TWLJ Hot or Not Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLJ Hot or Not Week 2

I apologize for my absence last week and also for the brevity of this week's writeup. My school workload has increased as the semester has progressed. I only managed to catch a few matches this week but I would be doing a disservice if I didn't comment on the game of the week.

Game of the Week:
    Pandora v. Sage
    49-49 Tie

Pandora:
    Evildeed, Ease, Amputate, Rough, Children

Sage:
    Aprix, dirty dogg, Stayon, Kawrae, Hunt

Pandora, for the second week in a row, started the game out flatter than the plains in the Midwest. Children led the way looking like a soon-to-be euthanized chihuahua. Pandora's line was extremely passive out of the gate as Ease could not gain his footing with Evildeed zooming around and Amputate taking over Fludd's role as the squad's tker. Pandora's saving grace was Rough who managed to pull 17 kills out of his extremities.

Conversely, Sage capitalized on Pandora's weak play nicely. Stayon led the charge with his solid jav-play accompanied by his subtle lag. Hunt, seemingly taking my pre-season write-up to heart, provided solid back-up to Stayon's rush. Aprix, per usual, lobbed his way around the map while Kawrae tanked 49 shots while frustrating Pandora in the process.

This game would eventually see itself in a 1v2 situation with Sage having a 47-49 lead. Amputate quickly disposed of Hunt and was left with aprix in a 1v1 duel. Aprix, at first, ran for close to two minutes but failed miserably when Amputate landed a kill by hitting a corner tile when aprix shifted by. With 3 minutes left on the clock, Amp and aprix commenced a cosmic ballet in which neither player fired a bomb for close to five minutes. I expected this from Amp, as he has carved his name in TWL history as one of the most careful players. Aprix on the other hand seemed to be barely coping with the fact that he choked a 2 point lead for his squad. In a rather mundane fashion, this game ended in a draw, which means it will be replayed at the end of the regular season.

Sage choked a ~6 point lead as their weak links were eliminated. Dirty dogg proved to be a huge chink in Sage's armor. I would suggest playing a2m or spikey over dirty dogg as both of them have TWLJ experience and have proven, at the very least, that they are a viable option for a 5th player.

For Pandora, on paper we are the strongest in TWLJ. In actuality, we are playing like we are 6th in the league. Something needs to change soon or else the playoff talk will be a far cry from reality.

Hot: Rough 17-10
    Not: Pandora as a whole for not easily winning.

Cobra v. Raid
    50-46
    Cobra: Infrared, Creature, Mhz, necromotic, turban
    Raid: Best, dald, Nowyoudie, Reaver, Roiwerk

For some this may have come as an upset. For me this game went the predicted route. I managed to catch the latter half of this match upon the conclusion of Pandora v. Sage. Cobra was down a considerable amount and in an act of desperation, that eventually paid dividends, subbed Cross in for an ailing Mhz. As an aside, Cross should start as Cobra's 5th jav in most if not all of their games. He has years of experience with the player base in Cobra and his style is very complimentary to the squad as a whole. Cross' sub proved invaluable as he netted 8 kills to a measly 2 deaths. Infrared, while commenting on his poor performance in Thunder chat, managed to stay alive against a passive Raid lineup. Turban (turpin) managed to put down his cat, turned off LoL for once, and threw on his headband to lead Cobra on their comeback victory.

Raid on the other hand seemed to crumble. To start off, Best does not belong in a TWLJ setting; this LJ was ample enough proof. Presumably Saving could not make it to the game or else he would have taken Best's spot. Raid in toto, usually play passive aggressive. Against Cobra, they just seemed passive. Before the season started, I commented that Roiwerk had improved his team play. As of now, I partially recant that statement. Roiwerk still has a solo element to his play style that needs to be fixed. Individually he is one of the better dodgers I have seen. In a team capacity, his want of an acceptable personal record supersedes the overall aspect of winning the game. Reaver and Nowyoudie weren't able to both maintain their lead and contain the Cobramin's comeback.

Hot: Turpin for head-banding with a 17-10
    Not: Best/vys going 5-8, 0-2 respectively, after all the talking that they do.
    Honorable Mention: dald for not lagging out

Fierce v. Sixies
    50 - 26

Fierce:
    Deez Nuts, Apok, 24, Tiny, Singer
    Sixies: Fork, Lorko, Serbia, Blinding, mad jack the pirat

I only caught the tail end of this game. As soon as I entered the arena Tiny, thirsty for forum attention, spammed me to make sure I wrote this week. Good job on defeating Sixies the way Pandora should have handled them. This LJ was a snooze fest as indicated by the lack of spectators in the arena.

Hot: Tiny 15-4. Children> focus more on raising your child not MVP'ing
    Not: Tiny for spamming me to make him not against Sixies.

Sweet v. Dudgeon
    36 - 50

Sweet:
    Vitja, Eric Clapton, Cuji, Marge, Hulk
    Dudgeon: Zizzo, Sakke, Mikkiz, Dreamwin, maketso

Unfortunately for Sweet, megaman89 and Eelam were ineligible to play this LJ. I strongly believe the outcome would have been different if they were allowed to play for Eric Clapton and Cuji. Eric Clapton, despite carrying his squad in JD's right before the LJ, looked completely lost against the finnish dream team. Zizzo's strays, dwin's pming and lag, and Sakke's bullets were simply too much for the rusty Cuji. Marge managed to hold his ground as hulk led the charge for Sweet. Vitja still looked a bit rusty out there but should be back in LJ form pretty soon. Overall if I were in Sweet I would not be too worried about this loss as megaman89 and Eelam add huge amounts of pressure for the opposing team. Unfortunately, the TWL rules worked to the advantage of the Döner Kebab aficionados.

Hot: Marge 14-10, hulk 12-10; probably my two favorite players on Sweet putting up solid recs
    Not: Eric Clapton. Going 15-10 in JD's and 4-10 in LJ

Revenge v. Potenza
    50 - 42

Revenge:
    Zazerick, Mean Gene, Skatarius, Kian, pizikius
    Potenza: forces, Iron Survivor, qpr, Lame, okyo

This match featured the bottom of the barrel in terms of jav talent (no disrespect to Potenza or qpr). I did not watch much of it but the few seconds I did reaffirmed my ability to encapsulate players' jav style in written form. Zazerick was busy lobbing bombs but did not manage to get any of his lobs to hit as this day belonged to Kian. Skatarius was busy trying to mindlessly shift his way to a victory, and though he did achieve that, he ended the game with a miserable 4-8. Mean Gene in a surprising move, managed to go positive, albeit against a rusty Na$ (Lame). Pizikius (who is this guy?) also managed to cover for Loberick's and skatarius' mistakes. Unfortunately for Potenza's core of Iron Survivor, qpr, forces, and okyo, Revenge's strays were too great. But the close score is an indicator that Revenge should watch out lest they play Potenza again.

Hot: Kian with a 13-9 and an MVP.
    Not: Lame with a 4-10.

This upcoming Sunday is my birthday so depending on the magnitude of my hangover, I may not be able to watch every LJ game. I will still make sure to watch the close ones and add in flowery trolls accordingly.

-Tsunami

P.S. Excuse the Font/Color. These forums need an overhaul
    Last edited by Tsunami; 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM.

Lol, you dont seem to like us very much.

Sweet v. Dudgeon
    36 - 50
    Hot: Marge 14-10, hulk 12-10; probably my two favorite players on Sweet putting up solid recs
    Not: Eric Clapton. Going 15-10 in JD's and 4-10 in LJ
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

You jump to reviewing week 2 for twlj? where is week 1? anyway i'm glad someone is writing an lj review. +1
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

that green text is almost TOO nice of a colour

Comment

Solid write-up, good job.
          JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
          JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
          mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
          mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

luv u tsu keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami View Post

Fierce v. Sixies
              50 - 26

Fierce:
              Deez Nuts, Apok, 24, Tiny, Singer
              Sixies: Fork, Lorko, Serbia, Blinding, mad jack the pirat

I only caught the tail end of this game. As soon as I entered the arena Tiny, thirsty for forum attention, spammed me to make sure I wrote this week. Good job on defeating Sixies the way Pandora should have handled them. This LJ was a snooze fest as indicated by the lack of spectators in the arena.

Hot: Tiny 15-4. Children> focus more on raising your child not MVP'ing
              Not: Tiny for spamming me to make him not against Sixies.
              No Slum. Anyways I'm pretty confident 9/10 (etc) of our next games will be wins, props to Pandora and Fierce though, top LJ squads atm. <3
              TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
              TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
              TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Anyways I'm pretty confident 9/10 (etc) of our next games will be wins
                Slum muh boii. You coulda just waited for next week and say ur confident 9/9 of your next games will be wins.
                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Bahahaha DW I got you KO'd at 8:10 tommorow G! ;P
                  TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                  TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                  TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

You interested in putting $ on your 9/10 prediction slum?
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                    1:waven> is if im going to prison
                    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Wanted to point that out too, TWL staff is great this year.

-Remove the timer for TWLD/TWLJ matches so that matches can no longer end in ties. Matches will be played until completion
                      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                      1:waven> is if im going to prison
                      1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Working...
                      X