Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
    Sports betting: why you will always lose

If you bet $100 on a game and if you win, then you win $100. If you bet $100 on a game and when you lose, you do not just lose $100, you lose $110 which is an extra 10%. What kind of a deal for you is that? A very bad deal! This extra 10% is the sports bookie house edge against you. Every sporting event that a bookie takes bets on usually has at least this house edge percentage against you. Usually the house edge percentage is even higher against you on non-team, individual athlete, sporting events such as boxing, golf, tennis and others.

So you think that you can be the sports bettor genius who can overcome that 10% difference? You think that you will be the first person to microscopically analyze all those statistics, know the precise meteorological weather conditions for the outdoor games, know how all of the players are feeling during the games, account for injuries during the games, know what fumbles, errors, turnovers, mistakes and little idiosyncrasies will occur during the games, and also outsmart those sports line oddsmakers in Las Vegas. You believe that if everything else fails then all you need is some good luck. But good luck is impossible in sports betting when there is a bookie house edge. Eventually sooner or later and it is usually sooner, you definitely will always lose your bankroll. Losing all of your money in sports betting is absolutely inevitable.

It does not matter how you handicap the games, trends, players, coaches, weather or anything else. You will over the long-run pick 50% winners and 50% losers on point spread games against the spread. It does not matter how you vary the bets for instance betting more on your top picks. You will over the long-run place 50% of your total money on the winners and 50% of your total money on the losers on point spread games against the spread. But there is a catch. You must pay that 10% extra on point spread games when you lose. So it does not matter how the betting is done, you will always lose.

you can find -105 pretty easily on most major events. you are right though it is pretty difficult to beat the books in the long run. the upside to this analysis is that if you are responsible with betting amounts in relationship to your bankroll you are only giving up $10 in equity on a $110 bet if you are a complete 50/50 square. #kellycriterion
    What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

fuck jim harbaugh
      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Comment

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
              Got $500 on 49er's
              being from the san francisco bay area, i was definitely a sad fan when the game concluded. but after reading this, i am instantly reminded of how it could always be worse.

poor megaman, losing all of havok's money (and some) to a ravens fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                ^Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. glad you found your nut humid afk
                now you ought to understand why you only have one, river

Comment

Extend SOFT Lock till Week 3 since TWL was on break, IMO.
                  TWLD Champion 2014
                  TWDTB Champion 2013
                  TWDTB Champion 2016
                  TWDTB Champion 2017
                  TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                  -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Seconded. PS. Dudgeon recruiting TWLJ starter for rest of the season.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                      I dont really care,