TWLD Hot or Not - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Hot or Not - Week 4

better late than never - too lazy last night and worked extra late tonight. Also, how bout that walk off double from Rollins?! Sorry if I get names and such wrong, but I'm writing this from how i remember yesterday. Feel free to add corrections.

Match of the Week - Fatal 50 - Rapid 45

This is why I picked this as the match of the week last week, although it was about the only thing I got right. Rapid had a couple players on high deaths quickly and it was very close until around 35-35 when "Baron 500msen" (I like that name, props to the newbie i stole it from) got killed and promptly spawned out by Spaceship. That was probably the turning point of the match, but Rapid still somehow managed to keep it deceivingly close despite Displaced and saetep running around like faggots and not doing anything. This was a big win for Fatal as they have beaten a lot of their opposition for a playoff spot and should easily make it at this point, barring losses to serenity or wolf type squads.

Epidemic 50 - Quicksand 39

Was obvious that this game was going to go one way or the other depending on which team's aim showed up, and Quicksand's didnt. a2m and Strong struggled from the start and RaCkamania was having a hard time putting up the 20+ he needed to come out with a victory as QS continued to struggle for a second week this year against other top squads. Delectable pretty much single handedly won this game for Epidemic beating a lot of poorly aimed rushes.

Mad 50 - Shinobi 47

Two very close games for Shinobi in as many weeks...unfortunately they both end up as losses. I dont know what to write about Mad's performance here except it wasnt what we expected from them, but I suppose its nice to see that vys didnt kill himself and still plays this game. Rasaq proved that maybe given a team he can do big things in TWL with his 19-10, but was undermined by Hercules dying out in 5 mins down by 1 and by Quartz still being probably the worst wb in TWL.

Serenity 50 - Wolf 44

Somewhere lost in that 3 pm timeslot filled with Rapid vs Fatal and Mad vs Shinobi was another seemingly good game. No one I know watched it because it was Serenity and Wolf, but Burg delivered another huge performance and carried against Wolf's weakened roster. I bet they're missing Rasaq right now, because losing to jaa is always pretty embarrassing. Especially when he's accompanied by players like 'Junoon' Harder and Joyrider. I dont know if this was an upset but it certainly wasnt what I predicted.

Thunder 50 - Dice 37

Dice is pathetic...almost as pathetic as Reaver this season. Theres nothing to report from this game other than Ease continuing his domination of squads this season with a 14-6.

Sage 50 - Warpath 32

Does sage actually have some players or is Warpath that bad? After looking at who played for warpath, I'm going to say that Warpath was just that bad. Kawrae still showed that he can put up 17 kills on players like chompie, tractable, darkmoor, and quart, but I'm not going to believe in them until they actually beat someone decent.

HOT player of the week - Burg

A big win for Serenity this week is delivered mostly by Big Burg. He might have single handedly made Paky Dude dissolve his terrible squad for a second straight season by touching them up for a 16 kill performance. Unfortunately no one was there to witness it. :/ Honorable mentions are Ease (14-6) Jones (14-8) Kawrae (17-9) and Rasaq (19-10)

NOT Player of the week - Hercules

A seasoned TWL veteran should not die out so soon in a close game, leaving his teammates in a 4v5 and arguably costing them the game. A 6-10 isnt quite as bad as a 5-10 from teammate Quartz on paper, but we know better. Maybe some practice would do you good during the week? Honorable mentions for the week are Strong and Quartz (5-10).
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

way to make sure we didnt go 0-11. gettum BURG
    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

They dont call Burg 'Barnum & Bailey' for nothing... he truely is THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.
      3x TWLD All-Star
      2x TWLD Finals MVP
      2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

the games were predictable and boring.
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
          aren't you a positive person, i bet everyone cheers and smiles in the presence of jones

no wonder riverside is such a pleasant guy to be around
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Also posted in: TWL HoN
            Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
            24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
            1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
              Just like your personality type Jones so I guess you had the most fun out of us all.
              2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

i guess some people are bitter and surprised over the results of the weekly 2 dimensional space navigation games

Comment

I played twl on my laptop this weekend lol.
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                  4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                  4:Geio> DEEZ?
                  4:Geio> LOLOL
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                  4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                  4:spirit> LOL
                  4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                  4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

been doing that for well over a year now and worse, i sit in my bed unless there is a game i want to win more :O

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
                      I played twl on my laptop this weekend lol.
                      siiiiiick
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

yea im furious!
                        2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

I blame Iron Survivor's time-zone management abilities. And Kawrae's aim.
                          When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                            I blame Iron Survivor's time-zone management abilities. And Kawrae's aim.
                            My inconsistent computer stability doesn't help but whatever.

Comment

Good write Izor, all things considered. Thanks
                              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Working...
                              X