Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Basing Powers Will Emerge . . . Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Basing Powers Will Emerge . . . Again?

Yes, I was just looking over the Rosters on the TWD Site, and I came to realize three squads that are making great moves in their Basing lineups, and will be serious contenders for the TWLB Championship in Season 8.

Disoblige - The acquistions of Vatican Assassin, RabbitRapist, K2Grey, Tobe, and the return of Cumulonimbus have all been huge moves for Disoblige. I think if they keep the roster they have now, and they probably will pick up and lose a few good players, but I think Disoblige has loyal and very skilled members at the moment. If they keep this up, I see a TWLB Championship is their future.

Incuria - With the new recruits of Ajaxee, Deck, Punk Rock, Phrenitis, and Xu, Incuria will surely be a force to be reckoned with come TWL Season 8. Incuria's very backbone will also be there, panhandler, PaulO, Molgan, Zerzera, leroy, Zeus!! (ROFL, moral support I suppose ), and Jeansi.

whiterabbits - Well, the wabbits have been doing well in recruiting also. They have picked up Invincible, bioture, project [v-irus], and WPE. I think if WR can get their members active again, they'll be a big force in TWL Season 8 also. But I think you'll need the old members to show up more to do this: Ezo, LaBero, arrogance, Shade Child, Kaze, kiwi, tmare, etc etc.

Overall, these three squads have been benefited by the mass exodus on Rejected Basers, the Grapevine members leaving, and others just leaving their squad for one reason or another.

- V
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

agreed completely, but don't forget the squads that are already good contenders, and hopefully will still be around next season:

final
    a-s
    pallies
    spastic
    mambo
    i'm also expecting good efforts from basingcrew and distinct.

that makes 10 squads with a fighting chance, i'm looking forward to next season.

Comment

next season will be good I agree...last season the 14 squads decision was a good one and as a consequence twlb seemed far more organised than twld and twlj...doing the same thing next season might be a good idea and maybe bringing the same thing into the two corresponding leagues.

Comment

Look for the return of Spastic. After a pretty disappointing season, things seem to be looking up again with some great people returning and some new additions.
        sdg

Comment

Yeah RR, I'm hoping those squads will stick around for the next TWL. I wasn't trying to leave them out, I was showing people that those 3 squads (which seemed to be out of the loop in Season 7, no disrespect ) really will be much better this season, and TWL Season 8 will be one to be remembered, at least in the Basing aspect.

EDIT: Yeah Stab, Spastic looks like it will be ready for Season 8. TWL Season for Basing, I honestly can't wait.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

i hope all squads play each other too, none of this conferences bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitRapist
              i hope all squads play each other too, none of this conferences bullshit
              Well, if there is going to be Conferences, let's make them more even this time.

These Conferences would seem logical from how squads look NOW, this is nothing I'm suggesting to be final, but just an example. I'm also putting in squads that may not make TWLB, but I think will.

Eastern Conference
              1. Disoblige
              2. whiterabbits
              3. Venom (?)
              4. Pallies
              5. Mambo
              6. sk8
              7. Ultra OR Rejected Basers

Western Conference
              1. Spastic
              2. Anti-Scrub
              3. Distinct
              4. dicE (?)
              5. Incuria
              6. BasingCrew
              7. Wildfire (?)

EDIT: As you can see, I matched the Conferences up due to squad skill pretty well. Anti-Scrub and Disoblige are a match. Spastic and Pallies are a match. Incuria and whiterabbits are a match. dicE and Venom are a match. BasingCrew and Ultra/Rejected Basers are a match. Wildfire and sk8 are a match. And finally, Distinct and Mambo are a match.
              Last edited by Voth; 08-27-2004, 02:03 PM.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

If I had to make conferences i'd do it like this:

Eastern Conference
                1. Disoblige
                2. Anti-Scrub
                3. Distinct
                4. Pallies
                5. BasingCrew

Western Conference
                1. Spastic
                2. whiterabbits
                3. final
                4. Incuria
                5. Mambo

Comment

i am unconvinced about a lot of this speculation. squads are never good until they prove it, no matter who they have.
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

As of right now... just to be realistic, WRs isn't a top contender. Unless of course wpe, project and the other new recruits actually do something (as in play actively).

I think basing wise, Diso has really only improved with K2 and RR. I like Vati, I just don't think he would be their greatest starting shark. Cumulonimbus SEEMS like a great recruit, but he'll even tell you, he has trouble getting on for league games (that IS what you told me earlier this season right Cumulo? :P), but perhaps it'll be different this season.

As for us over at Incuria we have the same EXACT core as last season, and will continue to have it seeing as they ARE our core, and Incuria is their home. We'll try our best to incorporate everyone, but we're working on not sucking so much in wbs and javs (with the pick up of phren and deck and ecstatic). I can't wait until it comes down to figuring out lineups and having Ajaxee and Molgan ripping each other apart for the terring position, though I'm sure they don't give a shit cause both of them are awesome spiders and like to spider more than terr anyways. You did however forget in your "list" Skyforger and Eggs R Evil, possibly our best pushing spiders (Note: none of our spiders play defensive however).

Distinct looks promissing. Though a couple of them have beef with me (for whatever reasons), I think they have some decent talent. However, when it comes down to BIG matches, I don't think they have it yet, but I'm sure they think they do Right now they're a bunch of pickups from ?go base, if they learn to team a lot better, I'm sure they'll give everyone a suprise, but I wouldn't expect a playoff position, perhaps they'll prove me wrong.

Spastic seems to have lost a lot over the past season or so, but they gained back their old friends Pyroblast and Pure_Luck, both of whom I think could use a little deruster, and both of whom I don't believe will be able to be Spastic's saving grace. Is gabby gone? If so, Spastic really has to look for another STAR material shark. We would have heard a lot more about gabby this season if they had made it past the first round of playoffs I think, and without him, I think Spastic has a major weak spot (not going to even TOUCH their spiders :/ ).

Rejected Basers... well, this just makes me sad when I look at their depleted roster. They had a very rough, yet very successful season, and I'm sure if it hadn't been for OTHER internal issues, most of their starting/core lineup would have stayed. Heavensent and Bahamaut are going to need to play much bigger roles for RB this season, and I do believe they can do it.

Sage seems like an active young squad, but do they have the talent and/or leadership? I don't think so, another squad that needs to prove themselves, and looks like the new Rejected Basers (in my eyes).

Blah blah blah, I think I forgot some squads, w/e.... should be another interesting season to watch.

Comment

I think my squad is doing a great job in being a TWLB Champion underdog

Comment

distinct pwns you
                        distinct 4 twlb 8 champs

Comment

Most predictions and confrence set ups are pointless right now. Next season is a long way off and it really doesn't matter untill after the TWD qualification period ends. SOme squads always get cut off that peeps think should have made it. You're like kids on new years day talking about the next Christmas.

I know you're excited. However its always fun to see where your predictions land.
                          I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

But I love presents...

Comment

Paulio, I'm not just a wb/jav you know
                              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                              3 league vet

Comment

Working...
                              X