• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Video] TWLB Season 22 Finals - Thunder vs Rage

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Lupin, awesome work with the recordings this season, thank you very much!

I watched a bunch of them.

Really appreciated. You had a nice season in spider on Spastic too, saw some good stuff from you under.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see how spec didn't have any idea what we were dealing with in rounds 1 and 3. The round 3 is the most suspicious shit that's ever happened to me in this game, and I'm not one for conspiracy theories.

I played both rounds of TWLJ, both rounds of TWLD, and two rounds of TWLB before the round 3 with 0 lag issues. In round 3, immediately after our first tek and within 15 seconds of our first cram, I don't just lagout, my connection goes down and I'm disconnected from the game. You can see this happen at 4:30 of round 3 in the video. I come back, we get another tek after 3 minutes and my connection goes down once again within seconds of us beginning our second cram at 7:45. Pretty coincidental timing, and we lost both crams immediately. My lag becomes unplayable for 7+ minutes until I turn on my vpn and sub back into the game at 14:20. Rage didn't have the chance to capitalize on our first two teks or add any flag time to 2 crams. We had our 3rd string line in (with 0 starting sharks) for nearly 7 minutes. We were 7v8 for 2 minutes. We lost 15-9. Do the math.

Now let's talk about Rodney. Regardless of what anyone else who's clearly biased or self-serving when talking shit about him says, he was our starting shark the entire season. Easily a top 5 shark this season, and I would argue even higher. I have far more experience with him as my shark partner than anybody else in the zone. Arguing we were better off with Turban in shark at the price of replacing his spider with Rough is a ridiculous argument that only Thunder would make. And their reasons for doing so should be obvious to anyone who's paying attention.

Before Rodney's lagout in round 1, I got a tek within 10 seconds of the match on my first bomb. Then Rodney (who doesn't lag), is dc'd immediately and is lost for the entirety of the TWLB Finals. How is it that both starting sharks of the #1 TWLB seed lost their connections as soon as we got teks and began our cram? The odds of that happening by chance is close to zero percent.

I get that none of this can be proven as being malicious, regardless of how absurdly coincidental it all is. But Thunder has spent the last 3 years telling Cobra their TWLB win wasn't legitimate because one of their starting sharks repped a shrap through a hole and killed their terr. When the level of bad luck is amplified by a magnitude of 20000% and they're the beneficiary, they have no problem parading around their victory and claiming we were "better off." Get real. Imagine the lengths that Thunder would go to discredit our win if the roles were reversed. How quick would that appeal have been posted?
      PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
      ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Valid
        Geio> Down to chill and play that
        Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Good thing people that rule the world aren't as vicious and smart as Ogron.

Comment

You have had horrible lag in base for about a year now. You live in Washington DC, very close to the server and your lag is a joke... doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce you were manipulating your lag one way or another. Your history of using CE in twlb definitely doesn't help your credibility with things like this.

I'm not going to get into the specifics about which Rage line is better or what Thunder would rather play. Round 2 clearly shows the line you played was capable of winning either round 1 or round 3, you guys just didn't get it done. Thunder made a lot more game winning plays and that's shown in the videos. Whether it was an Ease 5fer in wb in rd 1 or turban missing a lot of shark bombs by the smallest of margins in rd 3.

If you have a lineup with 6 of the laggiest players in the zone you are taking on the risk and advantage of said players. Buy a better connection and stop manipulating your lag, the result will still be you losing but now we won't hear these predictable what if arguments. Thunder was the best team all year, and was certainly the best team when it mattered most.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
              Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see how spec didn't have any idea what we were dealing with in rounds 1 and 3. The round 3 is the most suspicious shit that's ever happened to me in this game, and I'm not one for conspiracy theories.

I played both rounds of TWLJ, both rounds of TWLD, and two rounds of TWLB before the round 3 with 0 lag issues. In round 3, immediately after our first tek and within 15 seconds of our first cram, I don't just lagout, my connection goes down and I'm disconnected from the game. You can see this happen at 4:30 of round 3 in the video. I come back, we get another tek after 3 minutes and my connection goes down once again within seconds of us beginning our second cram at 7:45. Pretty coincidental timing, and we lost both crams immediately. My lag becomes unplayable for 7+ minutes until I turn on my vpn and sub back into the game at 14:20. Rage didn't have the chance to capitalize on our first two teks or add any flag time to 2 crams. We had our 3rd string line in (with 0 starting sharks) for nearly 7 minutes. We were 7v8 for 2 minutes. We lost 15-9. Do the math.

Now let's talk about Rodney. Regardless of what anyone else who's clearly biased or self-serving when talking shit about him says, he was our starting shark the entire season. Easily a top 5 shark this season, and I would argue even higher. I have far more experience with him as my shark partner than anybody else in the zone. Arguing we were better off with Turban in shark at the price of replacing his spider with Rough is a ridiculous argument that only Thunder would make. And their reasons for doing so should be obvious to anyone who's paying attention.

Before Rodney's lagout in round 1, I got a tek within 10 seconds of the match on my first bomb. Then Rodney (who doesn't lag), is dc'd immediately and is lost for the entirety of the TWLB Finals. How is it that both starting sharks of the #1 TWLB seed lost their connections as soon as we got teks and began our cram? The odds of that happening by chance is close to zero percent.

I get that none of this can be proven as being malicious, regardless of how absurdly coincidental it all is. But Thunder has spent the last 3 years telling Cobra their TWLB win wasn't legitimate because one of their starting sharks repped a shrap through a hole and killed their terr. When the level of bad luck is amplified by a magnitude of 20000% and they're the beneficiary, they have no problem parading around their victory and claiming we were "better off." Get real. Imagine the lengths that Thunder would go to discredit our win if the roles were reversed. How quick would that appeal have been posted?
              Qan has provided me logs of you talking about your girlfriend downloading during the game. You'll have to prove that you didn't say it.
              Phiz> I probably am gay
              Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

I would argue that there are not even 5 sharks in the zone atm lol..

Comment

I'd like to offer a big apology to Rage for:

1) showing up and playing the finals
                  2) saying "gg" and leaving the arena after winning
                  3) zid making a positive "congrats thunder" thread w/ nothing negative

F.A.Q.:

1) Did you DDOS Mythril like he's implying?

Yes! I terred the whole game while DDOSing him using my feet on a keyboard on the floor. I bribed Qan (my BFF) to give me his IP.

2) Would Thunder have appealed like Myth is claiming if this happened to you?

Yes! We all privately thought S21 was bullshit, and right after the Finals I posted this to forums appealing:

We're not very classy after losing!

I'm pretty sure also appealed S19 losing Mattey 5 minutes before the finals. There's no posts on TWL forums by us, but if Myth says it would have happened I believe him.

3) Rage players keep posting they finished the #1 Seed this season as proof they're the best. Were they really that dominant all season?

Yes! They went an incredible 1-1 against Spastic, and 1-1 against Thunder, getting the #1 seed because Thunder lost 7v8 against Dudgeon in the last game of the season, costing Thunder the top seed.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

More and more evidence is piling up proving twlb should be a best of 1 point race to 700
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                    X