Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL S22 Champions - Thunder (TWLB) and Rage (TWLD & TWLJ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL S22 Champions - Thunder (TWLB) and Rage (TWLD & TWLJ)

Season 22 has officially come to an end.

Congratulations to Thunder for winning the prestigious TWLB championship title and to Rage for winning both TWLD and TWLJ championship titles. We will hand out all the medals in the coming days for those bragging rights .. for whatever they are worth in current time and day.

We would like to once again thank all the players for participating in our league. This season would not have happened without the help of the community, and despite the rocky start we daresay this was overall a solid season.

I would also like to give a big thank you to BIET and Qan for helping with the bots and also Wirah for creating and keeping our brand new TWL website up-to-date with standings and match scores. Please remember that the next competitive league is TWDT which is starting in mid-July.

I'd also like to thank you Turban for everything you've done this season along with everyone else, Undercut, Wirah, Qan, Biet, Mythril, Lockdown, Ogron, Henry Saari and anyone else involved this TWL. You guys rock! Even though this TWL is just now ending, I am already excited and eager for the start of the next TWL. Hopefully at the conclusion of TWDT sometime this fall! This TWL has been a roller coaster ride but overall I had a great time and the games were incredible fun, worthwhile and intense. 10 out of 10!

My only gripes this season was lower bracket games being best of 1, think they should of been best of 3. Other than that, this was a very great TWL. I was incredibly skeptical at it's onset and took a lot of heat voicing so but I couldn't be happier with the turnout, the amount of squads entered and the great games played. Very very nice. Well done. Thanks again to everyone who made this happen. Please don't stop here, lets create more TWL's and keep this great league alive for many more years.

Congratulations to Thunder on their TWLB title and RAGE on their TWLD's and TWLJ titles. Amazing stuff. Personally I had Rage for TWLD, Thunder for TWLJ and Thunder for TWLB. But really the TWLJ could of gone either way and am not too surprised it went in Rage's favor. Very cool though. Let's not forget how hard Monster fought all season and even Paladen. There was a lot of cool stories to be had this TWL. Even on Wolf, the very last week of the season things finally clicked and we won more games that day than we did in the entire season, bottom line being every team in one way or another had a chance to shine, a time to overcome the odds and is something I will not soon forget.

To the next TWL! After TWDT of course. xD

-Ixa
    Last edited by Grasps; 06-16-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Congrats to all the winners.

Nice seasons from Monster in LD, Spastic in LB, and Marksmin/Spider in LJ as well.

Thanks to Turban and everyone who helped make the season happen.

?go TWLD, ?go TWLJ, and ?go TWLB arena maps have been updated.

Last edited by ogron; 06-17-2019, 07:53 AM. Reason: TWLJ winners list shown was outdated, replaced with current in-game version
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Great season, congratulations to Thunder and Rage.
        Thanks to all the ops Turban, Lockdown and Undercut.
        Wirah for a Pimping website.

if we are ever blessed with another twl, we need to cut the season right down, it was a marathon. The loser bracket thing went on forever, and the finals having the potential to last 6 rounds which the TWLJ almost did, with half the the players then having to play in a TWLD final for another 3 rounds, (which could have been potentially another 6 rounds )

It was knackering to watch, let alone how the players playing in those games felt.

Don't get me wrong I loved the season and it was handled proffesionally and Its good to try new things, but can we agree it could have taken half the time it took, and been just as exciting?
        British> my 18th tomoz $$
        Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
          Great season, congratulations to Thunder and Rage.
          Thanks to all the ops Turban, Lockdown and Undercut.
          Wirah for a Pimping website.

if we are ever blessed with another twl, we need to cut the season right down, it was a marathon. The loser bracket thing went on forever, and the finals having the potential to last 6 rounds which the TWLJ almost did, with half the the players then having to play in a TWLD final for another 3 rounds, (which could have been potentially another 6 rounds )

It was knackering to watch, let alone how the players playing in those games felt.

Don't get me wrong I loved the season and it was handled proffesionally and Its good to try new things, but can we agree it could have taken half the time it took, and been just as exciting?
          lol I actually felt the opposite, would of liked it to go on longer but as it was it felt just right. I couldn't complain on the length of it personally. Great season though Attacks, you and the Monster crew were something fierce this TWL. Can't wait to face off against you guys next TWL. Cheers!

Comment

Can we add an asterisk to rage's TWLD win since they beat Thunder's B line lol

Comment

Originally posted by Welfare View Post
              Best, Ease, Peru, Zid and Ogron doesn't seem like a "B" line to me. I am slightly insulted that you said this to be honest man.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

Best, Ease, Peru, Zid and Ogron doesn't seem like a "B" line to me. I am slightly insulted that you said this to be honest man.
                I mean B comes right after A...

Comment

Originally posted by Welfare View Post
                  OMEGA FKING LUL guy wants to make a scene asking entire league to be delayed because of his own personal matters then belittles the victorious team making the lame excuse that "oh, its not a full title cuz i wasnt there" bro all the games are done so stop bitching about not being able to play if u want to beat the likes of RaCka and LaSenza hope that ur not on the same team in DT.

Comment

Asking to shorten the season sounds crazy, TWL is SUPER condensed. 7 rounds of matches for that many games? Two best of 3 playoff series in one day? You're insane for thinking it should be even more condensed than that, it's already borderline nonsensical.

Comment

It was a great season. The fact that it happened at all is remarkable in itself. Took three years to finally run this thing again, and many believed it wasn't possible. Some early bot issues, the zone crashing for 2 weeks, and it still managed to finish with a solid and competitive playoffs.

It's all thanks to the imagination and effort put in by the legendary Turban as well as Undercut/Lockdown. Appreciate you guys for doing the impossible and making TWL a league once again.

Not sure what I would have changed besides the bo3 in the lower brackets. I do wish there were more frequent recaps and predictions. Kind of went the whole season without much of a narrative, which is a shame.

I'm exhausted from how competitive TWL is, and I'm relieved it's over, as I always am. Shit talked many of my good friends this season. It always happens. Competition is a crazy thing, but it's important to remind yourself this is more than a game. This is a community of nearly life-long friends at this point and we need everyone to hang around to keep the game alive. I'm far too familiar with the sting of losing in the playoffs, but it's always worth coming back and fighting for another crack at it. This game will always be the best thing I've ever played, win or lose.

But thank God TWDT is next. Ease/Ogron running it with Claus' epic hot or nots should make it one of the best seasons ever and the game should become more active because of it. When DT ends, hopefully another TWL will be possible again. I don't think we can afford to wait another three years.

Rage 2019. Some of the most fun I've ever had on the game. Flew is a TWLD Champion. Beam is forever a clutch TWLD Finals round 3 performer in my eyes. Rough is STILL a hall of famer. Turban still has a vintage monster game in him when it matters most. RaCka and myself are now javelins. Dreamwin is the greatest captain of this era (5 titles already in 2019.) The real conversations happen on WhatsApp. Legendary shit.
                      PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                      ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
                        It was a great season. The fact that it happened at all is remarkable in itself. Took three years to finally run this thing again, and many believed it wasn't possible. Some early bot issues, the zone crashing for 2 weeks, and it still managed to finish with a solid and competitive playoffs.

It's all thanks to the imagination and effort put in by the legendary Turban as well as Undercut/Lockdown. Appreciate you guys for doing the impossible and making TWL a league once again.

Not sure what I would have changed besides the bo3 in the lower brackets. I do wish there were more frequent recaps and predictions. Kind of went the whole season without much of a narrative, which is a shame.

I'm exhausted from how competitive TWL is, and I'm relieved it's over, as I always am. Shit talked many of my good friends this season. It always happens. Competition is a crazy thing, but it's important to remind yourself this is more than a game. This is a community of nearly life-long friends at this point and we need everyone to hang around to keep the game alive. I'm far too familiar with the sting of losing in the playoffs, but it's always worth coming back and fighting for another crack at it. This game will always be the best thing I've ever played, win or lose.

But thank God TWDT is next. Ease/Ogron running it with Claus' epic hot or nots should make it one of the best seasons ever and the game should become more active because of it. When DT ends, hopefully another TWL will be possible again. I don't think we can afford to wait another three years.

Rage 2019. Some of the most fun I've ever had on the game. Flew is a TWLD Champion. Beam is forever a clutch TWLD Finals round 3 performer in my eyes. Rough is STILL a hall of famer. Turban still has a vintage monster game in him when it matters most. RaCka and myself are now javelins. Dreamwin is the greatest captain of this era (5 titles already in 2019.) The real conversations happen on WhatsApp. Legendary shit.
                        Couldn't have said it better myself brother. Thank you to Mythril, Turban, Lockdown, Qan, Undercut, and anybody else who helped out this season. I enjoyed playing this season a lot regardless of the outcome. Looking forward to TWDT and trying to set-up a 2v2 tournament before 2019 is over.

RAGE 2019 CHAMPS
                        1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

My words don't have the weight of those prestigious players above, but still I want to thanks turban and his boys for this great season. Someone used the word "professional" to describe you, I think it is the most appropriate word. I disagree with the two-way bracket also with base being separated, could write novels about it but I won't. Excellent job sir, it's sad you won't be there for the next DT and I hope you the best till you're back to business.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
                            Flew is a TWLD Champion.
                            Fuck, man...
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Great season - These thunder nerds were honestly practicing at 11am and 3am on consecutive days. Also, were you guys recording our ljs and "diagnosing" our moves LMAO.

I made thunder my bitch.
                              1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                              1:Zidane> congrats man
                              1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                              1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                              1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Working...
                              X