TWLJ Week 4 Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLJ Week 4 Hot or Not

First off, my apologies for the lateness of this submission. I had two midterms and two papers due this week, so quite honestly javelins were the last thing on my mind. Anyways, let’s get on with it…

Sage vs Dice: 42-50

This was a fantastic game just like I was expecting. The only thing that disappointed me was Spikey’s late arrival. If Spikey had been there from the start, given the quick pace Sage jumped off to, I honestly think Sage would have won. As a result, Reab (2-7), who Spikey should have been playing for, cost Sage this match. Dutch_ (8-10) started off very poorly but picked it up as the game progressed. Kawrae (13-10) had me on the edge of my seat when at some point in the game he was like 9-1. When the game reached the 40s it was extremely close and very climactic. Eventually Sage choked with some very poor deaths and Dice pulled away with the win. Havok (1-6) almost cost Dice this game. Luckily the other four starters, led by Maketso (12-7), were able to compensate for his dreadful play and managed to maintain Dice’s undefeated season. Nonetheless, this was definitely the most exciting game I have observed thus far this season.

Mad vs Respect: 39-50

This was a shocker to say the least. Respect won its first game of the season against a perceived top tier squad. To understand what happened here, I decided to interview one of Mad’s starters, it went something like this:

Marge> yo ed, what happened?
    EvilDeed> scoop happened
    Marge> what? saw you were subbed when you were 4-5…why?
    EvilDeed> scoop is an idiot, thought i was about to “lag out” so he subbed me
    Marge> lol?
    EvilDeed> yea then he told me to stop crying when i yelled at him

So I guess this poor captaincy (if it actually went down like that) can be one of the reasons for this embarrassing loss. EvilDeed is in fact proving to be one of Mad’s more consistent starters this season and that kind of sub just seems quite impractical. What’s even better is how he subbed himself in only to record one kill (1-5). Other notable poor performances include Requiem (2-5) and M_M God (2-5). Credit must also be given to Respect who had a good game. Eelam (11-9) finally stepped out of his hibernating cave and gained the confidence to play another game. He had quite an impressive performance and had a significant part in Respect’s win. Similarly, Hypocrit (12-8) stepped up and picked a very good time to have his first good game of the season. All in all, I hand out my congratulations to Respect for finally getting a sense of winning, and what an important win it was.

Impala vs Boss: 27-50

What a rape… from beginning to end, just rape. Sodly (8-10) did his best to try and make some sort of reasonable impact, but in the end there was very little he could do. Sexotic (3-10) and Versa (0-5) were probably the biggest contributors to the loss. I guess it was understandable coming from Versa who played his first TWL game ever and had to change shirts after the round. Honestly, I was expecting this game to be closer, but Boss didn’t ease down on Impala at all. Kid Cudi (11-4) continued playing well and Scarce (10-3) finally had a good game. Ultimately all of Boss just dominated, keeping their squad in good standing as the playoffs are approaching.

Rapid vs Shinobi: 27-50

I’m getting tired of seeing Rapid get blown out every week and Golden_Aim (3-10) letting his brother play. All jokes aside, who is this guy? This cannot be the same Golden_Aim that was on Deliria last year and all those other squads in the prior TWLJ seasons. Fludd and I spectated him for a good five minutes and were astounded at how awful he was playing. Herbalist Yangyun (4-10) had a similar game, giving Rapid absolutely no chance to even break the 30 mark. I hate to say it, but it seems like Creature is proving to be Rapid’s most consistent jav this season, and this by no means is a good sign. Shinobi on the other hand showed up ready to play, with Wax (15-5) and Hercules (12-4) leading as expected. There is little else I can say about Shinobi because judging their skill based upon how they played against Rapid is quite meaningless.

Thunder vs Fatal: 50-30

Not that the game was close at all, but a squad finally managed to break the 30 kill mark against Thunder. Thunder has proceeded through their season thus far with incredible ease. Perhaps this can be attributed to their easy schedule. Their skill may finally be tested this week against the higher tier (although I am no longer sure after their performance vs Respect) Mad. It’s a good sign that Thunder’s two jav legends Fludd (12-5) and Ease (13-6) are on top of their game. When these two play well, it is very rare that Thunder loses or even faces a close game. Medic (5-10), Lordy (0-4), and Jones (1-6) are notable poor performances for Fatal. It’s hard to blame them too much however, as they were up against a line that has proven to be a little more than overwhelming to the majority of TWLJ squads.

In summary:

Hot of the Week: Eelam/Hypocrit combo
    Honourable Mention: Maketso, Mess, Wax

Not of the Week: Rapid
    Honourable Mention: Scoop, Sexotic, Versa, Reab
    Last edited by Marge; 10-23-2009, 05:58 PM. Reason: Messed up Thunder vs Fatal score... thanks Maketso.

ur the hottie of the week.

Comment

Working...
    X