TWLJ Predictions ["Projections"]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLJ Predictions ["Projections"]

Woah, what a week! Did anyone see the meteor shower yesterday? Personally I missed the whole thing because it was too fucking cloudy in Finland! Thank God there will be another meteor shower next month (around December 12th-14th), I sure hope the weather permits me to see that one. :wub:

Unfortunately I can't be as enthusiastic about TWLJ this week because most of the matches are pointless and serve no purpose what so ever. There's a grand total of three matches that might be worth watching and the other two matches are insignificant; thus I will not place any predictions on the those two matches. In case you aren't sure which those two matches are, simply open (or click) twl.trenchwars.org and then scroll down this prediction to see which two matches are missing.

Respect vs. Rapid

This would have been my pick as Match of the Week, but unfortunately Rapid has been a bit too, erm, inconsistent when it comes to lineups and people showing to the games.

This is big match (at least in my opinion) for Respect. With a win they will guarantee a No. 6 seed for Playoffs, which means they will completely ruin Sages chance of making it to the Playoffs. To tell the truth, neither one of these squads have been impressive in the past two weeks of TWLJ, however this is both squads golden opportunity to do something meaningful this season in TWLJ. There's a slim chance that Rapid will beat Respect (albeit they are the underdogs this game, I have to admit that) this week thus completely ruining Respects chance to make it to TWLJ Playoffs.

Last week was a catastrophe for Respect. They failed to show a decent 5th player that ruined their game against a slightly stronger (and better) Boss. It is extremely unlikely that Respect will fail to show their best players from this week forward, as now their most important matches are starting. I am expecting their strongest player, Cuji, to do some work and carry them this match. Where has Eelam been at? I sure hope he will show this week to play, he has been warming the bench too much lately. Either way, good luck with this match!

As for Rapid, there simply isn't much to add. They haven't got a chance to make it to the Playoffs but they still can make an impact and remove Respects chance for Playoffs by beating them. Rapid completely ruined their season in TWLJ with poor shows, if they had been adding the right lineups they just might have made it to the Top 6.

Lineup of Respect: Cuji, Dreamwin, Hypocrit, Paradise, Eelam
    Substitutes: Shock Therapy, Kid

Lineup of Rapid: MHz, Festival, Creature, Avatar, Golden_Aim
    Substitutes: Violence, Herbalist Yangyun

Score: 50-42; Respect wins.
    MVP: Cuji

Shinobi vs. Dice

Here's our little Match of the Week featuring No. 1 and No. 4 Seeds. Although it's pretty obvious which squad has the upper hand this match, I do see a small glimpse of hope that Shinobi will manage to pull an upset against a slightly stronger Dice.

The winning squad of this match will get No. 1 seed for Playoffs. It would be an interesting scenario to see Shinobi win this one; this way Shinobi would be No.1 and Dice would be No. 2, which would lead both Mad and Thunder to play the Single Elimination for last two spots (although they wouldn't face eachother). Unfortunately this scenario is unlikely to happen, as I simply don't see Dice losing a match on purpose even though it would benefit them quite a bit.

Dice got a big win against much weaker Thunder (whom was missing a lot of players and added Ceyve who hadn't played in ages) that I expected to be a close match. The most dominating players in Dice this season have without a doubt been Mess and Megaman89, and I expect those two to do well for the rest of the season. They have enough excellent javelins in their TWL roster, that even if some of their starters can't show for the game they should be just fine.

Shinobi has suprised me this season. I did not expect them to do this well, but it's unlikely that they'll be in the Finals (albeit it's possible that they will get to the Semi-Finals if they can beat their opponent in the Single Elimination) unless they can win this game, then there's a slightly higher chance for that to happen. There hasn't really been a leading (or dominating) player in Shinobi this season, although if I had to pick two they would be Shan (74 - 52 after 7 matches) and TiduZ (69 - 58 after 8 matches). Will Peasant Tom make his appearance this week? I sure hope so!

Lineup of Dice: Megaman89, Stayon, Evasive, HLK, Mess
    Substitutes: Century, FieryFire, Plob#f

Lineup of Shinobi: Hercules, Wax, Shan, TiduZ, Cross
    Substitutes: Pjotter, Dawk

Score: 50-40; Dice wins.
    MVP: Mess

Thunder vs. Boss

As I was talking with Ease earlier today in Baseelim, I heard a few interesting (not to mention funny) things from him. Although I doubt he was serious about it, it's still worth a mention. By the way this game could be good one, even though Boss is overestimating themselves when I see them in the game.

Basically this is a match between No. 4 and No. 5 seeds. If Thunder manages to win this they'll be seeded as No. 3, but if they lose they'll be No. 5 and face a different opponent in the Single Elimination and Playoffs. This brings me to the conversation earlier today as Ease kind of hinted to me that he might be adding a weaker lineup for this kind of a situation to happen. Tactically it would be a smart move to do, but will he do it? We'll see about that.

Thunder completely failed last week (I wish I had seen the match; this way I could've made fun out of Ceyve in his chat when he was playing and maybe motivate him a bit) and this kind of a failure is unlikely to happen again this season. If Thunder had one better player to replace Amputate they would be pretty much unstoppable. Fludd, Marge, Ease and Exquisite are all excellent players that know how to play together, where as Amputate, erm, he plays in a different way than the other four do! This might be Thunders Achilles' heel this season, so I most certainly hope Ceyve unrusts and starts to play so we could see an even stronger Thunder.

Boss made a great win against Respect (whom failed to show a decent 5th player) last week. Funnily enough when I saw the lineups in this game I predicted the exact score for Boss before the game began. Nonetheless this week will be a completely different one for you. It's all up to Ease and Thunder how they'll play their cards and I find it extremely unlikely that you could even score 40 kills against Thunder if they decide to win it with style. I am not too sure about who to pick as the player to watch this match, although I am expecting Kid Cudi to do fairly well yet again.

Lineup of Thunder: Ease, Fludd, Marge, Exquisite, Amputate
    Substitutes: Ceyve, Necromotic, Waven

Lineup of Boss: Kid Cudi, Locket, Scarce, Lorko, Toxie
    Substitutes: Statis, Explode

Score: 50-37; Thunder wins if Ease wants to win this game. If not, then..
    MVP: Fludd

There you have the three predictions for this week. By the way, Mad is going to beat Impala and Sage is going to beat Fatal, this is a fact. I would most likely just boast about Kill - Death ratios instead of focusing on the predicting as it is way too late for me and those two matches are pointless.

post scriptum: tired, tired, tired, tired. why did I write this? fuck.
    Last edited by Turban; 11-18-2009, 03:56 PM. Reason: lineup fix

didnt know we had 2 players named scarce :P

Comment

You do from this day forward. As I said I was tired. :fear:

Edit'D.

Comment

how would us losing benefit us? We will be #1, mad #2, thunder #3, shinobi #4.
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
        1:waven> is if im going to prison
        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

if you would lose and Thunder wins, the Top 4 would (most likely) look like this:

#1 Shinobi
          #2 Dice
          #3 Mad
          #4 Thunder

You would face Mad in Semi-Finals and Thunder in Finals if you can beat us. And both Mad and Thunder would have to go through the Single Elimination this way and possibly get owned by the 1 round luck fest.

:fear:

Comment

Blargh I am too lazy to edit my last post. If all matches go as planned (no upsets at all) the Top 6 will look like this after the regular season:

#1 Dice
            #2 Mad
            #3 Thunder (match against #6 and winner will face #2)
            #4 Shinobi (match against #5 and winner will face #1)
            #5 Boss
            #6 Respect

This would be an ideal situation for Dice, however if Thunder decides to lose their match (by adding a 5th string lineup) then the situation would be completely different (although this is unlikely to happen, as this way Thunder can beat the fuck out of Eelam):

#1 Dice
            #2 Mad
            #3 Shinobi (match against #6 and winner will face #2)
            #4 Boss (match against #5 and winner will face #1)
            #5 Thunder
            #6 Respect

If it would end up like this, Dice would have to face Thunder in Semi-Finals. Another unlikely scenario, although there is a small chance of it happening.

Winning is a better move if Thunder defeats Boss. However if they lose their match against Boss, then you have the option to lose yours (30 minutes later) and get an easier Semi-Final opponent than Thunder.

:fear:

Comment

I like how random newbies are judging my playstyle because I did bad one game this season so far, which was only 0-3. Sorry I didn't pull something out of my ass to make a comeback from a -10 losing game and besides that dodge a spawn/teamate catching a bomb to take me out.

I think we all know this already, but trench wars is going downhill. turban, I don't know you but I think I've trash talked you before so that explains your hate towards me, but I don't mind it just shows how useless you really are, you have to take it out on the forums because you fail to contribute in the game.

Man since I came back to this game I've never seen such criticism to the old players, especially blood. yeah he may suck now, but there was a time where he was one of the best and no one playing right now would be able to match him, now you got players like apok. Anyways, there's my rant, back to modern warfare 2.
              Last edited by Amputate; 11-19-2009, 10:13 PM.
              Syndicate - 2 time TWL-D/TWL-J Champions
              Thunder - Season 11 TWL-J Champions
              Amputate - TWEL-J Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Amputate View Post
                Man since I came back to this game I've never seen such criticism to the old players, especially blood. yeah he may suck now, but there was a time where he was pretty much unstoppable and no one playing right would be able to match him, now you got players like apok. Anyways, there's my rant, back to modern warfare 2.
                you shouldn't be in a line with Fludd Marge Ease and exquisite.

you are too rusty OR you suck now. Either way you are playing bad, and having you in with those guys is hurting the team. nothing personal, it's just crampin your team.

waven is a better player than you right now. And plus, You came out of nowhere and started playing lj, waven has been around a lot more.

Stop blaming this game going down on one dude's opinion of 1 twlj week.
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                  you shouldn't be in a line with Fludd Marge Ease and exquisite.

you are too rusty OR you suck now. Either way you are playing bad, and having you in with those guys is hurting the team. nothing personal, it's just crampin your team.

waven is a better player than you right now. And plus, You came out of nowhere and started playing lj, waven has been around a lot more.

Stop blaming this game going down on one dude's opinion of 1 twlj week.
                  I think I easily should be, and there is a reason I am. I may be rusty but I am still one of the top javs right now and that's not saying a lot. As I said before, it was one bad game from what I explained but you're not getting that through your thick head, I haven't done anything amazing yet but it is still during the season.

It's ok for ceyve to go 3-10 but I can't go 0-3? why should he have that opportunity? and did waven not do bad also that game? it seemed like before I showed up to the match we were losing, and waven was playing that game. No offense to him, but he doesn't even play much anymore which is why he's not as good as he used to be. and yeah I came out of "nowhere" to play again, who cares? I can come back when I feel like it, ease can start me if he wants too, he obviously knows how to run a squad better than you, and you're definitely not somebody to be judging me, look at yourself.

And this game is actually going downhill, I don't think you played in the earlier seasons when we had prime banzi/sika/blood/myth/psymorph/fireballz/demonfaze and I can go on with that list. TW lost about a 100 playerbase community. Barely have enough squads to fill TWL, it takes no effort to make it and we had to lower TWL from 16 squads to like 10 now. Now this game is not nearly as competitive as it was before, don't try telling me this game isn't going downhill, I guarantee you I can get any vets to agree with me.
                  Syndicate - 2 time TWL-D/TWL-J Champions
                  Thunder - Season 11 TWL-J Champions
                  Amputate - TWEL-J Champion

Comment

you forgot..
                    Rule was one of the best javs and is probably the best jav right now.

is he being sarcastic?!
                    (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                    (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                    (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                    (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Turban: WTF? lol

Whats the difference if we play thunder in semi's or in finals?
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Would you rather get your ass kicked in the Semis or Finals? Your pick. :fear:

Comment

re

amp the javs u listed all suck no offense, but ye you should be in starting lineup. Just wanted to say the javs you thought were good suck, and are newbies.

p.s. turban please get good already dirty newbie, you lost to dw in TWLJ
                          TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                          TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                          KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                          1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                          1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Amputate View Post
                            Rant about me "judging his playstyle" and such things, when he clearly misunderstood my intentions.
                            Dear Amputate, let me get this straight in your thick head once and for all.

I did not judge your playstyle in a manner that you should be offended about. I don't hate you at all, in fact, I don't give a damn about what players say to me in the game and can't recall talking with you a single time. Why can't we get along, love? :wub:

Why are you ignoring the fact that I did add you to the starting lineup? You are light-years ahead of Ceyve in terms of skill as he has not played in ages and literally doesn't care about the game anymore. Don't even get me started on Waven, he simply isn't good enough to be considered as a starter.

Why do you feel so threatened about my post? You shouldn't be. I am just simply giving my personal opinion about you and Thunder, and trust me, I do not my judgment be clouded by personal feelings. It is not my call who Thunder adds to their lineups, and even if Ceyve would return back to his old self, Ease would most likely bench himself for Ceyve so you could play this damn game that you care about.

Let me give a few tips for you to work on, although I don't think you will even bother to look at the tips. If you can do well and get better in these small aspects of the game, you would definitely be more useful for the team:

# Be a team player; stick with the team and give them bullet cover.
                            # Adabt a more offensive playstyle to match others in Thunder
                            # Learn how to pressure your opponent with the team
                            # Know how to set up easy kills for your team by luring
                            # Use your own brain for the love of God

And you most definitely should try to get rid of a few things that you are known for in your playstyle. Or at least weaken those aspects of your playstyle and try to match it with Thunders. These small things (I am sure you have noticed the way you play, at least subconsciously) need to be worked on:

# You run when an enemy is coming closer instead of facing him.
                            # Hiding and waiting for your opponent to fall for the bomb that you have lined up for
                            # Running and hitting the wall with a bomb to make it bounce then hit the enemy
                            # Lobbing behind your team or alone

Believe me. Almost none of the better javelins nowadays are going to fall for your tricks. Times have changed and you should try to change as well. Try to adabt the play style that Thunder has and make yourself useful.

That's all there is about it. You are a good javelin, but simply play in a different way than others do. You would be classified as a "Baseelim Javelin" instead of a "Team Javelin" in my books, if you know what I mean, although you probably don't want to admit it.

Comment

re

ROFLMAO TURBAN U KILL ME , mr. 1-7 in TWLJ SEMIS + LOSING TO DW THIS TWL SEASON

P.S. RING COUNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
                              TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                              TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                              KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                              1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                              1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Working...
                              X