Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 100 Basers of All-Time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Stayon View Post
    Going down on memory lane around 12 years ago, and to correct the excell, I played and won season 10 as well. It was my first lb win, first season I played under by choise, as it was a season I was the most inactive (1h per week) on and realisticly the start of my spider talent decline, and the rise of experience, mental strenght, and championships.

    Ironicly I had to morph like a butterfly in order to reach the finish line.

    I believe that day I mvp'd the first round (One of my few mvps on final), Pandora makes 1-1, and then on the crucial game..

    Cape played for Chief, high possibility of Dwop subbing in mid-game for Cig, A2M, Mega, Crip, Stay, Mikes. Jra played until he lagged, Mega Newbie stepped on to make one of the most ferocious subs ever going 0-10, attacking cram, with game being around of 6-9, until Necro replaces MN.

    The game gets caotic with cram breaks and flagroom fights, Cape pulling legend moves and 2 teks, Necro 1 Tek to hero and myself another 2 through under pushes, managing to disrupt Pandora's excellent game control after pounding us on round 2. We nailed the coffin, as per usual with a clutch cram.

    In the end, Pandora's organization was not enough for Dice's bigger talent and mental strenght. The lag didnt help and we were not as tidy as they were.

    We went on on relying on out talent and experience when it mattered on future TWLBs. Dice's only organized season was actually their first, from my spectactor view, where they went from being a possible huge upset, to a it's an obvious win, on a few weeks. Resembled on a different scale, to Spastic's season 6 win, comming from being a pub squad months earlier, to face and beat behemoths like Diso, Pallies, WR or AS.

    ​​​​​Shayde did not attend but would of started for Mikes.

    Necro was a hybrid between bein 4th shark, starter and 1st sub.

    My brother did not attend. Hero was not an option.

    Vati and Sarger standed out for me.

    Was fun to write a little bit, there's other errors on different teams but my memory would make me more nostalgic. Papi out!
    PUTA I MISS YOU
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BABY PAPI
    YOU WILL BE AN AMAZING DAD.
    LOVE U even tho u axed me off dice roster after me being on it for two years
    - crip
    TWLJ CHAMP SYNDICATE
    TWLJ CHAMP x3 dicE
    TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)
    #1 RANKED PANEL SPIDER TO EVER PLAY THIS ZONE FROM SEASON 10 AND ON - TWDT PANEL / TWL PANEL

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Stayon View Post
      Going down on memory lane around 12 years ago, and to correct the excell, I played and won season 10 as well. It was my first lb win, first season I played under by choise, as it was a season I was the most inactive (1h per week) on and realisticly the start of my spider talent decline, and the rise of experience, mental strenght, and championships.

      Ironicly I had to morph like a butterfly in order to reach the finish line.

      I believe that day I mvp'd the first round (One of my few mvps on final), Pandora makes 1-1, and then on the crucial game..

      Cape played for Chief, high possibility of Dwop subbing in mid-game for Cig, A2M, Mega, Crip, Stay, Mikes. Jra played until he lagged, Mega Newbie stepped on to make one of the most ferocious subs ever going 0-10, attacking cram, with game being around of 6-9, until Necro replaces MN.

      The game gets caotic with cram breaks and flagroom fights, Cape pulling legend moves and 2 teks, Necro 1 Tek to hero and myself another 2 through under pushes, managing to disrupt Pandora's excellent game control after pounding us on round 2. We nailed the coffin, as per usual with a clutch cram.

      In the end, Pandora's organization was not enough for Dice's bigger talent and mental strenght. The lag didnt help and we were not as tidy as they were.

      We went on on relying on out talent and experience when it mattered on future TWLBs. Dice's only organized season was actually their first, from my spectactor view, where they went from being a possible huge upset, to a it's an obvious win, on a few weeks. Resembled on a different scale, to Spastic's season 6 win, comming from being a pub squad months earlier, to face and beat behemoths like Diso, Pallies, WR or AS.

      ​​​​​Shayde did not attend but would of started for Mikes.

      Necro was a hybrid between bein 4th shark, starter and 1st sub.

      My brother did not attend. Hero was not an option.

      Vati and Sarger standed out for me.

      Was fun to write a little bit, there's other errors on different teams but my memory would make me more nostalgic. Papi out!
      did anyone understand a single word of this

      coming 4 u
      4:Best> pressure was a terr for halloween 4:Best> guy had 4 dudes on him attached

      4:Siaxis> what time is it in zimbobwe para?

      4:Children> every morning i wake up, look in the mirror and thank god i'm not paradise

      4:Best> Mighty's forehead has wifi

      4:Mighty> u guys ever eat a ketchup sandwich?

      4:sphinx> mighty fought a raccoon in an alley for some bbq chips

      4:RaCka> so what if paradise is dressing up as a slim jim for halloween?

      Comment


      • #18
        updated to reflect stayon's incoherent ramblings and current TWDT-B season.
        TWLB 22 (2019) CHAMPION
        TWLB 21 (2016) FINALIST
        TWLB 20 (2015) CHAMPION
        TWLB 19 (2014) FINALIST
        TWLB 18 (2013) CHAMPION
        TWDT-B 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 CHAMP/FINALS
        BASING CUP CHAMPION (2018) / WORLD CUP CHAMPION (2015)
        #1 RANKED TERR FORBES MAGAZINE, BEST KDA IN TWL HISTORY
        TWLD 20 CHAMPION / TWLD 22 FINALIST / TWDT-J 2014 CHAMPION / TWDT-J 2019 CHAMPION
        Most Consecutive Basing Finals in History (7 straight, never done before or since)

        Comment


        • #19
          correction to ogrons original post:

          there was TWLB and TWLJ by at least Season 4, around beginning of 2001. P sure this was first season of either. I remember because we, Wildfire, won it. It doesnt get counted as a medal for some reason even though it was the same format as TWLB would be the next season (most points wins). they redesigned the website and switched the letters around, but it was the same league - It was still called TWL. There is a discrepancy here in that WB Seasons 1-4 get counted as part of TWL(D) history even though it was technically "TW(D)L", but Jav and Base S4 are erased from history books.

          as shown:

          http://web.archive.org/web/200104051...renchwars.org/

          Comment


          • #20
            Guess the parameters couldnt handle the lvl of my skills on your list.


            lul


            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by NL>TERMINATOR View Post
              Guess the parameters couldnt handle the lvl of my skills on your list.


              lul

              I've added you to the list, talked to some old basers from the era, and added the squads you were on to the best of my ability.

              For future old basers coming here, just a note: It is a Top 100 list, not a Every Baser to Ever Play list. I've added as many names as possible, but if you haven't played in the last 10 years, never started a final in TWLB or TWDT-B, and never were near the top of a TWLB All-Star voting list on forums 10-20 years ago, you name may have slipped through the net, even if you were a good baser.

              I'm sorry if you felt disrespected being left off, that was absolutely not my intention.

              Every TWLB player who played x amount of games (on the TWL stats page) from s12-s22 should be on the list. You played 1 TWLB game in that span so you didn't make the cutoff.

              Some idiot accidentally destroyed all the stats from s1-s11, so active players such as yourself between 2002-2007 who should have been auto-added based on games played in TWLB, weren't.

              That means I have to add players from that era manually, usually through TWLB Finals or Semi-Finals boxscores, All-Star voting, and Best Spider/Terr/Shark forum threads from the era.
              Last edited by Claushouse; 11-23-2019, 05:35 PM.
              TWLB 22 (2019) CHAMPION
              TWLB 21 (2016) FINALIST
              TWLB 20 (2015) CHAMPION
              TWLB 19 (2014) FINALIST
              TWLB 18 (2013) CHAMPION
              TWDT-B 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 CHAMP/FINALS
              BASING CUP CHAMPION (2018) / WORLD CUP CHAMPION (2015)
              #1 RANKED TERR FORBES MAGAZINE, BEST KDA IN TWL HISTORY
              TWLD 20 CHAMPION / TWLD 22 FINALIST / TWDT-J 2014 CHAMPION / TWDT-J 2019 CHAMPION
              Most Consecutive Basing Finals in History (7 straight, never done before or since)

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
                correction to ogrons original post:

                there was TWLB and TWLJ by at least Season 4, around beginning of 2001. P sure this was first season of either. I remember because we, Wildfire, won it. It doesnt get counted as a medal for some reason even though it was the same format as TWLB would be the next season (most points wins). they redesigned the website and switched the letters around, but it was the same league - It was still called TWL. There is a discrepancy here in that WB Seasons 1-4 get counted as part of TWL(D) history even though it was technically "TW(D)L", but Jav and Base S4 are erased from history books.

                as shown:

                http://web.archive.org/web/200104051...renchwars.org/
                Interesting.

                I mean there's clearly an issue of validity and recognition if TWLD S1-S4 are counted, and that is not.

                There was a lot of debate at the time about whether TWLB S5 even should count as a medal, since there was no playoffs. The TWLB Cup was the playoffs for that season.

                Disoblige won, but for some reason it wasn't counted in terms of getting a medal.

                Dabram



                You can see, Bram doesn't have a TWLB medal, even though he should have. Light having the most wins in the regular season is worth less than Disoblige winning the playoffs between those same teams, IMO.

                I really am not a fan of the way medals have been done (I have 3 TWLJ medals for some reason, despite the fact I didn't earn them.)

                If you can find me rosters or boxscores, I can credit you and the players from Wildfire and whoever else with the same TWL Championship points as Light -- half credit -- for finishing 1st in the regular season, but not winning a playoff.

                Not sure whether I would add another column and call it S4, not really because it was not credited or called TWLB, but mostly because my sheet is running out of room.

                If you can get me that info, though, that would be great, as I would make use of it.

                Rab maybe you can help track those down? You're the god of finding boxscores and stats for me
                TWLB 22 (2019) CHAMPION
                TWLB 21 (2016) FINALIST
                TWLB 20 (2015) CHAMPION
                TWLB 19 (2014) FINALIST
                TWLB 18 (2013) CHAMPION
                TWDT-B 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 CHAMP/FINALS
                BASING CUP CHAMPION (2018) / WORLD CUP CHAMPION (2015)
                #1 RANKED TERR FORBES MAGAZINE, BEST KDA IN TWL HISTORY
                TWLD 20 CHAMPION / TWLD 22 FINALIST / TWDT-J 2014 CHAMPION / TWDT-J 2019 CHAMPION
                Most Consecutive Basing Finals in History (7 straight, never done before or since)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Any starting point? Know which website it would have been on, or what year?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Pretty cool sheet. Obviously a perfect rating system is impossible. Did you ever think about putting less weight on the subjective portion? It seems damn near impossible to differentiate by 1% between some of the players like you have done.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by afghan View Post
                      Pretty cool sheet. Obviously a perfect rating system is impossible. Did you ever think about putting less weight on the subjective portion? It seems damn near impossible to differentiate by 1% between some of the players like you have done.
                      afghan

                      The subjective portion has deceptively little impact, because there is a strong correlation between good players and winning.

                      Good players get recruited by good squads and play together and win. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

                      Here is a sheet with the 'Rank' column on the far left excluding any subjective rating, only looking at achievements. The 'Last' column is the previous rank with the subjective portion. The 'Change' column indicates the difference in ranking after removing the subjective portion.

                      The Top 34 players are virtually unchanged, all within 0 to 5 ranks difference.

                      So case closed, we should do it without subjective input, right?

                      I think that would be a huge mistake.

                      1) Extreme cases

                      Glavitik is one of the best spiders to ever play the game, and repeatedly almost won TWLB. Zizu was amazing to watch in his prime in terr. There are a lot of really talented players who almost won, but fell short.

                      Without subjective input, these guys would get absolutely destroyed in ranking. Glav would fall from #28 to #50 in spider.

                      2) Co-Variance

                      The best spider and fifth best spider may play on the same team their entire lives, and have the exact same achievements.

                      If Trasher and Zhou play on Penetrate every season, they will have the same amount of success. Trasher is one of the best players of all-time, and Zhou was captain and added himself to lines because he was captain, then camped the under bar and streamed all game.

                      Now, their TWDT-B records would provide some separation, but Veloce didn't play TWDT, so his record would be identical to Zhou's.

                      Without a subjective weight, Veloce and Zhou would have the same overall rank.

                      Now, that's an unbelievably rare scenario, with Zhou being captain and LF paying Mega89 to sub halfway into Round 2 of a TWLB Finals blowout S16 are the only cases I can think of, but it is worth mentioning. 99% of players who win are starting because they earned the spot and outplayed others on the roster, and that roster was filled by players who outplayed others to join.

                      3) Miscellaneous

                      Finally, there are players who had short primes and could have obviously won more like Royst, and a small number of elite players like Mikkiz who don't play on the best team they could each season, and a subjective rating helps put them closer to where they should be.

                      Subjective weights just smooth things out. If Trasher and I have the same amount of titles, you want a little boost to Trasher to try to keep him ahead since he's a better baser. The 70% weight seems like a lot, but the difference between someone rated 85 and 90 is only 3.5 rating. A single TWLB title will almost close that gap.

                      Ezo has a 90 skill rating and is outside the Top 100 with 0 titles and 0 finals appearances, and multiple players with a 90 skill rating are inside the Top 20. The Subjective weights end up having surprisingly little effect in general, but they help fringe cases like Glavitik a lot.
                      TWLB 22 (2019) CHAMPION
                      TWLB 21 (2016) FINALIST
                      TWLB 20 (2015) CHAMPION
                      TWLB 19 (2014) FINALIST
                      TWLB 18 (2013) CHAMPION
                      TWDT-B 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 CHAMP/FINALS
                      BASING CUP CHAMPION (2018) / WORLD CUP CHAMPION (2015)
                      #1 RANKED TERR FORBES MAGAZINE, BEST KDA IN TWL HISTORY
                      TWLD 20 CHAMPION / TWLD 22 FINALIST / TWDT-J 2014 CHAMPION / TWDT-J 2019 CHAMPION
                      Most Consecutive Basing Finals in History (7 straight, never done before or since)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X