No announcement yet.

playoff format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bwahaha. I was gonna post that the playoffs would be between Elusive, Light, Siege, and Shriek as a joke but if what Epi says is true then that just might be how it will turn out.
    I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

From TWL website "You win the league you win the league, playoffs seem unfair when a squad works so hard for their standings."

Of course every real life sport that I've ever seen has playoffs, even those leagues which may play roughly 150 games in a season. Playoffs are just fun. Plus all kinds of intangibles, for example Pallies had to play Rabbits instead of Siege; not to mention people having to miss games and well maybe not injuries... but Mitch did break that wrist, playoffs lets teams who maybe got some bad luck have a second chance. Afterall there would be seeding and if #1 really was number 1 they should still have no trouble beating #8. Trench Wars needs playoffs.

Edit: I had to edit this after I realized it was just twlb that probably won't have playoffs.
      Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 07-19-2002, 06:44 PM.

Comment

yeah good point Epine, I just feel personally.. Utopia got back somewhat late in the season.. i got Kidkaos somewhat late in the season.. and a few others so i was hoping.. to get the lineup.. somewhat gelled.. around playoff time. that is why i say 8 seeds.. per conf.. because sometimes some teams gel late.. in the season.. but are talented enough to contend in the playoffs. but if it doesnt work that way, i still had fun playin in the season. but im sure, it would be much more competitive and interesting with 8 seeds in a conf.. ppl love watching upsets.. =]
        RaCka> how can i get you here
        death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
        RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
        death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
          if #1 really was number 1 he should still have no trouble beating #8. Trench Wars needs playoffs.
          yeah tru dat, or i mean it could also go like this.. 6 seeds

#1 seed and # 2 seed get the bye week

while #3 plays # 6 and #4 plays # 5 the winners out of those would play the # 1 seed and the # 2 seed. that will allow the #1 seed and the # 2 seed to rest for a week.. and watch the other teams play to prepare and get rdy for who there opponent will be. that would be a well deserved incentive for the # 1 seed and the # 2 seed for having the top 2 rec's.
          RaCka> how can i get you here
          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Working...
          X