X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
    "Would prob have to be re-done from scratch, though."

No, this HoF is part of the history of the zone

Why are you commenting in a Hall of Fame debate when you started playing 2 years ago, have never played TWL in your life, and don't know anything about leagues?

1:Ease> dunno why anyone giving this hall of fame crap any credence...all three phases were done at the exact same time by a single player (loki23)

That list is a complete joke, there are multiple players on that list who still couldn't go plus if they were on the protruding end of a battery.

It's not a real hall of fame, it's a flaming bag of shit made by a jav who never won anything.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Well, thanks for the information Ogron.

Comment

you're welcome!
        top 100 basers list

Comment

The thing about Quicksand here in this thread is that: 1. they didnt start the rushing trend. ask blood. 2. they only finished as a runner up in twld. in twd they were not up to the task either. RaCka deserves a mention though.
          Attached Files
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Before anyone chimes in:

No,I do not consider Sweet, Hall of Fame material, we are in the history books and at A1. We didn't even beat Fierce in the finals because they lost to some baser with numbers in his name for christs sake.

Riverside, on the other hand would get my vote. He dominated Season 15 playoffs like a beast. The same season Sweet won TWLD. I am sure Mythril would agree that he is worthy of a mention: https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...for-nerds-only

Hall of Fame material, though? I will leave that up to the judges.
            Last edited by Jones; 07-27-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Ohhh memory lane with ice. ivf should be in hof
              Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Jones Wasn't Rampage the first to really start the rushing trend in TWLD?

Racka's already a clear HoFer IMO, winning S14 on Fierce, S20 on Burn, and S22 on Rage and runner-up S13 and S21.

3 titles and 5 finals is pretty rarefied air.

I also think TWDT deserves some small consideration in a HoF, given that the league has gained quite a bit in prestige and respect the last 7 years, and that there was no TWL in 2017 or 2018. Winning with different people and carrying non-TWL players has merit.

I get that we're in the TWL forums, and it was a TWL HoF in the past, but given that the previous iteration was a flaming pile of dogshit, and the changing makeup of the zone's competitive scene, even if your consideration is 80% TWL, 20% TWDT, that's probably giving you a broader perspective of talent.

There's players like Mikkiz and Vys who would benefit from that added information in making a decision.

Vys has 0 TWLD titles and 1 TWLD runner-up, and Mikkiz 1 TWLB title and 1 TWLB runner-up.

But Vys has like 4 TWDT-D titles and Mikkiz has 3 TWDT-B titles.

Mikkiz is a Top 5 all-time terr, he should be in the HoF. Ignoring his entire body of work in TWDT would be a mistake, IMO.

Even if it's just a small part of the equation, I think it would be beneficial to the process, especially for borderline cases.

top 100 basers list

Comment

I would not consider TWDT into TWL Hall of Fame. Mikkiz ability to Terr is something to be commended, as is Dead_Rain's ability,and both of them will go down in history as great Terrs. Mythrandir and Warportal comes to mind. Both of them are extremely good. Maybe not HoF material though. Shit happens.

also, editing my post from Hall of Shame to Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by claushouse
                    FieryFire posted a thread many, years ago and said that a player named: 'DawnerZ' was rushing as hell.

I have seen TWL from season 6. Not before, Rampage and Shriek were rushing like mad their opponents. Blood is the guy I would talk to.

Sika rushed, demonfaze did not. Sika is probably the best player ever in this zone at his prime. In my opinion, which is from Season 7-10 atleast, I would say demonfaze is the the greatest warbird ever. If anyone wanted my opinion on the matter. And before I shut the fuck up; demonfaze in his prime would still be the best bird in this zone to this day if he was active.

Sika, though? He got beaten by demonfaze in 5v5, but he still had that, you know, influence on his whole team. And he rushed, like a mad man. There is not a single player ever who has made a team greater than Sika, even if he would have just 4 randoms at his side. He was sick and legendary.

Comment

Sika is pretty widely considered a cheater, though.

I played a TWLJ game in 2005 where he literally ate 5 bombs in like a two minute span, and pretty sure he had full bot access back then. Like undodgable dead-hits, not "maybe he pixel-missed" stuff.

He's like the Barry Bonds of this game.

A lot of questionable results back then. As the saying goes, "You can't spell Merce without CE".

top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Racka's already a clear HoFer IMO, winning S14 on Fierce, S20 on Burn, and S22 on Rage and runner-up S13 and S21.

3 titles and 5 finals is pretty rarefied air.

I also think TWDT deserves some small consideration in a HoF, given that the league has gained quite a bit in prestige and respect the last 7 years, and that there was no TWL in 2017 or 2018. Winning with different people and carrying non-TWL players has merit.

I get that we're in the TWL forums, and it was a TWL HoF in the past, but given that the previous iteration was a flaming pile of dogshit, and the changing makeup of the zone's competitive scene, even if your consideration is 80% TWL, 20% TWDT, that's probably giving you a broader perspective of talent.

There's players like Mikkiz and Vys who would benefit from that added information in making a decision.

Vys has 0 TWLD titles and 1 TWLD runner-up, and Mikkiz 1 TWLB title and 1 TWLB runner-up.

But Vys has like 4 TWDT-D titles and Mikkiz has 3 TWDT-B titles.

Mikkiz is a Top 5 all-time terr, he should be in the HoF. Ignoring his entire body of work in TWDT would be a mistake, IMO.

Even if it's just a small part of the equation, I think it would be beneficial to the process, especially for borderline cases.
                        I actually agree with this, because it's pretty obvious to me that Vys was one of the best WBs in the game in the mid-later years. People might not have liked him, and he did get life banned more than once, but he was/isone one of the top birds through the years.

I agree with Jones on all the older players. People seem to forget who those guys were, because it's been 15+ years, but all of them were easily recognized as the best at their time. Most are already in the HoF though.

As for the other stuff Jones said, I agree with him on everything except to point out that individual players may have rushed, but not whole squads as a regular playstyle. I saw Shriek and Rampage play back then too. Regardless, it doesn't matter if QS or Sweet or any squad gets added into the HoF. My thought was about trend-setters in that area, not 'squad that won the most titles'. Those are already in the HoF, although you could add Fierce, Penetrate, and Pandora, since they all won multiple different years. Even if you could prove that Shriek or Rampage started the style, neither of them were around long enough or were influential enough to create that trend in playstyle changes in the overall playerbase. That shift largely helped define much of the later LD winners, same as Sk8 or Onix did once upon a time. Also, you kept a picture of QS losing a TWDD game from like 10 years ago, so it seems like you may have a bit of a grudge going on? That seems a bit excessive. Oh, and I agree with you about Riverside. There are a lot of names I forgot about who likely deserve at least a nomination. Reaver, Deez Nuts, etc are just some that I remember.

Oh, and regarding squads like Shriek and Rampage (or Grapevine, or Quake, or Pirates, or Pallies, etc, etc, etc), neither won a title, yet I'd be willing to bet they'd win if they played in later years. I just think that matters, because we overlook those players/squads for not winning, yet I believe they'd absolutely have won if they played in recent seasons, if not blow the competition out of the water.
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I agree with Ogron that the HoF shouldn't be only about TWL. This is the main league, so performing in this league means more than everywhere else, but the arguments towards TWDT are true. I think it should be a HoF about Trench Wars overall, so for exemple if BobR created this zone as Jessup said, I think he deserve to be in this.

Comment

man stop pushing QS like they were a legendary squad and should be HoF- only Racka is worthy of HoF from the squad, and 98% of that comes from his time not with QS.

TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

My opinion is that none of these squads are shit.
                              Originally posted by trancE tunes
                              this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

Comment

I think a lot of people would agree, that Zidane should be added to the hall of fame. he is equal in skill or better then rough (a HOF) and has just as many, if not more titles then him, and they both have very comparable stats across all leagues in the past 10 years.
                                2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Working...
                                X