Trench Wars Spider League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Wars Spider League

Let's start it. Trench Wars Spider League Season 13. Enough of this we're still in testing phase crap, it's been around for a while... so let's get it on like Marvin Gaye.

I'm down like Rihanna in a brawl with Chris Brezzy
    1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
    1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
    1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
    1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
    1:exquisite> like zzzzz
    1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
    1:exquisite> ya
    1:Ease> try skipping school
    1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
    1:Kian> LOL EASE
    1:Collusion> LOOL
    1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KiAN View Post
      I'm down like Rihanna in a brawl with Chris Brezzy
      .................................................. .....................lol
      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
        Let's start it. Trench Wars Spider League Season 13. Enough of this we're still in testing phase crap, it's been around for a while... so let's get it on like Marvin Gaye.
        real talk lets do it up dog
        (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
        (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
        (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
        (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

yea, cant wait to destroy all newbs in green ship, cuz i smoke green and that makes u good at spider

Comment

not to be a downer or anything.. but the current spider league is prob the worst league i've seen in TW. =/

just a few pointers i've experienced from it:
            - this is more of a 'get the flag and keep it' game than a spider duel game
            - and for 'get the flag and keep it' with 4+ spiders, we already have basing for that
            - for a zone that warns/specs people for running and hiding in elim, events, etc... the current spider league pretty much promotes running and hiding. If my team is up by 100 with a minute remaining, its totally possible to win by just running and hiding for the rest of the game.

to be frank, i like the old spider vs spider, 10 deaths per person league better
            1 + 1 = 1

Comment

"We're testing" was to be an open+public test till the end of TWL...
              Now that TWL is over i have more time to spend on looking at
              tweaking settings for TWSD and gathering feedback from squads that have been playing it...

Can't make it a League until It's Finalized anyway...
              PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
              Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

I think sd atm is pretty fun.

just an idea though (didn't think into the flaws of it) why not remove flag so its just 3 v 3 attach onto teammates use bricks and kill as much as you can in the time limit without any point enhancers.
                1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I agree with this statement. Make TWLS. Add another dimension to TWL. If anything it will be the joke league of TWL at worst, but still fun to play... while at best it will be considered a good league with the rest of them. Either way, I think it should be implimented before the next TWL.

You have plenty of time to get this done... the next TWL is very far off... get this done its now or never. I don't want to wait another year for you to be saying the same things about (its not done testing). If you can't get it done after 2+ years of this thing going on, then just scrap it from TWD also.
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

All twsd needs to be perfect imo is something to limit the possibility of running with flag.

Just from the top of my head I can think of two countermeasures for it:
                    Add some walls to prevent free circulation so you can't run in those big circles along the border of the map.
                    Reduce the flagholders running speed instead of the turning speed.

There's probably more you can do to limit running/hiding too, just do something and it's all good and ready for TWLS!
                    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                      I agree with this statement. Make TWLS. Add another dimension to TWL. If anything it will be the joke league of TWL at worst, but still fun to play... while at best it will be considered a good league with the rest of them. Either way, I think it should be implimented before the next TWL.

You have plenty of time to get this done... the next TWL is very far off... get this done its now or never. I don't want to wait another year for you to be saying the same things about (its not done testing). If you can't get it done after 2+ years of this thing going on, then just scrap it from TWD also.
                      Heh thanks Exalt, glad you know all about what needed to be done and
                      how much hounding was needed for the bot to make it into what it currently is...
                      MMav did an excellent job, but is the most busy of all botdev...

Why don't you give us some constructive ideas/feedback
                      towards it if you enjoy it, and make it into the solid
                      game it can be for TWD...

Yes it took awhile... and i think its almost there,
                      and at the time of "publicly testing in twd" we'd considered it to be 90%.
                      But IMO it just needs the slightest of tweaks,
                      gathered from player feedback like Noah's...

@Downfall - Removing the flag removes the dynamic of the concept
                      it was based on, and the settings have already been changed to
                      only allow the flagger to get 2x kill multiplier rather than a whole
                      team bonus...

The flag gives a focus point on the underlying principal of it...
                      Which is Teaming!
                      Last edited by RiiStar; 03-26-2009, 06:13 AM.
                      PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
                      Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

I agree completely with the flag. It creates a focus point for the game and encourages a way of teaming found in no other leagues. I never bothered with TWSD before it was changed into what it is today, it is much more interesting with a flag.
                        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

1 small tweak should be the random ship damage (but i think it's due to faster recharging in SD according to PureOwnage) it should be like the normal spider; 3 hits is a kill with multifire on, it gets a bit tedious sometimes to hit someone 4-5 times and they wont die when they have flag.

Other than that..maybe a couple of extra walls or "forts" could be added to the map, just to make it slightly more interesting (only the top right and bottom left corners are worthy of a place to stick the flag holder).
                          I'm definitely vouching to get TWLS, it will bring some excitement to TWL; I for one will definitely be going for it!
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

If it is currently random damage than that's a mistake that wasn't intended. From the first time I saw the game run, I knew there was only one problem with the setup and that is that the team that got the flag seemed to run a little too much. Since then I've talked with Rii about it and he's been making the flag carrier slower, reduced the amount of points he get's for kills. I'm not sure if you get a periodic bonus of points for holding the flag anymore but if you do that might be one way to solve the problem of the team with the flag running too much.

It might be better if the team with the flag only get's bonus points if the person with the flag is actually getting kills (2x or 3x the points per kill). In which case I think it would be good to reduce the movement penalties on the flag carrier or remove them altogether, and scrap the periodic bonus for holding the flag. Personally I believe a slight movement penalty (rotation and speed) on the flag carrier with 2x or 3x the bonus points per kill is enough incentive to get the flag, but not enough of a modifier that if you get the flag you'll be inclined to run the whole game and manage to win because of it.

I don't advocate removing the flag as some might suggest, it does promote teamwork and I believe it's the bridge between making twsd into a nice combination of dueling and basing.
                            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                            3:Best> see it coming
                            3:Best> sad

Comment

no idea why ppl are crying about ppl running with the flag...... if u can learn to fly around obstacles it really is no problem...... oh and can team decent.

Comment

Working...
                              X