Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitch

man, you are really clueless on basing.
    In the many basing games I've watched and the few I've played in, I've noticed that MOST people don't lag out even once. Some people lag out 2-3 times, and some continously lag out. Those people shouldn't be playing, just like in all the other leagues. Perhaps 3 is too low as sometimes 1/2 a team may lag out for whatever reason. But then again if 3 is the rule for the other leagues why not?

I've played enough 150 player ww3s (and hosted a few too) with at least 15 people within screen for most of it to know that most people don't lag out. It's a cheap excuse to say that the 8v8 and 60 people in the arena will make you lag out more than 150 people who play ww3 who mostly don't lag out more than 3 times.

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch

man, you are really clueless on basing.
      I think it's a very good idea. It is probably the only way how the advantage a squad can get by playing an EXTREME laggy player can be ended. Also we all know there are players out there who use programs to increase there lag, like Louis imagined in another post. Those ppl are hard to trace, but if you make em spec when they lag out 3 times you can keep it as fair as possible for the other players who don't wanna use that kind of cheats and just wanna play a fair match.

-bram

ps. If you wanna call me and the rest of Disoblige clueless on basing please do Mitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
        In the many basing games I've watched and the few I've played in, I've noticed that MOST people don't lag out even once. Some people lag out 2-3 times, and some continously lag out. Those people shouldn't be playing, just like in all the other leagues. Perhaps 3 is too low as sometimes 1/2 a team may lag out for whatever reason. But then again if 3 is the rule for the other leagues why not?
        So true.
        "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine

I've played enough 150 player ww3s (and hosted a few too) with at least 15 people within screen for most of it to know that most people don't lag out. It's a cheap excuse to say that the 8v8 and 60 people in the arena will make you lag out more than 150 people who play ww3 who mostly don't lag out more than 3 times.

-Epi
          I agree. The unlimited lagouts rule is based more on a fear/speculation of some sort of nightmare scenario where an entire team lags out 3 times and can't play after that. The reality is that generally the same amount of people lag out in a base match than in any other kind of match (since you have more people playing, more will lag out). If you're prone to lag out in a duel/jav match, then you're prone to lag out in a base match. If you don't lag out in duel/jav matches, it's unlikely you'll lag out in a base match.

The time has come to reconsider the unlimited lagouts rule - it may be doing more harm than good (allowing laggers to play unfairly). Maybe make it 5 lagouts instead of 3 for a while, see if it screws anyone over and if it doesn't, bring it down to 3. The fact is, if someone lags out more than 5 times then they shouldn't be playing. thx we love to see you smile here's your sprite -=~*NT*~=-
          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
            i'm with 2d on this one for the simple fact my lag is down one day and i can base without laggin out once and then the next day i'll lag out like 15 times..ppl like me and 2d who dont have cable shouldnt have to pay for the fact other ppl live closer to the server or so on..not totaly our fault, and after all its a game thats free we should be happy we got a league like this for free and not bitch about lag this lag that..lag is in the game either way so why not leave it how it is. Base is my favorite league and i think it would suck to be "banned" frm playing base league bc of my lag its bad enough i hit ppl and they dont die and i gotta aim a whole screen ahead of them lol..not to mention it sucks when ur a jav and rocketing towards there terr and boom u spec or if u were there when terred and laged lol sucks it jsut pops up out of no where no reason to mess with lag things let them go if someone lags then work around it..its not like its heaven for us laggers either

Really Lag sucks theres nothing that great about it. Yea sometimes u get hit and dont die but still it doesnt outweigh the other factors.
            -----------------
            ~cat

Comment

Working...
            X