More interesting than Cres's TWLD Predictions Season 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More interesting than Cres's TWLD Predictions Season 17

I was going to write my thread but after writing 1 squad I got too lazy to do the rest. Here are my TL;DR comments on your predictions and to make it more exciting I'm going to comment on the starters/subs and the squad in general. I also added a fair amount of troll and callouts to make this interesting but don't think any personal to all you sensitive warbirds out there. I didn't comment on my own squad cause needless to say we are going to win TWLD and trash all these n00pi squads. Cobramin FTW tyvm.

In order of squad strength AFTER #1 squad Cobramin ofc:

2.)Raid - I think your starting line is completely wrong. Raid will be starting Best, Racka, Vys, Reaver, and Plob#F with bon and stylez as sub. I have pretty high hopes for Raid this year, as they have basically paired WoD with some of the Raid guys to create this squadron. The roster is filled with rushtastic people (Best/Racka/Vys) and has a good mix with Reaver/Plob#f doing mop up duty afterwards. I also think their depth is much better than Fierce as they have a solid bench who will fill in if any of these tryhards miss a week (DOUBTFUL).
    • Best (Cho) is their prime player this year, but I'm going to call HIGHLY overrated. I fully expect him to get stomped this TWLD. His playstyle (think of it as a mix of Vys and Skepsis) basically relies on his ability to lag onto your screen to get free kills, then steadily run/stray his way back to team. While highly succesful against shitty squads, better teamed/skilled players will be fully prepared to wreck havok on his idiot rushes.
    • Racka falls into a similar category, where his style is rush rush rush. He plays slightly smarter than Best, but I'd argue that his overaggressiveness will be his downfall in TWL unless his squad is there to back him up. He's also SLIGHTLY rusty and not in his prime (watching people like Ricko run away from Racka successfully with 0 nrg is my evidence of this).
    • Vys is weird b/c he has idiot rushes but plays SAFE instead of overpushing his rush. However he also solos on his own and while he does fine in solo matchups (reminds me of Lasenza), this will hurt the teaming of the squad and I'd urge anybody to stop vsing him 1v1 and go back to your own team :-).
    • Reaver is a safe, passive midranger and I'm pretty sure him/thix hate my guts for recruiting Dwopple/Necro. With that said he has excellent radar shots and a solid underused rush. I'd argue that him using Best/Racka/vys as his shield and then doing mopup duty is going to be why he has an excellent season. If Best/Racka/vys die out early, I think he's going to have trouble holding his own on a push and will be relegated to stray duty.
    • Plob#F is an allaround player. I think their 5th wb here is their weakest bird (albeit plobby is pretty solid wb overall), but I think he's far removed from his prime on Syndicate/etc. back in the day. He doesn't play very well in close range combo and is an medicore/average TWLer. Not much to comment on here. Might be the weakest link on raid.

3.) Sweet - Sweet returns with their starting line intact from their TWLD victory in the past (although that season was bullshit cause nobody good was playing :-)). The line should be Riverside/Engineers/Jones/Burnt/scoop(if active, else subsitute Dak). With that said look to Riverside/Engineers to carry the weight of this squad. I like that they added some pro strayers in Burnt to play this year, as it is definitely stronger than Eric Clapton/vt (sorry bud ).
    • Riverside is basically a tryhard rusher that tends to solo too much and fight 1v2 like an idiot. Luckily for him, he has good enough aim and dodge to get him out of most sticky situations. Unfortunately for his team, that results in either 6-10 first out or 16-9 mvp. His inconsistency and current lack of practice may be his downfall this year.
    • Engineers I'd argue is one of the top wbs in the zone right now. Once again, he hasn't been that active. Engineers plays a pushy mid-range game which is very good for TWL. I expect him to play a solid season with maybe 1-2 chokes at most due to rust. Excellent control of his pace and good teaming is going to help him alot this year.
    • Burnt aka Usain Bolt is a stellar strayer/runner. Contrary to popular belief, he doesn't run THAT much in games. It's only in duels or 1v1 1v2 situations where he will put his running shoes on and run around the map. His rush is medicore at best and I think his downfall this season is going to be playing for himself more than playing for his team.
    • Dak is the king of the blind lag rush and honestly can't do shit very consistently expect for that. His teaming is subpar/trash just like he was on United Force and the only improvement he has made sense then is his ability to randomlly pop up on your screen at the right time and place, then pray to god everyone misses him when he tries to escape.
    • Jones is either on or off. Inconsistent player due to his playstyle. He pushes really hard and teams but sometimes takes it overboard (watch what happens if you're on 9 and he starts to chase you). His amazing lag is due to cause some crybabies during TWL and look to him either eith 5-10 or 14-10 mvp.

4.)Fierce - I agree with your starting line. I'd say 1st sub is Vash and 2nd sub is they won't sub cause dropoff is massive. There's also a chance I could see Skepsis benching for Vash. As for general comments I expect Apok, LaSenza, and Deez to basically carry this line. After those 3 warbirds I'd say the dropoff in skill is pretty quick. I'd call out Vash/Skepsis being the achilles heel of this Fierce squadron since one is too pussy/can't finish games strong, and the other is inconsistent and dies out as fast as Unabled or Peru does due to suicide rushing. Fierce is definitely weaker without Engineers this year and I don't see them doing as well as they did last season.
    • Apok is a good all around player. Hard to find fault with his playstyle except for the fact whenver anybody does something stupid vs him, he pms them and asks why (r u srs bro?). I guess I could chalk that up to his inability to handle unexpected/idiot moves that alot of wbs make.
    • Deez is aggressive to a fault sometimes (overdoing his lag vultch rushes is typically what causes his chokes). He has a stellar midrange push that sometimes gets him into trouble but more often than nought he is successful in a kill and clean getaway.
    • LaSenza has pro duel skills and patience of an 80 year old person. He plays on the passive side and has a tendency to fight on his own / leave the team. Luckily for LaSenza they got ventrilo to save the day and coord all night so people will rally around him.
    • Skepsis (Bharat) is the king of the blind lag rush and honestly can't do shit very consistently expect for that. His teaming is subpar/trash just like he was on United Force and the only improvement he has made sense then is his ability to randomlly pop up on your screen at the right time and place, then pray to god everyone misses him when he tries to escape.
    • Vash can't team at all as evidenced by the last 2v2 I had to play with him and watch him get rushed by vys 1v1 and die every time w/o a kill (<3 you too bro). He's excellent at staying alive though and his great radar/strays, I just wouldn't feel comfortable having him in when the game gets tighter at end.

----------------- big gap in skill ----------------------------

Potenza - will get one or maybe two upsets at most. Look for Iron/Okyo/Tarnish combo to carry. Speedkillz to have a surprisingly mediocre season and everyone else on the squad to not do well. Last starter will most likely be dour or qpr. Iron's lag and Okyo's shift-rush and Tarnish for mop up duty. Glad these guys are back but honestly I can't see them on the same skill level as the first 4 squads.

--------------- even HUGER gap in skill -----------------

No offense to anybody but these squads I just didn’t have the time to write about because I can’t see any of them being all that relevant. Most will just get blown out.

-Creature
    Last edited by Creature; 01-14-2013, 07:56 PM.

Sidenote - forums suck I literally can't edit and it took me like 15 tries to post this

also - Renzi 4 TWLD mvp

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
      Sidenote - forums suck I literally can't edit and it took me like 15 tries to post this
      True ^

Raid; Doubt Plob would play over Kyou or Stylez

Fierce; Vash? Not sure about this one

Good post over all sir, love the --HUGE GAPS-- haha

Comment

this actually pretty good...delete mine forum staff
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Just realized I forgot about Raazi in my writeup, thx to stuckup for pointing this out:

Can some forum mod please edit this in:

Raazi is basically an all around player that feeds off easy kills resulting from lured misses from Skepsis/etc. He can't create shots on his own and he has a tendency to miss ez shots when it counts. I don't expect him to do much but as of right now I have in my starting line. Expect him to MVP 1 game due to cleaning up garbage but when it really matters vs. tougher players I'm expecting a 7-10 performance 2nd one out. Not a gamechangir.

Comment

renzi
            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
              Expect him to MVP 1 game due to cleaning up garbage but when it really matters vs. tougher players I'm expecting a 7-10 performance 2nd one out. Not a gamechangir.
              good thing there aren't any tough players in this ld

Comment

don't see how u can disrespect fierce after winning 2 lds by putting them behind Raid (not to mention cobra, and even sweet)

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                  don't see how u can disrespect fierce after winning 2 lds by putting them behind Raid (not to mention cobra, and even sweet)
                  Because they don't have the same line they did before and it's my opinion not TW's opinion afk.

Also I just noticed I forgot to finish Dak's writeup and just copypasted. Could forum mod please fix?

Dak is the king of stray and manages to always stay on your radar/edge of screen while shooting into the fray to get kills. While this gets him kills (sometimes), it will be less successful vs strong teamed squads. Also his teaming subpar / leaves his team as a shield and doesn't help push much at all. He does really slow and isn't a bad dueler so it's not too bad if he ends up last in...my only concern is during the time he's in if he can contribute enough to win.

That's all guys

Comment

Cobra has five warbirds? oh

Comment

all we need is one geio baby and youre looking right at him
                      J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                      8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

ITT: Cobra making excuses about their losses in advance
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

geio still plays this game? my god, when will the holy trinity (featuring amnesti, havok and geio) leave this game for good.

Comment

goof

Comment

that's a pretty big gap in skill
                              PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                              ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Working...
                              X