TWLD Hot or Not Week 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Hot or Not Week 8

Yes, it is coming, but I've been busy this evening, I'll get to it tomorrow so dont get impatient
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Maybe you can avoid putting your own ass in the Hot or Not section this week because 5-10 is just nice and mediocre.

Comment

You'll see

Comment

TWL-D Regular Season Week 4 ::::: Hot or Not :::::

After this week the seeds in TWL playoffs are pretty much locked with the order being Quake, Thunder, Heavy, Pirates, Sweet, and Dynasty. Possibly the most game changing this that happened in this week though, was Dwopple managing to get himself banned from the first round of the LB tourny for Pirates.

Featured Game ::::: Quake vs Heavy :::::

Quake started this game pretty well and jumped on Heavy’s aggressive play with their running and lobbing. Things got good for Heavy for a moment as Peru got spawned out by RaCka and they were only down by about 6, but Heavy couldn’t stick together as a team and shortly after the 5v4 they had Izor died out to a sea of spam and a bullet he had a hard time seeing through all of it which evened it up and sealed Heavy’s fate. After that Heavy started to get some kills, but they were so far in the whole at that point that they were eventually whittled away by Quakes off radar shots.

Final score: Quake 50 Heavy 38

Sweet vs Dynasty :::::

This was a very back and forth game that featured lots of action. Weak started off with a 6-2 at which point most of spec chat said ‘hes going to choke, watch.’ (he really didn’t choke) Caos’s stray game and Regen’s hangover both got them into trouble with 9 deaths pretty early, and despite regen dying out Dynasty still looked like they had a good chance of winning since the score was even. Sweet wasn’t looking particularly strong except for Jones, who had 15-6 midway through the game. With Caos on 9 in a 4v5, Dynasty decided they would stop at nothing to get him out, and it ended up costing them and both Weak and Exalt tried to suicide him out and got lured into bad deaths. Pretty soon it was a 1v5 with only Exalt in, and he started doing his shake and bake moves really impressing people with his dodging, but unfortunately it just wasn’t going to happen for Dynasty and he ended up dying after a few minutes of showboating.

Final score: Sweet 50 Dynasty 43

Rape vs WhiskeyJack :::::

I put a lot of TWLM money into 800 rated Rape coming out with a win against 1300 rated WhiskeyJack, despite thinking this match actually had the possibility of an upset. When I came to the arena, Valholy was crying that Dameon Angell wouldn’t let him play on his computer, so he was forced to use a laptop to play. Such a selfish display surely didn’t bode well for Rape who needs their teaming to be on point with their playstyle. Unfortunately I missed the first part of this match because it started later than the Thunder match that was going on at the same time, but when I came back in and saw safia 5-2 I knew it was a baaad day for WhiskeyJack

Final score: Rape 50 WhiskeyJack 27

Pirates vs Sake :::::

I had a game of my own to play in, so I didn’t see this, but after further review, it appears that Sake did their usual and had no real wb’s show up so they used Barton and Azreal. Barton and Mega newbie proceeded to have lag issues, but they still managed to keep it close against a Pirates team which seemed rattled by their previous week’s blowout loss to Heavy. Had it been a real 5v5 Pirates would have probably lost and most of TW would have laughed, but now we just have to wait for playoffs.

Final score: Pirates 43 Sake 37

Thunder vs Disoblige :::::

At 1 pm my time I had 2 choices: waste my time watching Rape destroy WhiskeyJack or waste my time watching Thunder manhandle Disoblige. Since one of the games started late, regrettably I was able to waste more time watching both. I stopped watching this one though when NO CREAT{URE NO VICTORY was 7-1, which was actually fairly early in the match. GG to Disoblige as theyre about to finish up their winless LD season next week

Final score: Thunder 50 Disoblige 34

Hot Player of the Week ::::: Jones :::::

You’d be hard pressed to find a more game-changing performance all season, let alone this week that what Jones did to Dynasty. His lag, luck, and rushes which combined the two were simply too dominant. Considering the way Exalt was playing for Dynasty, he truly did have one of the top 5 weeks we’ve seen this season.

Not Player of the Week ::::: Izor :::::

While being spammed is a legitimate reason for someone not to play up to their potential, it isn’t entirely an excuse to do as far under their 11-8 TWL avg coming into the game as a 5-10 would be. Dying out in a 5v4 situation is something that you don’t often see a player of Izor’s caliber do, so cross your fingers for TWL finals again if you make it that far, Quake.

Comment

You are gay.
          1:pascone> bike u gonna fold like a shirt in twl?

jack> (6")-o KIRBY punches you two sillys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgVYGbIUepQ

Comment

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo l
            Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

Val still can't use my computer, lmao.
              DELETED

Comment

Just like I said... I knew you wouldn't be able to resist putting your name and that of your bang bus buddies in the hot or not. The fact that you have positive records in TWL, Izor is a testament to how many shit players around now a days and the total number of truly talented players is equal to about as many fingers I have on my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                  Dying out in a 5v4 situation is something that you don’t often see a player of Izor’s caliber do, so cross your fingers for TWL finals again if you make it that far, Quake.
                  ROFL, I expected nothing more from a player of Izor's caliber.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                    ROFL, I expected nothing more from a player of Izor's caliber.
                    Izor always dies out first.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                      It's obvious that had I not been spammed the whole game I would have done better than 5-10, because im pretty much the best wb in the zone.

hahaha what a guy
                      TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I've only played 1 TWLD game ever, but I think I've been around the game long enough to know.....Using the ?ignore command takes no more than 2 seconds to type for the average 5th grader, probably less for an avid Subspacer, and can be typed during the respawn time, or just fly away for 2 seconds, type it, and back into battle again....

Dwopple is an idiot for doing it, and I hope pirates lose next week in LB without him because of this alone, but stop trying to blame any more than ONE death on his spamming. 9 were your fault for not ignoring him when given the chance (Though I don't believe he even PM'd you during the game) Swallow your pride and admit you got beat.

Oh, and you were down 11 when Peru was knocked out....not 6.

Comment

go kill yourself
                          (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                          (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                          (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                          (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

i would have shit on pirates

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post

Oh, and you were down 11 when Peru was knocked out....not 6.
                              Nice try to revise history though, Izor.

Comment

Working...
                              X