  Seriously?? If that is the case you have a valid appeal.
                  TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                  TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                    Then you forced a delay we didn't want of Finals so you could get a player back, and your forced delay cause us to lose a key spider in M_M God and start a rookie named Ro. We lost round 1 of semi-finals with Ro, benched him, and 2-0'd you with M_M God. Never won a single round with Ro.

Then you got a free warmup in a dead game when our spiders hadn't played in weeks just before the finals where our spiders and gave you a free round 1 getting outkilled by 100. Then round two a fluke 1 in a million shrap rep through a hole killed me (look it up on youtube) and cost us 5 minutes in a 15:00-14:34 game.[/SIZE][/B]
                    What? Dice forfeited and we wanted a fair loser bracket final so we let them postpone. How can you spin it any other way than us being respectful enough of the league to let the legends play in what was their final playoff? None of us played for 3 weeks either. Plus, I remember Thunder being up all night the night before in ?go javs, and you still got 2-0'd in LJ. "You guys had a warmup" is a cop-out, you guys lost LB 21 in a fair series. If you recall, we lost game 1 vs Dice in the postponed semi final because of a lagout and still came back to win 2-1. zid even pm'd me afterward and said "gg u guys deserved that". It was only in hindsight that you guys started trashing that season. Regardless, that win was significantly better than this season's.

...anyone who is an elite terr should want reduced variance in the amount of bursts/portals you get, and the ability to play around the timing of getting them. There's been so many games where one terr gets double the bursts and just spams the entire screen with bursts, it's ridiculous. This season, every terr got the exact same amount of bursts/ports per minute, meaning terring was solely about skill, not lucking greens and full charges.
                    Your opinion is wrong. Terrs like yourself prefer to hold onto bursts and ports and "save" them as your strategy. The 2019 changes force other terrs who prefer to the strategy of "use more, get more" to play with the same strategy as you.

Thix a class act as usual.
                    Zid just made a thread congratulating himself for winning a final in 2019 vs a team with both starting sharks unable to play...

Comment

Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post

Hilarious
                      ROFL I honestly can't believe you actually posted, you're fucking horrible at this game, and Rage looked 10x better with Turban in shark, you were getting stomped, and don't belong in the TWLB finals.

You're a scrub whose never won anything except when rated 7-Stars and playing as a low-star shitter in TWDT getting carried by people like me.

We were the #1 TWLB team this season, and would have finished #1 if Tiny didn't disappear before the last game of the season, leaving us 7v8 versus Dudgeon.

Go get your fucking shine box and polish my 3 TWLB medals and my 3 TWDT-B medals you 0 title nobody.

top 100 basers list

Comment

ROFL I honestly can't believe you actually posted, you're fucking horrible at this game, and Rage looked 10x better with Turban in shark, you were getting stomped, and don't belong in the TWLB finals.

You're a scrub whose never won anything except when rated 7-Stars and playing as a low-star shitter in TWDT getting carried by people like me.

We were the #1 TWLB team this season, and would have finished #1 if Tiny didn't disappear before the last game of the season, leaving us 7v8 versus Dudgeon.

Go get your fucking shine box and polish my 3 TWLB medals and my 3 TWDT-B medals you 0 title nobody.
                        Oggy, you've been carried to every title you've ever "won". I agree, turban did great, but to say we were missing him in spider is an understatement.

Don't belong in finals? Please.

Last season finals were recorded. You got smoked, terr versus terr, repeatedly. Same thing happened today. I barely noticed you in the final today.

You should be forever grateful that I even gave you a chance at redemption this season, after TWL was dead for 3 years.

This is my last response in this thread.

ggs Thunder, you guys truly deserved this one

Comment

i can actually win TWDT-Bs as a terr with fair lines, you can't.

i've won 6 basing titles, you've won 1. and the 1 you won, i beat you in a best-of-3 in the playoffs. i've been to more finals in spider, a ship i haven't played in 5 years, than you have in any ship.

get real dude.
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

and just so we don't get things twisted, i actually rate you in terr. you deserve to be starting for an LB Finals team as terr, and have had some great performances in the Finals.

unlike you, who constantly downplays every other terr in this game, saying Cape is overrated and got carried, that you're way better than Mikkiz, and trashing me.

you've earned some of your ego, which i respect.

but RODNEY? LOL. i said last year before TWL was even announced, the guy is not viable with him and Mythril as my sharks in TWDT-B. he's not good enough. Your team honestly looked way better with turban in shark. Rodney lagging out was the best possible thing that could have happened to your team. And I've won a TWDT-B with Rod as a 7-Star shark. It took insane carries from me in terr, zid in shark, and some strong spids to eke out a Round 3, 15-13 win against Terrorist. He's a decent baser, but he's not TWLB Finals material, and turb was a huge upgrade, while you lost almost nothing under, and Skatarius is a laggy god top (as evidenced by his MVP play S21).

i expect a whiny post from you after a Finals loss, you've earned your stripes, but Rodney talking blows my mind.

top 100 basers list

Comment

I'd half expected to wake up this morning with an appeal in to replay it based on the lagouts/fuckery that happened to both our starting sharks which ruined 2 out of 3 rounds for us.

It feels a somewhat hollow end to the season for us given the nature of the loss (it would have been nice to play 3 rounds with no issues, even if we did go on to lose that way), so a bit disappointing.

That said, you guys won at the end of the day so congrats to Thunder for winning LB this season.

Big thanks to Turban for letting me play on Rage for this LB season and to the rest of the team for making it enjoyable - Thix, Myth, Crip, Rodney (when he didnt lag out), Turb, Skat, DW and especially Rough who was a dream to play alongside on under this season - we were undoubtedly the best under pairing this year.
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X