Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 18: TWL Official Predictions - Week 1

Official Predictions - Week 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWLB - By: Ogron

Match of the Week:
    Dice vs. Enemy

Two of the top three squads face off in Week 1, and on paper this looks like a close game, with two experienced, Championship-caliber rosters going at it. In reality, this is going to be a curb-stomping, and Dice is going to absolutely disintegrate Enemy. I'll be amazed if Enemy gets 8 minutes.

Enemy's basing roster is a complete mess at the moment, they rarely play, and when they do they're starting Ephemeral, Raminator and Gurliver in every match. Cintra, Veloce, Kate Upton, all are inactive or MIA, while Dice plays Cripple, Stayon, and Megaman every day like they're Goku in a hyperbolic chamber training to take on Freeza.

If this matchup had come later in the season, I think the result would be a lot closer, but as of right now, Dice is way better prepared.

Prediction: Dice (15-5)

------------

Revenge vs. Fierce

Revenge toyed with a hapless Fierce lineup in preseason, and I don't expect much to change. Even inactive, the likes of Hellkite, Squall, Eelam and Menelvagor are too much for Fiercites.

Prediction: Revenge (15-1)

------------

Dudgeon vs. Value

Value may be upbeat about basing after demolishing the Wildcard tournament, but they're going to quickly realize they're the Anthony Bennett of TWLB and not NBA-ready in the least, as Dudgeon is going to do to Value what alcohol and drugs did to Mickey Rourke's face.

Look for Mikkiz to possibly ace, vys to get steamrolled by Gilder and NL>Trigger under, and big Leitz to MVP over.

Since the tourny, they've added hired guns Royst, Renzi, Remu, Schope and Gazo, which is some formidable spider power, but I still fail to see much shark depth or a quality terrier. They'll probably have to play Renzi in terr and Royst in shark, taking a lot of venom out of their bite. Moreover, they're all rusty, and Mikkiz is a god with strong under support, and Zizzo/Leitz can hold their own over.

Prediction: Dudgeon (15-7)

------------

Pandora vs. Warhable

Bad luck for Warhable to draw Panda on their first game, but frankly I can't see them getting a win off anyone this season. Hopefully they can soak up some good TWL experience and not get too down about their slim prospects at victory, and just focus on getting as much time as possible.

Prediction: Pandora (15-1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWLD - By: Weak

Paladen vs Fierce

These two teams face off in consecutive weeks and Paladen better show up or they are going to see a repeat of preseason. Fierce looks keep a fast paced tempo and their teaming vs a Paladen squad with a lot to prove. They only chance Paladen has is if Jessup, Let, and Ready For Anything step up. I look for Fierce's vets to step up and quickly knock Paladen to an 0-1 start. (Look for Skepsis/Dak to MVP)

Score 50-37 Fierce

Enemy vs Juans

This match up will give one of these squads a much needed victory.. Enemy had a lackluster preseason and still needs to show they can even hang with the big boys. They haven't played much if any twdds and you rarely see any of these guys in warbird. Luckily for them, they are playing the other bottom-feeder in twld. Juans had a decent preseason round and did better than most of us expected. Juan Juan was impressive last week and I look for him and Risk to carry them this week. I'm feeling an upset in the making here. I don't see Skat/Trasher being able to carry this team, and no one seems to want to step up in ship 1.

Score 50-43 Juans

Wolf vs Savanger

Here we have a match up of the 2 squads with the most to prove and the ability to do it. Wolf comes in with their core guys active and playing together as in recent years. They face off with a Savanger squad that couldn't even manage 5 to show in preseason. I look for Flew/Rasaq to lead the way for Wolf and for Stylez to make up for his showing last week. Savanger picked up Cres yesterday and we'll see what he can do with his new roster. I see Wolf being too strong in early season while Savanger will need to find it's identity/a solid 5 they can count on to show up and perform.

Score 50-41 Wolf

Game of the Week

Pandora vs Value

This game on paper seems to be the most intriguing and most competitive. Both squads come off pretty easy preseason victories and both want to make a point going forward in LD. Value has been the most active squad recently and is really going to show up this year. I see RaCka and ivf leading the way, as I expect for most weeks, and for dele to be the make or break for the rest of their line. Pandora will rely on Best, Ease, and a mix of Kyou/Tanzu/Beam/Attacks/Mythril to round off the most solid 5 starting core in LD. I see this game going back and forth with both squads having their share of runs. I think the combo Pandora has with the mix of rush/radar will outlast the mainly rush style of Value.

Score 50-44 Pandora

TWLJ - By: Tiny

Game of the Week

Fierce vs Pandora

This is by far the biggest game of the week. Sad to say that this could be the pinnacle of TWLJ regular season games so early in the season. That being said, I have a feeling that this game is going to go in Fierce's favor. Fierce at this point in time, seem to be playing many more games and seems to have the hunger more than the reigning champs Pandora. Pandora in my experience, usually needs a good kick in the ass before they get their motor running, and I think thats exactly what's going to happen this week. Their starters just recently returning to the game, have not had enough time to get back into last season form. That, and fierce remembering the crap pandora pulled last season has a score to settle. Assuming both teams show their starters, look for fierce to be in better shape and take this match home. It wont be the last heard from pandora though.

Fierce - Pandora
    50 - 44

Dudgeon vs Juans

Going down the list here, we come across two teams made of people that have been playing together for some time. What dudgeon lacks in individual talent, they make up in their great teaming. Due to some recent roster activity that has left dudgeons chances of winning anything dismal and bleak, but I feel they will put up a good fight Juans in the end will overcome dudgeon on shear talent. The only hopes dudgeon has is to focus their efforts on a select few hope to use their teaming abilities to compensate for their lack of stars. Look for Zizzo and Roiwerk to be key players in these weeks outing.

Dudgeon - Juans
    39 - 50

Dice vs Revenge

Week 1, round 2 of dice vs revenge. After seeing these two play last week, we get to come back and see them play one more time. Last week we saw dice playing cat and mouse with revenge, playing the B string and getting away with it. I dont think they will do the same thing this week. Last week Dice quickly knocked out rendered in the fastest 4-10 ive ever seen in TWL and still put up a fight. If Revenge can keep that from happening again, and dice doesnt play their top line, this game could be close. Look for big game from marge, and hopefully rendered can stay out of spec and we could have a decent outing.

Dice - Revenge
    50 - 41

Value vs Cougars

This could turn into a blowout quickly if cougars don't pull something big. Last week cougars took a huge lead on a Huge favorite pandora, but I dont think value is going to treat cougars like anything different than a formidable opponent. That being said, Value will put in its top line and tighten their head bands and go to cougar town (see what i did there?).

Value - Cougars
    50-35
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

I know we're gonna lose but shit, we ain't gonna lose by that much!
    Former TW Staff

Comment

Good solid predictions although Cres is no longer with Savanger I still feel we have some content players who, if show, can develop decent momentum and get the ball rolling.

My biased prediction: 50-46 Savanger

Comment

This game will be different, and we'll win this game vs Revenge
        TWLD Champion 2014
        TWDTB Champion 2013
        TWDTB Champion 2016
        TWDTB Champion 2017
        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Hehe what about Spastic?
          sdg

Comment

TWLB - Predictions

Prediction Accuracy to date: 50%

Variance: 29:14

Dice vs. Enemy
            Prediction: Dice (15-5)

Actual: Enemy (15:00 - 10:53) -14:07

Revenge vs. Fierce
            Prediction: Revenge (15-1)

Actual: Fierce (15:00 - 14:04) - 14:56

Dudgeon vs. Value
            Prediction: Dudgeon (15-7)

Actual: Dudgeon (15:00 - 5:58) -1:02

Pandora vs. Warhable
            Prediction: Pandora (15-1)

Actual: Pandora (15:00 - 2:01) -1:01

TWLD Predictions

Prediction Accuracy to date: 75%

Variance: -53

Paladen vs Fierce

Score 50-37 Fierce

Actual: Fierce (50-27) -10

Enemy vs Juans
            Score 50-43 Juans

Actual: Enemy (50-35) -22

Wolf vs Savanger
            Score 50-41 Wolf

Actual: Wolf (50-38) -3

Pandora vs Value
            Score 50-44 Pandora

Actualy: Pandora (48-24) -18

TWLJ Predictions

Prediction Accuracy to date: 100%

Variance: -30

Fierce vs Pandora
            Fierce - Pandora
            50 - 44

Actual: (Fierce 50 - 32) -12

Dudgeon vs Juans
            Dudgeon - Juans
            39 - 50

Actual: Juans (50 - 28) -11

Dice vs Revenge
            Dice - Revenge
            50 - 41

Actual: Dice (50 - 44) -3

Value vs Cougars
            Value - Cougars
            50-35

Actual: Value (50 - 31) -4

I figured I'd start doing this with our weekly predictions. Let me know if I can't add, or you'd like to see anything else?

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

wat makes these Official?
              1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
              Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
              1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
              1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
              beam> stfu tsunami
              Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
              beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
              Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Infrared View Post
                wat makes these Official?
                We have "officially" volunteered much of our time to do this, and being as the TWL staff have selected people to write these, we will go by what they have written as our predictions that will be endorsed by TWL Staff. Feel free to do your own.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Working...
                X