Updating Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Hall of Fame

Can we get a team of players together in creating some type of HOF panel and get someone in charge of updating the HOF website?

Ixador came up with the cool idea of also having a HOF medal on TWD website for players who are inducted if we can get someone to work on that too?

It would be a cool little project we can work on. It's been due.

Get players to vote in the squads.
    Get judges to that specialize in each league to vote in players in their respective leagues. Etc.

I think if we can get a nice group of dedicated veterans we can make this happen.

Opinions?

We can do like, classes of for veterans who don't play anymore. People who performed and won back then up until now for TWL etc.

For veterans who don't play anymore, I know it won't matter, but they can receive an email saying they were inducted in the HOF. Who knows. Maybe it'll bring back some.
    Last edited by Efhat; 07-23-2019, 07:25 PM.
    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Agreed, long overdue. Would be hard to decide how to choose who/which squads get in, especially given how many people have won and how long ago since it was was updated

Comment

Hall of Shame too..

Comment

It's a cool idea Cripp, I like it.

Would prob have to be re-done from scratch, though.

For example, TW Elites was inducted for winning 1 title. By that standard, you'd have to induct every single squad who won a title.

They also credited players for titles they didn't win (I see javs listed as 3x TWLD champions), which makes no sense.

Should all be done per-league and with consistent standards.

Pertaining to the squads, would be interesting to see where people think the cutoff should be, and if some squads should be combined since they're the same cores (i.e., Thunder/Sk8).

I took 10 minutes and made a chart listed every TWL champion, giving 3 points for a title and 1 point for a final:

top 100 basers list

Comment

"Would prob have to be re-done from scratch, though."

No, this HoF is part of the history of the zone. Also being a Hall of Famers has never followed any standard,neither here nor anywhere else. I also disagree with the "TW Elites" argument, they are precursor, the first ever team to win the highest level competition in this zone, they highly deserve their place in this.

My opinion : just update the old one, and I think we should ask the already Hall of Famers to do it. We have Ease and Rough and maybe Burnt. I think some players like Zidane and Turban deserve their place in this HoF, but let's imagine Turban is part of the group that will choose who to induct, will he induct himself?! This would be ugly. Allow the Hall of Famers to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
            "Would prob have to be re-done from scratch, though."

No, this HoF is part of the history of the zone. Also being a Hall of Famers has never followed any standard,neither here nor anywhere else. I also disagree with the "TW Elites" argument, they are precursor, the first ever team to win the highest level competition in this zone, they highly deserve their place in this.

My opinion : just update the old one, and I think we should ask the already Hall of Famers to do it. We have Ease and Rough and maybe Burnt. I think some players like Zidane and Turban deserve their place in this HoF, but let's imagine Turban is part of the group that will choose who to induct, will he induct himself?! This would be ugly. Allow the Hall of Famers to do this.
            This is a good idea.

Also, people like Ogron want to discredit old vets like TW Elites who won during one of the most active periods this zone has known, because he wants to pretend his garbage titles won 20+ years after the fact are more important. Its terrible revisionist history by a terrible player. Ogron at his peak wouldn't even make a TWL squad as a mascot if he was transported through a time machine to the game as it was back then.
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I agree it is about time for us to update the Hall of Fame, but first and foremost we would have to decide on what kind of criteria we would have for the players. It might be worth to consider to expanding the current HoF to even include the most prestigious or successful captains.

It would probably be smart to continue splitting players to different "phases" as our primary league has changed so much over the years. We used to have Eastern and Western Conferences being used in the regular season, and back in the earlier days there were no basing or javelin leagues to write home about. TWLD was the main league of our zone for a long time, and some argue it was the only important league until other leagues started their golden age of cultivating talent which in return made the leagues more serious and competitive in nature. For quite some time TWLD was where the best of the best competed against each other in the earlier days, and this in my opinion should be given extra emphasis when creating a new Hall of Fame.

This is a monumental task and many have failed in the past. We would need the expertise of players from different eras of our zone to bring this project any justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                It would probably be smart to continue splitting players to different "phases" as our primary league has changed so much over the years. We used to have Eastern and Western Conferences being used in the regular season, and back in the earlier days there were no basing or javelin leagues to write home about.
                I don't know... Disoblige, Pallies, Elusive, Anti-Scrub, etc... those squads were by no means any worse than any squad in recent seasons. Maybe not all the current strategies/styles of play were thought of yet, but those were all damn good players/teams at their peak. Thunder and Dice may have taken over the league after a few seasons, but that doesn't diminish the squads that came before them.
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

that was not really what I was going for with that, was more so that TWL has changed so much on a fundamental level and there was also the server location switch back in 2003 which played a big role with the rise of new players etc. I would not devalue the past seasons at all. I would argue that the the golden age, and most prestigious era of TWL, was before the rise of Thunder, Dice, and at one point Fierce.

Comment

Yeah 2000-2004 was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                      that was not really what I was going for with that, was more so that TWL has changed so much on a fundamental level and there was also the server location switch back in 2003 which played a big role with the rise of new players etc. I would not devalue the past seasons at all. I would argue that the the golden age, and most prestigious era of TWL, was before the rise of Thunder, Dice, and at one point Fierce.
                      I feel like Fierce was way past the golden age for TWLD at least, but that's just me. IMO, the golden age of this game started sometime after 2002 when TWD was created and before 2010 or so (when the population started going down at noticeable levels). I distinctly remember seeing somewhere like 150+ active TWD squads (all with 30-50+ players in them) in TWD back in maybe 2004 or so. You'd have to fight to get TWD games of any kind, because all 15 arenas would be constantly full. Even getting a squad into TWL was a big deal back then, because so many squads were fighting over the last few spots. Syndicate was winning TWLD or in the finals nearly every season back then if I remember right. Fierce didn't come around until years later, and by then it was just a mix of Quicksand and Heavy combining for LD. The game was more exciting when those squads played against each other, rather than teaming up.

EDIT:

I checked the wayback machine, and the highest spikes of activity for the twd.trenchwars.org site was in 2005 and 2008. 2010 had a huge dropoff.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060207...renchwars.org/

In 2006, look at what the top 5 squads for each division:

TWDD:

1. Razor
                      2. HEAVY
                      3. dicE
                      4. Syndicate
                      5. Quicksand

TWJD:

1. BoZ
                      2. Syndicate
                      3. Disoblige
                      4. Sk8
                      5. Shinobi

TWBD:

1. Pandora
                      2. dicE
                      3. Syndicate
                      4. Ancients
                      5. Sk8

https://web.archive.org/web/20070430...org:80/ladders

TWDD:

1. Syndicate
                      2. Quicksand
                      3. -FINAL-
                      4. Disoblige
                      5. Thunder
                      6. Dice
                      7. Rampage
                      8. BoZ
                      9. Forgot
                      10. Ash
                      11. Sake
                      12. Savanger

I'd say this was as near a golden age in DD/LD as you're gonna get.
                      Last edited by Exalt; 07-25-2019, 02:11 PM.
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt
                        Ogron at his peak wouldn't even make a TWL squad as a mascot
                        Originally posted by Exalt
                        In 2006, look at what the top 5 squads for each division:

TWDD:

1. Razor
                        2. HEAVY
                        3. dicE
                        4. Syndicate
                        5. Quicksand

I'd say this was as near a golden age in DD/LD as you're gonna get.
                        The starting line for Heavy in TWLD, which I founded with Slangin Rock and Apok when we merged Xerotek and Chibbs, was:

Apok/claushouse/Annoyance/Slangin Rock/Jaa in Season 8.

You were a benching waterboy when I started in TWLD in 2005, you were a benching waterboy when I quit for 5 years after that, and you're a benching waterboy now.

Stop derailing every thread with your bullshit you 0 title pubber. You were bad in every era.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

The starting line for Heavy in TWLD, which I founded with Slangin Rock and Apok when we merged Xerotek and Chibbs, was:

Apok/claushouse/Annoyance/Slangin Rock/Jaa in Season 8.

You were a benching waterboy when I started in TWLD in 2005, you were a benching waterboy when I quit for 5 years after that, and you're a benching waterboy now.

Stop derailing every thread with your bullshit you 0 title pubber. You were bad in every era.
                          I don't remember claushouse ever being on Heavy. I also founded Quicksand with Wark, Izor, and Racka. I don't think you were even out of pub back then truthfully, because Claushouse was always considered a newb with a newb name. That's why you switched to Ogron.

Also, the only one derailing the thread is you. You add nothing to the discussion, and your opinions are laughably bad. Go back to your own corner pretending you matter. Actual veterans are here discussing things..

Edit:

https://web.archive.org/web/20081026...s/10628/roster

This was when Heavy was good. I don't see Claushouse or Ogron anywhere on this roster. Interesting.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071208...s/10335/roster

Here's me as Captain of Quicksand with Izor and Racka. Interesting.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090321...s/10335/roster

Here's QS in 2009 with the later roster including more QS regulars like Kid Kaos, Weak, and Geio. Looks like I still wasn't a waterboy. Aww shucks.
                          Last edited by Exalt; 07-25-2019, 04:20 PM.
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

You're so fueled by bitterness you can't even bother with basic fact-checking.

5 seconds on TWD would tell you I was on Heavy for two straight years.

Most of the scores from back then are lost to time, but someone posted Round 6 scores on forums:

I don't consider myself a great WB or anything, but you're just spewing easily disprovable lies.

I have no doubt the absolute peak of TWLD was S1-S12 or whatever, but your obsession with trying to devalue everything past 2008 just to attack me at the of expense of 100s of great players who played afterwards is insulting to the Fierce dynasty from S14-S20 and players like Apok, Mythril, Racka, Lasenza, Riverside, etc. who won all their titles then.

Moreover, TWLD does not = TWLB. TWLB's peak was closer to S12-S20, it wasn't even in TWL until S5, didn't switch to a timed race until S7, had random damage until S10, and didn't lose the blocks on each side of the cram bar until S11 (creating underspidering), and shrap was random until S15 (adding another layer to terring and sharking).

Stop turning every thread into a novel about me.

I said if TW Elites is in, then the precedent is set to include every single squad that won. The HoF was so early in the game that including every squad that ever won meant it was still a very small number of squads, and my suggestion that perhaps including every single champion was too much is definitely relevant to the discussion.

I didn't say TW Elites shouldn't be in, only that new standards might be warranted given how many seasons there have been. I'm engaging in the discussion, you're trying to use every single thread across multiple forums to yell at me. Clearly I've struck a nerve.

top 100 basers list

Comment

There is an error in your TWL teams champions ranking, refering to the old TWL website, Dice won 6 times the base division.

Comment

Working...
                              X